Gothic Earth: Now

Online roleplaying at the Café
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

OK since I don't know the differences between Voodoo, Wicca etc. I'll have my very personal type of magic that probably isn't neither of those two.
Drinnik, I have my background written but I forgot the disk in the other Computer, so I'll bring it and send it to you tomorrow. I have a few more questions about magic, but I'll pm them to you.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Mmm, when will we come together as a party?
Should we go on with our individual stories or we should wait?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
Shadowsworn
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Shadowsworn »

I think we're waiting for Wiccy to post.
"Death is the great equalizer"

Proof that the Grim Reaper is a communist.
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

I'm not to stable with posting (a little erratic still at present) so go on without me, I'll join in when things are more stable offline ;)
Swallow your soul!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Drinnik:
Can my character have this:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/10480720/
(Special thanks to Gematsula)

Assume that Antony found it after successfuly defeating a vampire in Sicily a year ago. The rest of the guild let him study the item (a process that took him about 8-10 months) and after he told them what it can do, they let him keep it as a gift for his initiation in the Cabal of the "Star of Hope"

The necklace (after the activation) gives the wearer one hour of supernaturaly accute hearing and vision (+4 spot/listen) at the cost of some of his lifeforce (2 hp damage). It can be used twice a weak.
I haven't thought of the history of the item, but if you agree that my character can have it, I will do it (or let you do it)
My DMGuild work!
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

Ok, tie it to Ilsensine rather than Cthulhu though.
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Are you joking or are you serious?
Does Ilsensine exist in G.E? Because if he does, then I'll :wink:
My DMGuild work!
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

alhoon wrote:Are you joking or are you serious?
Does Ilsensine exist in G.E? Because if he does, then I'll :wink:
Ilsensene doesn't, but mindflayers do. It isn't beyond the realms of possibility that an illithid that existed in ancient times brought the item with it from beyond, but was killed and lost the amulet. People might credit it with being something to do with Cthulhu, but no-one would know the truth unless told by a creature that would know. It's most likely, however that your character would associate it with Posiden or another aquatic god.
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Just a note, as characters from Victorian fiction exist in Masque, it's not a stretch of the imagination that some modern-day fictional characters might exist in GE: Now.

If you want to use someone like Hannibal Lecter, Sadako/Samara, the kid from the 6th Sense, or even Lara Croft you can, but you have to ask me first.

People you CAN'T use are Buffy & Co, Angel & Co, the Stargate/ Stargate Atlantis crew, the Charmed girls, Freddy, Jason, Micheal Myers, Chucky or similar.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Freddy and Jason do not exist? I was sure they would be hanging around. Sincerely.
The ghost from the ring is there?

OK about the amulet of Poseidon as my character calls it. Since it is Illsensine and Not Cthulu the deal is this:

It doesn't do HP damage, but forms a link from the user directly to Illsensine (or an evil knowledge-hungry powerful entity). This gives the user the supernatural hearing/listening, and to Illsensine (or the entity) access to the person's memories and knowledge.
So while the user doesn't now, he unwillingly feeds an evil god (or outsider) of knowledge with his memories.
The contact is a cause for a minor madness check (DC ? You arrange that. I propose around 7-10) as bad memories occur in a crash and minor contact with "something bad" happens.
Also the user of the item has a certain psionic aura that can be detected by mind flayers and other telepathic psionic creatures. Psionic telepathic creatures will receive a small mental "tint" within 60' (100' for mind flayers) of the user detectable by a wisdom check DC 15 (12 for mind flayers).

The amulet can be used more than twice per week, but to do this is a straight "Pull on Illsensine's tentacles". That means that the DC of the madness check is +5 and the use requires a Dark Powers check as Illsensine's attention is drawn to the user even more than normal.
A fourth use and any subsequent uses add a culmulative +2 DC to the madness check. That means that the 4th use in a single week has a +7 DC from the initial DC, a 5th use in the same week a +9 DC etc.
A mind flayer is of course partially immune to this, getting a +4 to the saves.

The use of the power is also mildly addictive as colors seem brighter, sounds seem more sweet, and when the power fades the world seem a bit more damp and sullen. This is just a cosmetic effect. A strong willed hero (like my character) who knows that his sanity would be in danger, wouldn't be seriously tempted.

The forces of the enemy left it with a weak minion on purpose. A weak defender of the world (with a chance to become crazy from the item) would get it sooner or later. And the mind flayers would go after him, not the minions.

Do you agree? What is the DC of the madness check?
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

I like the idea to encounter a famous person of our age, it doesn't matter who will be. the important is to be known, a celebrity!
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Shadowsworn
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Shadowsworn »

So... is this dead already?
"Death is the great equalizer"

Proof that the Grim Reaper is a communist.
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

...maybe? Perhaps not. If it is I think I'll move onto a science fiction game. I like the ultra modern feel.

Lets see what happens.
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

It's not dead, but it's slipped in the priority levels. In about a week I'll be able to get back into it, but I've got a lot of collage work to do.
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Now that I am pretty much back online properly (or at least I managed to get online most, if not every day now) I will start thinking up my character properly for the game if there is still room ;)
Swallow your soul!