The Ravenloft World Poll!

Discussing all things Ravenloft

Where are you from?

The Americas (USA, Canada, Brazil, etc.)
62%
Europe-Africa (Wales, Estonia, Norway, etc.)
33%
Asia-Pacific (Singapore, Philippines, Australia, etc.)
5%

Total votes: 133

Post by Guest »

LocdOut wrote:St. Catherine St the street I have been to both times I went to Canada, Montreal...lol Whatchu know about it?
Super Sex...a ton 'o mush (thanks to the Freezer crew/ Zombie Zoo at McGill!), beers on the tick (Mrs. C, whassup?), fatties w/ all the Jazz Cats (YEAH!), the drum jam (Mount Royal, but still), the "No skags after 2100" curfew...8)

I'm now in Calgary, but I'm Montreal-been ("Shamu" RIP).

:twisted:
Azalin Rex
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Azalin Rex »

Castle Avernus, Darkon

I didn't found Darkon in pool so i dont vote...
A child forever carried by his father never learns to walk, my little servant. Competence cannot be bequeathed.
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Azalin Rex wrote:I didn't found Darkon in pool so i dont vote...
They're looking for the location of the "man behind the mask". As in where you live when you're not pretending to be Azalin. ;)
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
LicheHazel
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by LicheHazel »

Well For those that Don't Know the Other side of my Persona (Not the LicheHazel) if From Burnley in the UK I am not sure I like being lumped in with the rest of the other places in our zone... But enough there :)

However I am Currently in plotting to take a new domain, I think Keening would realy like me to be there Domain Lord, I propose a Referendum on the subject, Of course I crit'd that control mind roll ;)

Martin
AKA LicheHazel
[url=http://www.ravenloft.co.uk/][img]http://www.ravenloft.me.uk/images/lich_T.jpg[/img][/url]
To question all is to Doubt nothing.
Azalin Rex
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Azalin Rex »

Tadelin wrote:
Azalin Rex wrote:I didn't found Darkon in pool so i dont vote...
They're looking for the location of the "man behind the mask". As in where you live when you're not pretending to be Azalin. ;)
Hehe Just a joke

Im live in Russia, Sanct Peterburg.
A child forever carried by his father never learns to walk, my little servant. Competence cannot be bequeathed.
The Arcanist
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by The Arcanist »

Im from Guadalajara, Mexico! I know there must be other Ravenloft DM's around here... yet outside of my group know none others...
Last edited by The Arcanist on Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Tadelin wrote:They're looking for the location of the "man behind the mask". As in where you live when you're not pretending to be Azalin. ;)
No giving the other posters a identity crisis, we have enough trouble trying to remember who we are in fantasy, let alone reality.

Besides, it is Dru's job to drive people insane and she's done a good job on is :D

Is odd though, Dru has been very quiet of late, makes me worry about what she and Abby are planning down in that cellar :cry:
Swallow your soul!
Reginald de Curry
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Reginald de Curry »

Reginald de Curry wrote:Fun fact: the Arch becomes a portal to the netherworld every thirteen days at midnight.
That's funny. This time it opened onto the Netherlands. Must be a glitch in the system.
Pinky! Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

I think so, Brain, but didn't we give up ritual murder for Lent?
Trebor Minntt
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Trebor Minntt »

I, much like Drinnik, come from a place in Britain, called Wallasey, just south of Liverpool, about 100 miles North of Wiccy. Though I know live in Bournemouth, a sleepy town of the Dorset coast (South UK), where I study and practice archaeology.
tec-goblin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by tec-goblin »

