The Bridge to Nowhere

Online roleplaying at the Café
ash
Conspirator
Conspirator

Re: The Bridge to Nowhere

Post by ash »

Don't worry. I'm not like most people.

Voicing a few words himself, and moving his hand in a specific pattern, Fox brought up an invisible shield around himself, getting ready for a fight. He was turning back around to face the way he came from when one of the other people here yelled, drawing a greatsword, and shoved something into the air. He then began to glow with an unnatural light. The words he spoke after this little show, yelling them, of course, simply made Fox stare with a look on his face that had, "really?" written all over it.

Really? I take that back. He isn't like most people.

Finally, Fox turned back the way he came, and set the flat of his sword on his shoulder, ready to take a swing at anything that came near him. He would just let the giant tower of light that was a cleric do his little thing. He hoped everyone else was half normal... if he knew what normal was.
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

As the ghouls come from the trees they are slightly taken back by the number of morsels there are, and at this hesitation most of the group springs into action. Lin charges forward leading with her shield for protection and comes down with an overhead chop to one of ghouls slicing a good blow across the ghoul's chest cutting deep. It seems to falter for a moment from the blow but it leans in forward to come at her....

Dexter curses at Lin's hasty and reckless nature. He draws the dagger from his arm and longsword from his belt in a fluid motion coming forward as if he had practiced it all the days of his life. It looked natural coming from an arm's crossed position. He brings his longsword to bear lashing out but a moment too soon! Another curse under his breath as that ghoul closes the distance.

Angelo grabs his scythe closer to himself and closes his eyes seemingly in prayer as a wave of white blasts outwards from him. The ghouls seemed rebuttal for a moment, but only as much as a shove or a nudge would have hurt them. Angelo opens his eyes and upon seeing this frowns....
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
Metaflux
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Metaflux »

Seeing the undead froth out of the trees like disease ridden animals, Tammerin grinned with glee. "Let's see how you fair against my flames." Raising his solar symbol once more, the paladin chanted, "By the sun, BURN," in celestial, using the words as a catalyst for the energy he channeled.
To those who were listening, the celestial sounded like, "Pz yrel loc, PONC!"
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

The ghouls surge forward drool coming from their mouths along with their putrid breath at all the tasty meat in front of them! One comes up to Lin and attacks her just as the one she had swung at previously bursts into flames as a pile of ash. Lin is able to keep the ghoul from biting her as the lunge meats nothing the wood of her shield.

Dexter isn't so lucky however. He manages to move in time to avoid a nasty bite from the one he was engaging holding him back as he tried to maneuver a blade to pierce the ghoul. Suddenly pain from his shoulder as one of the other ghouls had come up and bite his shoulder. He shrugged them off forcing them away but not before the ghoul he had missed ripped a gash along his arm trying to hold onto him.

"Some help would sure be appreciated!" yells Dexter as he squares his stance glancing at his scratch for a moment he shrugs slightly to himself. It didn't look that bad, he thought.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Terik doesn't hessitate a single moment and fires a crossbow bolt at the ghoul attacking Dexter.

"Attack the same target, will be faster o beat them that way."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ash
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by ash »

A hint of a smile touched fox's lips as he let his left hand dance for a moment, as well as saying a few words under his breath. immediately after, his sword overflowed with lightning, the blue-white of it coursing around, into the ground, as well as into the man's arm, who didn't seem to notice it at all. He then broke for one of the ghouls attacking Dexter, who was being assaulted by two, and seemed to need some help... His cry for it made it so.

I got ya, bud.

His sword struck swift and hard in a powerful underhand strike. The powerfully enhanced blade all but literally blew the ghoul away. The man knew he had enough strength left for another magical strike, but by the look of things, he may not need it. Fox readied himself for another attack, going for whatever ghoul was closest.
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Lin weaves out of the way of her attacker and with a wide arcing swing cuts the ghoul’s head from shoulders slicing through the collar bone and spine. Seeing the beast wasn’t getting up she moved to close the distance with the last ghoul.

Dexter's looks over as the newcomer slashes blasting a ghoul backwards from the blow in a flash of lightning. ‘I’m glad he’s on our side,’ he thought as he defensively used his blades to deter the ghoul, but he couldn’t seem to find a good place to land a blow!

Angleo rushes forward with seemingly reckless abandon and with two hands slams his scythe across the ghoul’s chest, but the ghoul hardly seemed to feel it as another wave of energy hit it. Despite almost being torn apart by the two cleric’s assaults it lashed out one last time catching Dexter’s shoulder as he grunted from the pain but he manage to fend off the rest of the assault.
Terik’s missile of magic smashes into the head of the ghoul caving the head in and forcing the ghoul to fall backwards from the force of the blow.

Dexter looks around at the rest of the party shaking his head for a moment as he grabs his shoulder. “Let’s not do that again shall we? Where did those things come from?”

“I don’t know but their dead now,” said Lin examining the bodies. She held up necklace with the symbol of the Eternal Order upon it. “Perhaps we’ve found your friend.”

Angelo placed a hand on Dexter’s shoulder and it began to mend the muscles back together. “Thanks,” grunted Dexter rolling his shoulder when he was done. Angelo then moved towards the body of the ghoul and looked him over. He turned to Lin and shook his head.

Angelo started to gather rocks around the bodies solemnly and it wasn’t long before Dexter joined him in the act not wanting the Cleric to do it alone though where he was form respects were given in a different way.
Meanwhile Lin looked to the newcomer. “Those things were chasing you, why?”

ash
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by ash »

Fox was rather glad that the lightning coursing from his sword lasted long enough to vaporize the blood that was on it, so he didn't need to worry about cleaning it off. He just did a quick assessment of it, then stowed it away on his back. He turned to look at the group of people who helped him out with this fight. The one who was wounded by the ghouls, the same man who he saved, was being wounded by a cleric. The elf fighter held up something she pulled off one of the ghouls before turning to him, speaking a few words at the man.

