Page 146 of 277
Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:29 pm
by JMaytr
Jon will not allow it either. If that is what cirdan tries I say initiative. I will PM my actions to ewan so he knows what jon does.
Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:30 pm
by steveflam
I did too LOL!
Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:39 pm
by steveflam
I sent ewan a pm and am out for a few hours for band busniess [Ya know, eating, drinking, discussing songs and gigs, more drinking .........

]
Back around 9:30 pm my time so in around 4 hours or so.
Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:28 pm
by Adam
Didn't know we were pausing so I posted, but my action shouldn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Consider that round one if you wish.
Good lord, whoever Jon is had better have a good explanation for this. I know, when the chips are down, which party members Benn would end up with. The weremink that keeps running off into the woods at random, insults the healers, doesn't trust us, and starts trouble with the party is not among them.
Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:25 pm
by JMaytr
poop
Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:55 pm
by Brock Marsh Runoff
Just a note, Dorgio hasn't actually tortured anybody in the game so far. I know Jon was kind of knocked out at the time, but unless I'm really misremembering something, Dorgio was one of the few people who was actually protesting the torture. In fact, being anti-torture is a HUGE part of Dorgio's background story.
Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:57 pm
by Brock Marsh Runoff
Also, I think Jon first met Dorgio in a tavern to begin with, but that's besides the point. I don't see anybody being "penalized" for RPing their characters, though.
Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:13 pm
by Brock Marsh Runoff
At any rate, I don't think it's that far-fetched for some of the PCs to think that Jon is more than just an unfortunate little boy. For example, Dorgio has a lot of reason to suspect that Jon, not Van Diecks, is the killer. Jon is obsessed with his mother's murder, which IIRC happened because of the color of her hair. When the PCs find a bunch of dead women, women who flirted with Jon, who also happen to have their hair fanned out ritualistically, I think it seems reasonable to suspect that Jon might be the real killer. Plus, there was that whole business with the whore on the boat. That could well have been because the party had been a bad influence on Jon, but it's certainly ambiguous enough to cast doubt. Jon's clearly got some weird issues with women, or at least Dorgio thinks so.
Anyway, Dorgio's been starting to suspect Jon less and less, but the current outburst doesn't help the situation, even though it's completely in character for Jon and appropriate considering the situation. And you'll notice that he is trying to stop Cirdan, even though he's not especially happy with Jon right now. Dorgio's often wrong and more than a little nuts, but I don't think his alignment is in question.
You bring up a good point, though. Would the PCs, especially the PCs from more medieval regions, view Jon as a "little boy"? He's what, fifteen, sixteen, right? At least in Gundarak/Barovia, that would probably make him a man. So it muddies the situation even further.
Either way thought, can't wait to see how this turns out!
Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:20 pm
by JMaytr
i know I'm having a great time!
Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:25 pm
by Adam
Bottom line, when Benn walked away from this group with Dorgio a second ago we were heroes that had saved these people from a dangerous witch in the wood and was going to hunt down this recent murderer. When I walked back, we were on the wrong end of an angry mob basically being led by Jon, accusing Benn's friend Dorgio of being a Vistani meddler who somehow is the cause of all of this despite the fact that Dorgio is constantly healing others at his own expense, and has somehow made the knight go crazy. I suggested walking away and dealing with this in private, and the situation proceeded to get more agitated instead. Bennedict values rationality over anything, and Jon's most defining trait thus far has been irrationality. Additionally, the same suspicions about Jon perhaps not being able to control his affliction, or maybe being controlled by Van Deicks, has crossed Benn's mind as well. I think he's acting in an entirely understandable fashion for his character.
And I may be wrong, but didn't Van Richten make peace with the Vistani before the end? Has that not happened yet?
And if I crossed up OOC and IC in the last post, I apologize. I meant the character, Jon, has some 'splainin to do.
Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:39 pm
by steveflam
OK I am back! Hope ewan posts my scene! You guys rock as roleplayers!
I think I have really been blessed on this site with really good roleplayers:
In ewan's other game, this one and of course my new game!
Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:01 pm
by JMaytr
Yeah i really like everyone's roleplaying. We are blessed everyone is so good.
To be fair everyone, I kinda meant that big "splaining" post to be sent to Adam as a PM but accidently posted it.
And we are still heroes to the moot folk, they just dont like jon getting beat up on.
I think Brock is right about Jon, 15 is probably a man to most societies. But Jon is 10 and looks 15
Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:10 pm
by Brock Marsh Runoff
ewancummins wrote:Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Sure thing, I've gotta go run some experiments anyway.
But wow! That got really out of hand really quick!
Will these be experiments a la
'Frankenstein meets the Wolfman'?
'Cuz that would rock!
Ha, no, I do research in psycholinguistics. Mostly I study how we process figurative language, sarcasm, metaphors, that kind of thing. Most of my subjects in these experiments tend to about as articulate as Boris Karloff, though.

Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:12 pm
by steveflam
Well I can't wait for ewan to get back!
Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:13 pm
by Brock Marsh Runoff
Same here! I'm holding off on IC until Norzak's action posts.