Re: Mists over the Musarde OOC

Post by steveflam »

Was he the Caliban we never had?
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

I think that guy was "LegallyTired" I think he stopped posting after y'all defenestrated your first thug.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:defenestrated
I think I have a crush on you, dude.
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

It's only natural to like a handsome doctor.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Oh hey, what was up with that Kortai guy who made one cryptic post in the Characters section and then never posted again?
An old gaming freind of mine (and Rob/JMaytr's).
He was going to join, but decided not to do so for various reasons. We are maxed out on group size, anyway.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

Im glad jimmy (Kortai) did not join. He only ever made evil bomb pc's and sounded like he was about to again.

Jon attacked Karim?
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

JMaytr wrote:Im glad jimmy (Kortai) did not join. He only ever made evil bomb pc's and sounded like he was about to again.

Jon attacked Karim?
Yes, while he was under DM control/ your 'net service was out.

Jon was in Karina and the party mistook him for the Midnight Slasher.
Karim caught Jon killing a whore after having relations with her. There was a hint about Jon's motivation for murder in something he said just before he killed the girl.

The true Slasher is still out there, of course...
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

JMaytr wrote:Im glad jimmy (Kortai) did not join. He only ever made evil bomb pc's and sounded like he was about to again.
Right. I was worried he'd disrupt play.

The 'bomb PC' is something I do NOT like. I allowed both you and Tralyn to have evil PCs because neither Norzak nor Jonathon were designed as antagonists to the party. Jon's murderous hobby/compulsion eventually did make him an enemy of the group, but not until fairly late in play. If they hadn't eventually caught on to him, he'd no doubt still be cheerfully adventuring with them.

A bomb PC, on the other hand, is set up in advance to 'blow up' the group or to get 'revenge' on another player by attacking his PC for no good in-game reason. Bomb characters are the worst kind of metagming. These days I am quick to disallow them, or to stand by and laugh when the rest of the group kills them and divides their stuff.

Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

VAN wrote:Thanks for the great game Ewan! It was awesome. I had great time even if I joined late. I loved playing Karim and all of you guys are great players.

As about questions, what was the true story of the elf cleric Franz fell for? Was she the bad one or no?
I'd like to know that, too.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Hmmm good question. Looking back I think maybe she was a baddie. ewan will of course tell us da news.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

But she may have also failed to pay some type of protection racket as well and paid the price.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:
VAN wrote:Thanks for the great game Ewan! It was awesome. I had great time even if I joined late. I loved playing Karim and all of you guys are great players.

As about questions, what was the true story of the elf cleric Franz fell for? Was she the bad one or no?

Yes, she was bad. She had begun her career as as healer with good intentions, but gradually become corrupted by greed. She began to sell poisons and dabble in black magic.

Her goal in sending your group after the bandits was to cover herself- because she'd ripped them off! She stole their treasure.

The Bloody Cobbler got her in the end, stealing her soles :twisted: and taking them to someone else who ought to be a true healer.

Franz's dog was evil too!

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

ewancummins wrote:
Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:

Yes, she was bad. She had begun her career as as healer with good intentions, but gradually become corrupted by greed. She began to sell poisons and dabble in black magic.

Her goal in sending your group after the bandits was to cover herself- because she'd ripped them off! She stole their treasure.

The Bloody Cobbler got her in the end, stealing her soles :twisted: and taking them to someone else who ought to be a true healer.

Franz's dog was evil too!
Say it ain't so! *Sniff - Mein Munchen vast evil??? Donnerweiter! You ist deiner evulz one, scweinhunde!!!" :P
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Munchen got sick because Jon poisoned him, BTW.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

ewancummins wrote:Munchen got sick because Jon poisoned him, BTW.
Ah, good ole Jon :P