Page 181 of 277
Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:30 pm
by steveflam
As for metagaming, well I have had to catch myself a few times as Franz or other new pcs in other games, like Rafael's for instance, to not let my dead pc's knowledge mix with my pc's knowledge!
Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:18 pm
by ewancummins
We've had two PC deaths. Let's review:
Cirdan: killed by the party, after attacking another PC- without first convincing the others to support him. That was a big gamble. It didn't work out for Cirdan. You guys determined that, more than the dice.
Norzak: Killed by a random encounter, after a series of very risky decisions- made with a good understanding of just how risky it all was- put him in a precarious position: alone, lost, and unarmed.
Seems to me that neither player has any cause to complain. Neither has complained - to me.
In my games, PCs do not live charmed lives, shielded from the consequences of their actions or the risks of adventuring. I don't fudge to save PCs- ( or NPCs).
Bargle the Infamous had a little gem of wisdom:
''We all take our risks, here in the dungeon.''
Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:24 pm
by steveflam
Is that taken from the book "Another Day Another Dungeon", ewan?
Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:26 pm
by ewancummins
tarlyn wrote:
I would have to say treasure is that dress we found. Also Cirdan had some stored somewhere! And yes my pc did die, but that happens sometimes. This is only a game after all.

No knead to get upset about this or that thing! Ask ewan, I didn't bitch at all when me dwarfie died *sniff*
Damn straight, Tarlyn. That's the attitude I like to see!
Remember, you have several old manuscripts. Treasure isn't always coins and gems, or magic items. The books are treasure. Benn may make an appraise roll to guess at their value to a collector.
(rolling dice)
Oh, and a wee reminder-
Benn does have a few of Cirdan's things: the charm made by Evie and the knight's old belt pouch.
Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:28 pm
by steveflam
And doesn't he have that dress that is magical too?
Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:31 pm
by ewancummins
tarlyn wrote:Is that taken from the book "Another Day Another Dungeon", ewan?
WARNING SPOILER FOR RED BOX INTRO GAME:
Ha, no. Remember the Red Box, with the Larry Elmore cover of the warrior fighting a red dragon? Mentzer edition, not Moldvay. Well, there was an intro adventure with this hot cleric lady- also drawn by Elmore. At one point in the adventure, it's possible that your PC is
charmed by the evil wizard Bargle and Aleena the Cleric is killed by ghouls. Bargle will then deliver that classic line, telling your dude not to worry about the dead girl or reclaiming her body- just grab the treasure and come along with me, meatshield.
Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:34 pm
by ewancummins
tarlyn wrote:And doesn't he have that dress that is magical too?
Yep, it is magic. That's right.
Som, you see, there is treasure, but it isn't always dead obvious. Sometimes you claim a chest full of coins, like that taken from Greasy Louis. Sometimes it's less flashy, but
just maybe more valuable.
Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:15 pm
by JMaytr
KILL BARGLE!!
Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:18 pm
by ewancummins
JMaytr wrote:KILL BARGLE!!
JMatyr still carries a torch for the lovely Aleena.
Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:29 pm
by steveflam
ewancummins wrote:JMaytr wrote:KILL BARGLE!!
JMatyr still carries a torch for the lovely Aleena.
I am presuming that you guys played the red box together?
Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:02 pm
by VAN
Question about the past: which PC attacked Cirdan and why? Don't worry this info is only for me, I'm just curious.
Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:07 pm
by steveflam
VAN wrote:Question about the past: which PC attacked Cirdan and why? Don't worry this info is only for me, I'm just curious.
That is a weird story.... but basically every pc attacked Cirdan except for Benn. At that time I had a pc dwarf named Norzak who is now dead. I think it is because we most all thought Cirdan went evil. Um, of course Norzak was evil too, but that is another story for another day LOL!
The guys can correct me if I am wrong about what happened, heh!
Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:26 pm
by VAN
I remember Norzak.
What Cirdan did and you guys attacked him?
Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:55 pm
by steveflam
Yep
P.S Franz replied to Karim heh!
Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:06 pm
by ewancummins
VAN wrote:I remember Norzak.
What Cirdan did and you guys attacked him?
It's a complicated story, Van. Each participant has his own perspective on the battle, and we should probably not bother rehashing it here in OOC. I mentioned it because it's one of just two PC deaths ( not counting a PC whose player was too lazy to post, thus becoming an NPC

)in the game thus far. You can read the last several pages of Chapter Five, if you want to know more. If you do read it, please remember not to use player knowledge!
Now, back to current events:
I will wait until you guys are ready for a scene shift. Let me know what the party plans on doing. Camping here all day? Moving to the next camp? Something else?