Page 6 of 6
Re: The Black Vault Haul
Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:38 pm
by IanFordam
Mephisto of the FoS wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:44 am
I like it! I was also thinking of having this come from Pharazia but hadn't come up with a background story or its abilities. I like that the dark destiny is to follow the Lawgiver in the end, also has this flagellant aspect which I like a lot ..G.. R.. E.. A.. T...... J.. O.. B...! ! !
Thank you!
Re: The Black Vault Haul
Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:56 am
by Jeremy16
Hi All,
Just a quick follow-up. I love all the fantastic stuff that has been shared on this thread. Unfortunately, the article I am writing went in another direction. Or, to put it another way, I decided to cut out most of the Black Vault angle and focus on other parts that I felt were more important. My decision has nothing to do with the quality of everyone's work - it's been awesome to see what everyone has come up with! I just couldn't use well over half of the items if I was going to keep the "no weapons" policy in place.
Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know in case there was someone out there who wanted to pick up the torch and maybe write up a separate article about all these cool magical items with gnarly curses for themselves.
Thanks again to all the authors for your contributions!
Re: The Black Vault Haul
Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:51 pm
by IanFordam
Even without becoming part of an article, this thread was fun to follow and participate in. Thanks for kicking it off!
Re: The Black Vault Haul
Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:05 pm
by Mephisto of the FoS
Don't worry we can get the "directors cut" version now.
PS
Yes it was a good initiative and I don't know if it was intended but it came around the time the Golden Vault was published.
Also I owe you some pics, work is hectic and I don't have time to do make them yet. In July everything will cool down a bit (oxymoron) so I 'll start around then.
Re: The Black Vault Haul
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:41 pm
by KingCorn
Slightly off topic, but does anyone remember that 'Van Richten's Lost Arsenal' article from QtR 2? Cause those were neat.
Re: The Black Vault Haul
Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:38 am
by Mephisto of the FoS
Jeremy16 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:56 am
Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know in case there was someone out there who wanted to pick up the torch and maybe write up a separate article about all these cool magical items with gnarly curses for themselves.
alhoon wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:10 am
KingCorn wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:19 am
I have began creating a writeup of this for QtR#31. I will use ideas and text from items written here, change some and leave others as they are. I am planning to have the header as this.
BLACK VAULT'S "DISCARDED" TREASURES
Cursed items from Azalin's private collection
written by Michail Adamis “Mephisto of the FoS”, Initiated by Jeremy16 on the FoS forum and based on text and ideas by Alhoon, Baron Von Stanton, Ian Fordam, Jeremy16, King Corn, Wolfglide of the Fraternity.
Does anyone have a problem with this or maybe wants to have their names written differently or not at all (if you don't like my writeup)?
I can also have it as co-written if you want and have each item's author mentioned in the end of each description.
I will send each of you the final text for the items descriptions when they are done. This will take a while, I just thought of asking you in advance.
Re: The Black Vault Haul
Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:05 am
by IanFordam
Mephisto of the FoS wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:38 am
Does anyone have a problem with this or maybe wants to have their names written differently or not at all (if you don't like my writeup)?
I can also have it as co-written if you want and have each item's author mentioned in the end of each description.
I'm all in favor of this, in fact. Please feel free to use and rework my contributions as you see fit. Some suggestions were made in this thread which I feel improved upon my originals, and I have no doubt that you'll come up with further cool stuff.
As for attribution, I'm partial to a per-item mention. However, if the general consensus among my fellow contributors is that the proposed header is sufficient, then I'm fine with that too. You're the one who will be doing the hard part, after all.
Re: The Black Vault Haul
Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:20 pm
by Baron Von Stanton
I'm in favor, too!
Re: The Black Vault Haul
Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:24 am
by Wolfglide of the Fraternity
I am in favor as well.
IanFordam wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:05 am
As for attribution, I'm partial to a per-item mention. However, if the general consensus among my fellow contributors is that the proposed header is sufficient, then I'm fine with that too. You're the one who will be doing the hard part, after all.
I would probably be inclined toward the per-item attribution as well, though I am also fine with the proposed header, if that is the ultimate decision.
Re: The Black Vault Haul
Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:24 pm
by Jeremy16
When I was thinking about writing this out, I was gonna do the per-item attribution. Just my two cents...
Re: The Black Vault Haul
Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:02 am
by alhoon
Fine by me.
Re: The Black Vault Haul
Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2024 8:09 am
by Mephisto of the FoS
It is worth noting that the Black Vault is not within the walls of Castle Avernus in Darkon’s capital city of Il Aluk. It lies buried deep beneath the Grim Fastness. This malevolent fortress is located near Avernus, and it serves as the headquarters for Azalin’s dreaded secret police, the Kargat. Few people have ever seen the Black Vault, for the caverns beneath the Grim Fastness are filled with the living dead and other creatures of darkness.
From
Forged of Darkness p.14
The adventure
Death Triumphant from
Requiem: The Grim Harvest box set has a map of the Grim Fastness and details the Kargat's former headquarters but there is no mention of the Black Vault anywhere or the caverns that it is located in. Has anyone though of where the entrance of the caverns beneath that building is located? Is it through the treadmill or through a secret door on the wall or trapdoor on the floor? Could it be that the entrance to the caverns is controlled by magic and is accessible through some other room within the Grim Fastness?