Mists over the Musarde, Chapter Seven

Online roleplaying at the Café
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Bennedict curses in surprise and turns, whipping the crossbow towards the moaning sound.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Dorgio leaves with the rest of them to find Benn and Galandel. "This time, everyone be keeping close. How was the elf even getting away from us to begin with?"
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

north side of the fast-flowing stream

Wat, without turning around, asks Alain-

'' The others- what are they doing now? Those noises...''

south side, near the cliff

Dorgio, Dofur, Franz, Jon, and Karim get close together and begin quickly moving back upstream, toward the rocky maze.

south side, upstream, among the rocks

Bennedict curses in surprise and turns, whipping the crossbow towards the moaning sound.
''Uhhhhh....''

Galandel is on the ground at the base of a low rock wall, one boot missing. The elf is moving, but seems dazed, or perhaps badly injured. He groans and looks up at Benn. His catlike eyes suddenly flash wide open, and his lips part to scream.

Fast as lightning, something seizes Benn by the throat, hauling him upward and backward. Benn's crossbow fires; the bolt ricochets off a rock. Hot, metallic-tinged breath washes over Benn's neck and face from behind. Benn's feet are off the ground. The gigantic claw-hand on Benn's throat is choking him with terrible strength.

The light is poor. Rain continues to fall.
Baelmus is howling.

A raspy, bestial voice whispers into Benn's ear.

''You killed our father. Now we kill you, human. We slow-kill you.''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Franz advances slowly into the darkness. Turning back to the others, he says "Herr Dorgio, kannen you make mein sword harm dese wolf beasts? It vould be in our advantage to do so, mein freund."
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"I guess we have to get back over to the others then . So I will jump back across with a rope and tie it off so you can use it if you don't make the jump this time . " Saying this to Wat . Then proceeds to jump back to the other side of the river with the rope then ties it off to something heavy .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Wat, holding the free end of the rope, jumps across the five-foot wide stream.

Jon, meanwhile, is fishing about the edge of the stream with one hand, laying flat on his belly. He snatches something from a tangle of roots that protrude from the muddy bank into the flood- a long wooden pole.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Bennedict's eyes widen in panic, but he swallows it down. "You may kill me, but my companions will hunt you down and end you. Your time in this forest is over."

With that, his eyes roll up into his head and he begins to start chanting the deep toned invocation to the gods of the Eternal Order, channeling fear into the enemy grasping his throat.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Dorgio, looking back towards Jon, says, "What are you doing back there? We need to be moving."
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

''I am moving.''

Jon sprints across the short gap between the edge of the water and the nearest tall rock in the maze. At the last possible second, he plants one end of his ten foot pole in the ground and vaults atop the rock.

Jon whips his head around, seems to home in on something, and he hurls the pole like a javelin.

Out of the corner of his eye, Benn sees movement atop a nearby stone pillar. Something hurtles through the air and smashes into the wolf-demon - probably in the face. The turnskin instantly drops Benn to the ground.

''Raaaarrrr!''

The wolf-man scrambles to regain its balance on its rocky perch, and then turns to face this new threat.

Jon , atop his rock, waits for the monster, crouching with his raven-hilted silver dagger in his right hand.

Just a soft whisper, scarcely audible above the noise of rainfall-

''Night-thing. Come on, come to me.''

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Karim draws his left scimitar and the silver short sword and follows the others. When sees Jon runs towards the rock and jump with the help of the pole arm says:

"This guy is strange but seems at the same time rather effective!"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

among the rocks-

As Galandel gets to his feet and readies a knife, another hulking man-wolf emerges from hiding. The turnskin snarls a challenge and prepares to rush the elf...

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

"HELP!" Bennedict screams, his voice climbing into a distinctly unmanly octave. "WE ARE OVER HERE! WE NEED HELP!"

Seeing Galandel in danger and assuming (perhaps wrongly) that Jon can handle himself, he turns and summons the Spear of the Morninglord next to the newcoming skinchanger, directing it to strike!
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"Come Wat lets help are companions . The wolves are attacking them . I suggest that you use my crossbow with the silver bolts to hit them form a distance to prevent them from counter-attacking ."Suiting action to words he goes to help the rest of the party .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Amidst it all, Dorgio can't help but laugh when he sees Jon vault over the rocks.
Franz wrote:Franz advances slowly into the darkness. Turning back to the others, he says "Herr Dorgio, kannen you make mein sword harm dese wolf beasts? It vould be in our advantage to do so, mein freund."

"With pleasure." He chants a prayer of battle over Franz's sword. Then he readies his cold iron spear, and continues advancing.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Franz takes in the situation with a practiced eye. Galandel is in a worst position in his opinion. As soon as the spell is complete he rushes the Wolf thing from behind if possible, trying to flank it with the elf.

Am doing a Power Attack of +4 for my damage.
Attack Roll:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2449177/
19+8=21 Had wrong plus cause I thought I could add 10 to my dmg.

Confirm critical:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2449180/
18+8=26
Had wrong plus cause I thought I could add 10 to my dmg.

Damage:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2449187/
5+11=16x2=32. I had the wrong +, sorry about that.