Starcrossed: A Ravenloft Comic Discussion

Fiction about Ravenloft or Gothic Earth
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Isabella wrote:Great, now I have images of chocolate covered popcorn chicken.
I put them in separate posts for a reason, y'know. :P

Still, as long as we're drinking chocolate syrup, why not?
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

I have this terrible feeling that our friendly neighbourhood priest is going to do something very unfriendly to the overwrought young nobleman in a bit so as to save the girl who seems to have become much like an adopted daughter to him ...
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

I don't know about that. Desmarais strikes me as being firmly balanced. He might hit Etienne on the head a bit to knock him out, but I doubt he'd do anything he'd regret later.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

NeoTiamat wrote:I don't know about that. Desmarais strikes me as being firmly balanced. He might hit Etienne on the head a bit to knock him out, but I doubt he'd do anything he'd regret later.
*Takes words. Examines them.*

*Reaches for salt.*

*Eats them.*
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Kaitou Kage »

Tsk, salt, the easy way out.

Also, yay blood :D Yay evil priest!
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Evil? Not so much. In danger of failing a Powers Check? Oh, yes.

And is that Anton Misroi, applauding in the foreground? It is raining, which would allow him to come out and enjoy 'the show'.
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DocBeard »

Oh @#$%, that would be...

I dunno who that is, but either way, a pair of gloves slow clapping a murder is pretty damn ominous. It fits Misroi's MO, for certain. Nice work on the build up, and I like the contrast between the sedated yellow scarf and the blood. I noticed the scarf was a similar shade to the color Satine's eyes glowed when she was channeling Ezra's power, is that a reference or just concidence?

The only flaw is how quickly the good Father moved-the distance the son was from our boy D would require rogue-level movement skills, or a similar trick to allow the Father to close the distance so quickly. Admittedly, the young man was established as seeing the priest as a non-entity, and it's not so glaring as to detract from the enjoyment of the page, but I might have shown Desmarais clutching his holy symbol in his free hand, or some sparks of divine energy around his fists and sword, to show that the old guy just busted out some supernatural quickness.
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Given how much Etienne was expecting what just happened, Desmarais could probably have just walked up to him.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Isabella wrote:Given how much Etienne was expecting what just happened, Desmarais could probably have just walked up to him.

I didn't gather any impression of supernatural quickness. The priest just made a decision and acted- QUICKLY. Ettine was distracted by his grief, managing the horse, and being in the middle of a big rainstorm. He almost certainly did not anticipate the priest bushwhacking him like that.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Allow me to introduce you. Oh, have you already met?

Looking a little different there.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Well, huh. Is this version of Baron Samedi Isabella's view on Anton Misroi, an avatar of the Lord of the Dead, or a different loah altogether? Or something even different than that?
In any case, it does not seem that Desmarais has been forsaken by his goddess, wrongful act or no. In danger of losing his life, yes. Forsaken ... not so much.
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

It's Misroi.

Von Kharkov had enough problems without being the token black guy.
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Isabella wrote:It's Misroi.

Von Kharkov had enough problems without being the token black guy.
Oh, goodness me. ^^; That really makes me laugh! Heh. It also casts a rather interesting light on Misroi's general attitude ...
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DocBeard »

I love the subtle touch of the Darklord being the only character that's fully colored, instead of just having important bits like the eyes or important talismans. It really gives seeing the character a, "Oh snnnap." feeling to it.

Where did that shield come from, though? Did I miss it hanging on the dude's back, or is it a magical shield that pops up when Desmaris summons it?
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

He had it with him. If you look at the previous picture, you can see him resting it on the ground. Before that, he was carrying it on his back.