Page 190 of 277
Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:38 am
by Brock Marsh Runoff
VAN wrote:They might be wolf-were and not werewoves actually.
Does any of you have cold iron weapons? And does anybody know that cold irons hits wolf-were?
Note to self: next level add nature!
Dorgio's got a cold iron spear. We haven't tried it out on the wolfweres (or whatever they are) yet, but it's worth a shot.
Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:00 pm
by steveflam
ewan, do any of us inside the cabin hear what is going on outside at all?
Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:26 pm
by ewancummins
tarlyn wrote:ewan, do any of us inside the cabin hear what is going on outside at all?
That growling isn't loud at all, and it's not close to the cabin. The elf can hear it because his ears are very sensitive and it's
so close to him.
Now, let's say, if the elf screams bloody murder when hellish monsters leap out of the darkness and rend him limb from limb- you all will hear
that, for sure.
Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:53 pm
by Adam
Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:VAN wrote:They might be wolf-were and not werewoves actually.
Does any of you have cold iron weapons? And does anybody know that cold irons hits wolf-were?
Note to self: next level add nature!
Dorgio's got a cold iron spear. We haven't tried it out on the wolfweres (or whatever they are) yet, but it's worth a shot.
Part of why we're stuck right now is that I fluffed Benn's roll to identify them. Wolfwere's were my first suspicion OOC, but IC we're just stuck.Thankfully, to my knowledge you're at least not all infected by lycanthropy if they're wolfweres.
Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:08 pm
by ewancummins
Those inside the cabin may attempt a Listen roll, DC 18 . It's a little harder to hear thrashing/running from the woods beyond the clearing, as y'all are inside a building, having a conversation. It's not as if the elf is screaming.
DC 12 to hear and understand Higgen, who is on the front porch.
Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:22 pm
by steveflam
Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:07 pm
by Lord Skybolt
Listen roll for Alain is 16 .
Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:23 pm
by ewancummins
Lord Skybolt wrote:Listen roll for Alain is 16 .
Right, I've updated for you.
Everyone else may act as they like.
RocEtr, I've PMed you.
I'll check a little later tonight, and update if appropriate.
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:43 am
by Lord Skybolt
Alain would throw the pebble to spot with in at least 100 ft so as to be withing range of most of his Medium and better ranged spells .
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:45 am
by ewancummins
Lord Skybolt wrote:Alain would throw the pebble to spot with in at least 100 ft so as to be withing range of most of his Medium and better ranged spells .
Ah, I'll edit, then.
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:09 am
by Lord Skybolt
Gamer adage Don't Split the party .
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:10 am
by ewancummins
Off to bed. Will check tomorrow- update/not as appropriate.
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:57 pm
by VAN
I will not roll listen check since I posted late lol.
Spot check to see Gallandel: 6...Guess Karim needs to wait someone else to tell him where to go!
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:22 pm
by ewancummins
VAN wrote:I will not roll listen check since I posted late lol.
Spot check to see Gallandel: 6...Guess Karim needs to wait someone else to tell him where to go!
Don't worry- Dofur goes with you- he spots the elf.
No obvious sign of any danger.
My
working assumption is that all party members will return to the cabin/remain in the cabin if no obvious signs of monsters/enemies are found in a quick sweep. If this is incorrect, and one or more party members would like to enter the forest for a more comprehensive and lengthy search, please inform me. Oh, and if you split up to cover more ground, let me know about that, too.I can edit to suit your stated actions.
If y'all are cool with the assumption, then we may move on with the current scene.
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:44 pm
by Brock Marsh Runoff
This is off topic, but I just finished a book some of you might be interested in. It's called "Gates of Fire," about Thermopylae. It's much less jingoistic than something like 300, and does a pretty good job of showing the ugly side of Sparta while being at least somewhat sympahetic to some of the Persian characters. Also, I know a lot of you are George R. R. Martin fans, and I get the sense that this book influenced A Song of Ice and Fire. One of the Greeks even uses a phrase that's very similar to a catchphrase of one of The Bloody Mummers.