Page 183 of 277

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:38 am
by Adam
I know it's a stupid question before I ask, but does anybody have diplomacy to try and cool these dudes off? Or even entertain to sing them a little song or something? It would be nice to improve their attitude a bit.

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:49 am
by Lord Skybolt
No I don't think that's a stupid question at all and I think Jonathan has that skill at a pretty good mod. too . So maybe you could suggest it to J Mayter .

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:04 am
by JMaytr
are they mad at us?

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:45 am
by Lord Skybolt
He is just pointing out that they are a little nervous because of the non-humans and one of them having a wolf as a "pet" as it were .

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:03 am
by VAN
And also the dwarf has red eyes doesn't help...

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:24 am
by ewancummins
VAN wrote:And also the dwarf has red eyes doesn't help...
Right.

Outsider rating.

Now, I have shifted the scene forward. The hunt is on!

I need to know if Karim or Franz took either a silver dagger or a silver shortsword. Alain offered, via Wat.
I also need to know if anyone of the party took Al;ain up on the offer of 5 silver bolts.

If Jonathon wants to use diplomacy, we may assume that he had time to chat up the loggers before you left camp- they took a short break to eat and rest. Roll if you wanted to do that, otherwise move on.


I need listen, search, and spot checks from each and every PC.

If your PC is remaining behind in camp ( no NPCs remain there). Let me know.


If you are taking the dwarf's mule, let me know. BTW, the mule is uneasy around Baelmus, to the point of freaking out without a Handle Animal check, DC 17 from someone. The dog doesn't bother the mule in the least, nor is Franz' pooch scared of the wolf.

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:52 pm
by steveflam
Take care of that for me, ewan? I have a gig tonight at 9 so am pretty much incomunnicado until around 3 a.m Friday :P

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:43 pm
by Brock Marsh Runoff
Dorgio already has a silvered dagger and silvered bolts, so he won't need any of Alain's weapons.


As for the rolls...

Listen: 15

Spot: 18

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2380197/



Search: 4

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2380198/

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:11 pm
by VAN
Karim can get the sword if is ok with the others.

Spot 14

Listen 7

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:25 am
by RocEter
Listen 1d20+8=10

Spot 1d20+8=20

Search 1d20+6=19


Um if no one else has handle animal Galandel will attempt the Handle Animal check.

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:33 am
by steveflam
Just got back from my gig. Burnt out and a lil boozed up! Roll em for me, ewan and Franz will use his own weapons, ignoring the silver ones.

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:56 am
by Lord Skybolt
Here is a Listen check for Alain as that is the only one he can do right now .
23 Listen .

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:22 am
by Le Noir Faineant
One thing I would ask the group about their opinion as seasoned D&D players: Can paladins curse?

- Dofur is a dwarf, so I kinda expected him to have a colourful language, but thinking about it again... I have to recognize that, for the first time in a while, I encounter a D&D-related problem I can't solve myself. :)

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:45 pm
by Brock Marsh Runoff
My personal take is that would be fine for a Paladin to curse if that's the cultural norm for the paladin's society. Given the stereotypic representation of dwarven society, I'd think it would be fine for him to curse.


Edit: Come to think of it, being able to curse well might even be considered a virtue in dwarven society!

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:50 pm
by steveflam
Thinking about it I would have liked to see how Norzak and Raf's pc would have interacted! :lol: