Mists over the Musarde OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 3742
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:24 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Post by Adam »

I'm dropping Franz to prone so that hopefully he doesn't get anymore holes shot in him and casting Cure Moderate Wounds.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2505364/

17 hps back.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Important question: Is Franz Lamordian or Falkvonian?!
He's Falkovnian- but maybe Dofur won't recognize the difference in dialects/accents?
EDIT- LOL, just got it! Hahaha!
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden
Posts: 6649
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:53 am
Location: Italy // Greece

Post by VAN »

Spot 19, listen 16
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:Spot 19, listen 16
Noted.

I've made a minor edit to my most recent post.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Okay, I'm back in commission--Looks like I missed some fun.


PS, why do I half-expect one of these guys to be named Miklos?
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2368
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:11 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Portland,OR

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Alain is not going to stand up and be a target or the spokesmen for the party right now . As such he will keep doing what he has been doing so to get closer to the "bandits" whatever the out come of the Parley is .
New spot check of 29 and Listen check of 27 .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
User avatar
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Posts: 4576
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:25 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Saint Grimmin’s-in-the-Wold

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

ewancummins wrote:
Important question: Is Franz Lamordian or Falkvonian?!
He's Falkovnian- but maybe Dofur won't recognize the difference in dialects/accents?
EDIT- LOL, just got it! Hahaha!

:wink:


Also, apologies. This should go in the OOC thread!
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Just curious, all this is taking place on October 31st, right? Is there any significance to that date in the Demiplane?
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Just curious, all this is taking place on October 31st, right? Is there any significance to that date in the Demiplane?
Yes, OCT 31st.

I assume that Samhain/ All-Hallows-Eve, etc is observed by various cultures under various names.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Okay, what is the rest of the party doing?

Still going with the original plan of going on to the riverport, after linking up with Wat and his folk - out of town?

Something else?
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

I need a little time to go over the chapter again. I just want to check the chronology and see if there are gaps in anybody's story before I make a decision. I'll probably have that done by sometime tonight.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:I need a little time to go over the chapter again. I just want to check the chronology and see if there are gaps in anybody's story before I make a decision. I'll probably have that done by sometime tonight.
That makes sense to me.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Okay, here's the summary of what we've done so far...

DAY 1

-Enter the city. Meet Tileara. Munchen healed. Franz challenges guards.

-That night--Franz meets weird guy. Weird guy wears leather mask. Tileara mentions a task, looked troubled a moment before. Referred to the task as "something that would profit not only myself..." Franz knocks the guard out in a duel. Disturbance in the barn w/The Wood refugees (possibly pennangalan?).


DAY 2

Jon leaves. Franz visits Tileara that afternoon, gets knocked out by The Mule. Franz and Rufus arrested and then bailed out. Tileara mentions she was "fetching the payment." So she had enough money to pay, but it's unclear where she got the money. Alain leaves magic(?) robe with Tileara. Attack on Henryk/Albin. Franz leaves for Hroth.

So Henryk claims the chest was stolen the night before (ie, night of Day 1). So does anybody know any reason why Tileara couldn't have stolen the gold last night?


-I missed this when I was going through, but was Marius the second at the dual/the guy who showed up with the Mule to Tileara's?



As for what to do, it sounds to me like Tileara did double cross us, but maybe we should get some more information out of these guys before we leave. Does anybody want to help them out besides Franz, or does everybody want to make for the river instead?





((Note: Based on what Henryk said, it sounds like Azrael and not Soth is the DL here. I'd been wondering about that.))
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

-I missed this when I was going through, but was Marius the second at the dual/the guy who showed up with the Mule to Tileara's?
Marius is the Mule. Mule is a nickname. He was not present at Franz's duel with the rude guard from the town-gate. The unnamed elf soldier who came to Tileara's shop with Marius was present at the night-time duel.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2368
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:11 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Portland,OR

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Alain listens to this tale of possible betrayal with a raised eye .

Sense Motive Check of 20 .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
Post Reply