Heh, here in Greek there are Ravenloft fans. The average player needs usually a lot to get used to the gothic and dark concept, but after a while, almost everyone appreciates Ravenloft and uses some of its elements in his game. (I have many hard-headed "I hate Ravenloft" paradigms who finally liked it).
The books, Tarokka decks etc are quickly sold, but the main White Wolf distributor gives weight to Scarred Lands instead of Ravenloft and Ravenloft is promoted mostly by fans (I have written - or exactly, I had persuaded the distributor to let me write - all the Ravenloft reviews soon to be published in www.fantasyshop.gr).
BEAUTIFUL IS!
CHAOS
too DIM MJLTIVERSE
IS TO NOTICE
MOST THE OF.
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Tec-goblin, Ravenloft always seems to be largely promoted by the fans, we supply alot of free advertising for the setting we love. Other settings and systems ge tthe same promotion from the fans, but they also tend to be advertised more in general. Ravenloft needs more professional promotion ifyou ask me. Then again, fans know what they are on about and can explain things alot better than some advertising can ;) BTW, congrats on getting the review stuff your way, you can taint and twist the minds of untold thousands, may the Dark Powers go easy on you.

Hey Trebor, good to see you again.
Swallow your soul!
tec-goblin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by tec-goblin »

Wiccy of the Fraternity wrote:Tec-goblin, Ravenloft always seems to be largely promoted by the fans, we supply alot of free advertising for the setting we love. Other settings and systems ge tthe same promotion from the fans, but they also tend to be advertised more in general. Ravenloft needs more professional promotion ifyou ask me. Then again, fans know what they are on about and can explain things alot better than some advertising can ;) BTW, congrats on getting the review stuff your way, you can taint and twist the minds of untold thousands, may the Dark Powers go easy on you.

Hey Trebor, good to see you again.
Yes, it's the same story: my favorite games have to be promoted by fans (Swashbuckling/7th Sea/Ravenloft).
In general, it's the story of my life: the music I listen to, my favorite card game (7th Sea CCG) and my favorite RPGs aren't promoted well.
BEAUTIFUL IS!
CHAOS
too DIM MJLTIVERSE
IS TO NOTICE
MOST THE OF.
brothersale
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brothersale »

Me, i'm in england, unfortunately my players don't like ravenloft (damm high fantasy junkies), but i have managed to get them hooked on MORD provided i don't run it too often.
All great movements require a few martyrs... -Moebius (soulreaver 2)
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

tec-goblin wrote:Yes, it's the same story: my favorite games have to be promoted by fans (Swashbuckling/7th Sea/Ravenloft).
In general, it's the story of my life: the music I listen to, my favorite card game (7th Sea CCG) and my favorite RPGs aren't promoted well.
Yep, I remember having to promote a few things in the past, the hardest one to promote was a comix called You Stink and I Don;t for a friend at the time in Australia. He wanted to get some international sales and I helped him out, but it wasn't to successful. Aussie humour is very odd, though I do manage to understand it and find it funny.

Promoting Ravenloft is never to easy though, when I got my first group to DM here I had a hard time convincing them that a gothic horror setting wit helements of fantasy is not that terrible. It got easier when they started to play Vampire and Werewolf (I didn't play many times, hated the d10 system and hated the live play even more) and convinced them that it was closer to a medieval/renaissance equivalent. I did start it that way for them, then brought what was more of a pure Ravenloft into it, they never noticed the change until they noticed it was utterly different from how they started. I just told them they had got better at it. They enjoyed it, kept up their Vampire and Werewolf and FR games (always hated FR to, not my cup of tea at all, hey I'm not a high fantasy person :P).

My second group was harder to convince until we joined another group every 2 weeks that lived some 50 miles away (we car pooled our way each time) and the campaign there happenedto be Ravenloft. The other guys had no idea but I did, they then asked me to run a game of it for them and replied asmoething similar to the words "I have been trying to for nearly 6 months now but you guys wouldn't have it!"
Swallow your soul!
Sunstar
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Sunstar »

Another Greek here!
Don't let my location bar full you! Athens salutes you!

Apart from my group of 5, I know about 6 more persons that play RV.

Thankfully, in my local RPG store I can still find 2e products, so I'm always full of amunition if my mind gets stale :wink:

I believe with me we are about 6 from Greece in this forum - 6% of the members! :D

Greetings,
Jander Sunstar
...don't you cry for me, for your tears of blood will blind your eyes...