Mists over the Musarde , Chapter Six

Online roleplaying at the Café
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Franz eyes the newcomer warily, gauging everyone elses reaction to him. He has seen dwarves before so this was nothing new to him. His speech was a bit difficult to understand but the Falkovnian thought that his last statement could be taken as he was in need of food?

"Pardon me, herr dwarf, mein name ist Franz, Franz Poehler. Am I to understand that you are in need of some food?" Franz repeats this statement in several languages Mordentish, Falkovnian, Sithican, Souragnian and Balok to see if the dwarf understands any of these languages.

As he is speaking he has removed a ration of dry meat as well as a waterskin from his belongings to hand over to Dofur.
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

Jonathan stares hard at the new comer and his conveniently named mount. He does not lower his sword, instead he looks more alert and ready to strike.

"Who is it you search for?"
Jonathan asks, talking a menacing step closer to the dwarf.
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

"I think he said Van Richten," Benn says, unwinding his crossbow, "Though I can hardly tell with that accent."

He tries not to look too bemused at Jon's obvious discomfort. "That's a bit of a strange coincidence, the mule being named the same as you, isn't it?"

"You'll excuse the reaction, Herr Dwarf," he addresses the newcomer, "We've had a great deal of trouble with enemies attacking us on the road. That plus the bizarre meteorological event that heralded your arrival made us a tad jumpy."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

Jonathan looks no less grim.

"How is it you are searching for Van Richten? Tell me!"
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

On finding out that their is a no apparent danger Alain goes back to eating from his Ration Bag .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Dofur doesn't seem at all intimidated by the angry boy, and grins back friendlily, as he takes his saddlebag from the mule and pulls out a large pepper sausage which he promptly put on one of the left-over plates and begins to cut into pieces.

"Knave, thou artst in neede for relaxation!"

And, offering the plate with the sausage to the group, he adds.

"I am I delychted to maken yowe akwaintanze! - I were a hunter of fiendes in Falkovnia. Fiendes, like I nevre hadde seene toforn! It are not mine will to scare yowe, but I sewe thynges of muchel affray, ther in Falkovnia!"

A very sad expression hushes over his face.

"Godde Van Richten's bookes I hath reede, and onsweres I hopeth to get from him."

"-Lychtes in the skye I ath not seen."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Wat gets up from his stump to sample a slice of sausage.

''Hmmm...this is good. It is hot-tasting.''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Galandel lowers his bow, but remains silent observer of the situation. He calmly pets his wolf.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

Jonathan sheaths his sword at the dwarf's explanation and walks away from the newcomer and his mount.

Walking over to Alain, Jonathan hands the blind man his sword.

"Here friend. When we find someone who can heal your sight, we can trade them their service for this blade."

Jonathan never takes his eyes off of the funny sounding dwarf.
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"Why is their something magical or special about this sword ?" Alain tapping the pummel with a knuckle . After touching it he picks it up to feel it's edge . Then after swinging it a few times seems to shudder then says to Wat in a whisperer to go get a bag for this and a lot of rope .
Last edited by Lord Skybolt on Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Dorgio's eyes widen when he sees Jon give away the sword. "It is quite puissant," he tells Alain. "And perhaps best left sheathed."

Then, turning to the dwarf, he says, "'Bleke House?' Where is the place? We are somewhere south of Mordent. Far south, I am thinking."
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

In another part of the forest, not too far away...

The ragged man stumbles, skinning his right knee on a thornbrush. Trampling the briar, he hauls himself back to his feet and continues to run.

He can hear his enemies behind him. He can hear them tearing through the undergrowth. They are so close now!

Gasping for air, hands outstretched to knock aside anything that might slow his flight, the desperate fugitive veers to his left and plunges down an overgrown defile. He loses his footing and goes tumbling down the slope, battered by rocks and clawed at by briars all the way to the water at the bottom-

SPLASH!

Cold water, flowing fast over his head...the man kicks hard, fearing drowning. He is suddenly on his feet- the stream is not deep.

The noises, again! So close now, so close.

He reaches for his mace, but it is no longer hanging from his belt. He is too tired to fight, anyway, too tired to run much further, either. He seeks a hiding-place.
Closing his eyes in prayer, he crouches in the bushes at the water-margin. His bloody lips whisper a prayer-

''Great Ezra, hear me and protect me, your humble cleric. I ask you to preserve my life, that I may continue to do your work here in this land. ''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Benn watches Alain closely, seeing if the weapon has the same effect on the blind man as it had on him.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Franz' interest definitely perks up at Dofur's mention of his homeland and the beasts he fought there. Turning to the dwarf he asks him. "Pardon me, Herr Dwarf, but you mentioned havink travelt through Falkovnia. Dot is ver I mein homeland, though as you can see I have since left dot hell hole unt its King unt his Talons." Franz spits out these last few words before continuing "I vas vondering vot types of beasts or monsters you haff encountered dere?"
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:Benn watches Alain closely, seeing if the weapon has the same effect on the blind man as it had on him.
Alain handles the weapon with no apparent distress or discomfort.