Not sure, babe. Me and my former companions came across a caravan, which happened to be our friends here. When I knew the fight was lost, and most of my companions were dead, I booked it outta there. Thanks for the help, by the way. Name's Fox.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Terik goes to check the necklace then hands it to Tammerin in case he wants to look at it as well. Then gets closer to Fox and says:

"I don't know if you caught my name earlier but I'm Terik. And these are Lin, Dexter, Tammerin and Angelo. We came here from Darkon through a strange big door that comes out from nowhere few days ago. At which land were you when you came across the caravan? And the ghouls attacked you and your friends where? Maybe there are survivors."

Remembering that Fox casted arcane spells Terik adds:

"Oh, and as I saw you are an arcane spellcaster as I'm, maybe a different one since you are able to fight with a sword and also get your spell at it when I can't, but I have to warn you that cast arcane spells in public in most lands is banned and may also cost your life...People are afraid of wizards because they don't understand what we do. So try to use your magic wisely and only when is necessary and better when there are no commoners around. You will live longer that way."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
Metaflux
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Metaflux »

As he finished channeling, Tammerin looked around him in disappointment. "No more foul beasts to slaughter? Well...that was boring if I do say so myself." Facing Fox, the paladin said, "Thank you for the fight though. Very much appreciated. It's about time I experienced some action."

Grasping the necklace from Terik, Tammerin examined it. Seeing the obvious Eternal Order symbol on the pendant, he looked at it further to discern any details that might have been overlooked by the others.
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Metaflux wrote:As he finished channeling, Tammerin looked around him in disappointment. "No more foul beasts to slaughter? Well...that was boring if I do say so myself." Facing Fox, the paladin said, "Thank you for the fight though. Very much appreciated. It's about time I experienced some action."

Dexter finally finished rolled his shoulder feeling how wounded it was and now it wasn't as bad though there still was a bit of pain left. "Speak for yourself, that was no walk in the park, if I had to Tango any longer I could have been ghoul food," said Dexter sounding irrate at how Tammerin didn't seem to think the battle had gone wrong at all.

"Relax Dex, I don't think he meant anything by it except that we were lucky as is," said Lin looking over to Terik and nodding. "I'm just glad to see everyone here can handle themselves, I wasn't sure if everyone was going to be pulling their weight."

Lin pulled back a strand of hair behind her pointed ear as the focus turned to the newcomer named 'Fox'. Though she wasn't sure how he would have obtained a name like that.

Angelo and Dexter finally finished stacking rocks over their bodies and holds up a hand closing his eyes in prayer. He makes gestures above their resting places and then rejoins the part. His lips at thin as if pulled tight, though again he does not speak.

"I'm just going to point out now that maybe it's not wise we seek more of those things? If I understand Fox correctly there are more of those... enough to overwhelm a party and four of them free to give chase to him, maybe it would be wiser to head to Draken or back to the bridge for supplies. I'm not quite sure I'm fond of fighting these things again," said Dexter though afterwards he shrugs his shoulders before sheathing his blades.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Terik smiles at Lin appreciating the comment. The wizard had some doubts how he could handle a melee combat and was glad Tammerin was beside him but he didn't share his thoughts with the elf fighter. He just pats the paladin's shoulder saying:

"Thank you."

At Dexter's comment the wizard nods in agreement.

"Indeed we were lucky we managed to beat these ghoul without be bitten or seriously wounded. I wouldn't like to provoke our luck anymore though so I suggest we press forward to Draken and seek a shelter for the night. I don't know about you but I would highly prefer staying in an inn during the night and if possible have a meal as well instead of going back."
- W H A T ! ? !
ash
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by ash »

No arcane magic? Well that blows. Oh well. Good think I can pull off the simple merc as well.

Fox laughed at his rather bad joke... if you could call it a joke. He was gonna say more, before the paladin dude, who was quite fond of yelling, spoke to him. The man seemed really happy about fighting the ghouls. Fox enjoyed a fight as well, but not as much as this man seemed to be making it out to be.

Yea, don't worry about it, but maybe your companions don't have the same thanks as you do.

Fox eyed the man for a moment longer, face remaining neutral, then turned away, watching Angelo and Dexter stack rocks on the bodies of the dead. Though he wasn't use to fighting, everything came so naturally, including his use of magic, and the words required to use it. He started to head to the outskirts of the clearing before he heard Dexter speak up, fallowed quickly by Terik.

I agree in full, if you guys don't mind me traveling with you guys.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Terik smiles at Fox.

"I think I can speak for all of us when I say that you are welcome to join us to who knows what and who knows where we are heading...If you are looking for an adventures, well you found the right companions my friend. As I told you we all came here from Darkon to check what is at this side of the door that appeared from nowhere. Do you want to tell us where do you come from?"
- W H A T ! ? !
ash
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by ash »

Fox grinned when Terik said that could travel around with this group. Fox popped his fingers, then rolled his shoulders. He was pumped once again, and it was showing. It was almost as if he was a kid again, getting together with a group of friends to raise some hell somewhere. Now when asked where he came from, his grin faded away and his shoulders slumped forward. His eyes glazed over, as if he was thinking hard into the past. After a moment, he came back to full life, but his eyes didn't show his smile.

No idea. I can't remember anything before a month ago. Hell, im surprised I remember how to fight and use magic.