Mists over the Musarde: Chapter 9

Online roleplaying at the Café
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Alain opens the Jar to see what's in it . Who knows what may be relevant to the case . He take's the other stuff to see if they have a bearing on the case . He brings the stuff down to talk to Lt. and the Clockmaker about what may be different or unusual about the gear he has found .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

CLOCKMAKER'S SHOP

Lord Skybolt wrote:Alain opens the Jar to see what's in it . Who knows what may be relevant to the case . He take's the other stuff to see if they having bearing on the case . He brings the stuff down to talk to Lt. and the Clockmaker about what may be different or unusual about the gear he has found .
Inside the jar are some coins: Fourteen copper farthings, six silver shillings, and a single gold sovereign.

Going down the stairs, Alain finds the others having supper at the cleared-off work table. The old artisan serves rolls, white cheese, and summer sausages to his guests. The portions are small and there aren't enough knives to go around. The wine bottle on the table emits a pleasant fruity aroma.

Guppio half rises as Alain comes down the stairs.

''Join us, please. Signore Marco was just telling us about Verona. ''

Guppio takes note of the objects Alain is carrying.

''What are those things, Alain?''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"I found these in Verona's room . What I find of the most interest is what is in the Jar ." Alain pours the contents of the jar on to the table for all to see .
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Lord Skybolt wrote:"I found these in Verona's room . What I find of the most interest is what is in the Jar ." Alain pours the contents of the jar on to the table for all to see .
Marco the clock-maker says-

'Oh, yes, she was saving money. Captain Kruger, her gentleman friend, he bought all her necessities- but she made money on the side by mending clothing for people. She was a pretty good seamstress. "

He sighs.

''Poor girl will never open her own shop now....what a shame."
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"She must have been saving for a while then too have already saved at least a sovereign . " Holding up the Gold coin for all to see .
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Lord Skybolt wrote:"She must have been saving for a while then too have already saved at least a sovereign . " Holding up the Gold coin for all to see .
Several of the men at the table look surprised.

Marco says-

"Hmmmm, yes, a big coin. I wonder if she had it changed from smaller coins...or....Hmmmm..... Now that I think of it, when I saw her last she mentioned that she had earned a little more than usual from her side-activities, and that she was going to treat me to dinner at the ordinary next Sunday. She seemed very happy."

Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"Could you tell us what kind of side activities she had . I don't know if this will have any bearing on the case, but you never kwow . So it is always good to be through . So possible clues can come from all kinds of places ."Alain asks of the Clock maker .
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

CLOCKMAKER'S SHOP

Lord Skybolt wrote:"Could you tell us what kind of side activities she had . I don't know if this will have any bearing on the case, but you never kwow . So it is always good to be through . So possible clues can come from all kinds of places ."

The old man, Marco, answers-

" She mended clothing, as I said. She used to walk the streets- but not since making friends with that Falkovnian officer. He was always coming by to see her, bringing her little presents. I never let her bring male visitors to the loft, but of course it's different with a gentleman like Captain Kruger. They were fond of each other, I think. Made a lot of noise up there.''

Marco's lined face is beginning to get red from his wine, and LT Guppio is quick to refill the old man's cup whenever it is empty.

Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"Well I think we should wait fro my companion to come down from her room to see if he found any thing else up there that may shed light on the case . " Alain says as he pours himself cup of the wine .
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

the clock-maker's shop, ground floor

LT Guppio raises a cup, a half-smile on his face-

"Right, that's good thinking, Alain. Now have some wine. We drink for the dead. May their souls rest in peace."

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

John takes out his paper and notes his thoughts about the noise. He nods to the guard Hans. At first he thought the bed was for a child. At the sight of the sorry looking gnome, he frowns, eyes narrowing. Seeing as he is alone and unarmed, he says nothing. He is sure, however that the gnome would be most helpful if treated with respect,

Turning to Hans, he says in an authoritive voice "Bring some food and water to this man now. He will answer some of my questions. Did anyone question him or they thought him beneath even that?" John sighs.

He looks around the room trying to see if from this room a person could have easy access to the rest of the building without being seen or heard for that matter. Once Hans goes to get food, he walks towards the gnome.

Looking at the gnome, he smiles. "I won't hurt you. I only wish to ask you a few questions, okay? Let's start with your name. Mine is John, John Strange. I can see how well you are treated here. Now, were you the only one in here this evening? Come, let us get you to sit on your bed."

He gently lays a hand on the gnome's shoulder, and guides him to the small bed.
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

"Well, one of those things is out of the ordinary. Come, John, let's go see...John?"

He looks around, confused as to where the stranger had wandered off to.

"Nevermind. Come, I'll go check on Karim."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The control-room

Hans goes off to fetch food and water after telling John that, no, no one bothered questioning the gnome.

Looking around the control room, John can see two doors, and a number of vents big enough for a cat to enter(a bit to tight for the gnome, you'd guess). The room is centrally located.

The gnome plops down on his rickety little bed.

"My name is Aurelius. I'm hardly ever alone- they watch me now, since I tried to run away. "

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Commander's House, front hall
Adam wrote:"Well, one of those things is out of the ordinary. Come, John, let's go see...John?"

He looks around, confused as to where the stranger had wandered off to.

"Nevermind. Come, I'll go check on Karim."
Benn finds Karim in the foyer, having just entered with two Falkovnian guards...one of whom carries the limp body of a young woman in a bloody dress!

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"I can't say I much agree with how they treat you Aurelius. Are you aware that there is a killer on the loose? The Midnight Caller they call him. He just killed Captain Kruger and stole two of his uniforms.

When I was in the dead room, I could have sworn it was colder than normal, like a deathly chill and I could have sworn I heard a knife being sharpened. This happened just after the lights went suddenly out and the door closed us in darkness. I got this cut somehow, never felt how, either."

John now looks at the cut closely while he listens to what Aurelius has to say.