Come one, come all come to The Carvival.

Online roleplaying at the Café
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Come one, come all come to The Carvival.

Post by steveflam »

VAN wrote:"Very good idea Tirso, but where can we get poison oil? I know there exist poisonous herbs but I don't know how to recognize them."

Turning to Percy the cleric asks:

"Do you have any spell that can put a bear to sleep or make it dizzy?"

"I can fool it with illusions and sound, or cast a colorful spray at it. I don't know how that might work with a bear. The idea of putting it to
sleep with herbs and fish sounds good to me."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Your magic will be really useful Percy, especially if we have nobody to tell us which herbs are poisonous. Illusions I don't know if will work, because the bears have scent, if there is no smell maybe will not be fulled. But the colorspray is indeed a great spell and can put the bear out for some time, hopefully enough to kill it."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brilliantlight »

Nemesio wrote:Perhaps we can purchase some from the Vistani. We share a lot in common with them and they have collected more lore in this land than most. Perhaps we could befriend them.
There are a number of Vistani in camp and all of you get along fine with them. They are probably willing to sell it if they have it.
Trike
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Trike »

"Well, there's no time like the present. I'll go talk to the other Vistani and see if they have anything that will help us."

Valentin nods and begins to leave. He stops and turns to Isolde, his eyes not meeting hers. "My lady, if you need nothing more, I shall begin preparations."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Percy lowers her visage as she moves to join Valentin. "I-ll be going with him, milady."
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

"As the wind blows," says Grimm doing his curt nod again before walking with the others heading out. He was eager to get a move on; trying to stay still in one place just didn’t work out very well for him. He’d always rather be doing something. Once outside of the tent he spoke again. “We could also ask the Vistani if they have any bear traps as well. That way if it does get angry maybe we could lure it into a trap. Always nice to have a back up plan.”
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"I--I prefer not to kill it like that. It is going to suffer. Poison is the best way and it won't feel a thing. It will die peacefully."
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brilliantlight »

Trike wrote:"Well, there's no time like the present. I'll go talk to the other Vistani and see if they have anything that will help us."

Valentin nods and begins to leave. He stops and turns to Isolde, his eyes not meeting hers. "My lady, if you need nothing more, I shall begin preparations."
She nods" I would go to the town first. If I am not very much mistaken that will be a much more difficult task. Killing a bear is easy, getting people to do something for you is much more difficult."
Trike
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Trike »

Valentin nods before he follows the others out. "I understand."

In a few quick strides, he falls in pace with the others. "Isolde seems to think it would be better to contact the people in the town first. Do you all feel ready for that?"

His manner changes back to the relaxed Valentin that you are accustomed to once he is out of Isolde's gaze. His smile returns on a more permanent basis.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Trike wrote:Valentin nods before he follows the others out. "I understand."

In a few quick strides, he falls in pace with the others. "Isolde seems to think it would be better to contact the people in the town first. Do you all feel ready for that?"

His manner changes back to the relaxed Valentin that you are accustomed to once he is out of Isolde's gaze. His smile returns on a more permanent basis.

Percy swallows, growing nervous. "I, uh, guess. I mean they'll probably make fun of my feet .... as always .... sigh ... if you think it will help, yes."

She looks at her feet, then the ground, eyes looking down and forward so as to watch where she is going. She clutches her book bag close to her.
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

Tirso smiles warmly at Isolde who gave him back his legs. He places his hand over his heart and says his farewell.
"Of course my lady." We should tarry no longer. Yes. Let's get a move on!"
With that Tirso starts off walking, his gait is slightly awkward on his stilt-like bony spikes. He taps his axe merrily against his shoulder as he goes.
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brilliantlight »

You get to town and it is fairly typical small town with an inn, a blacksmith, a woodcutter, an herbalist shop, houses and lots of farms within 20 miles of it.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"W-well, wh-what do we do? I've never really done something like this before." Percy is really clutching her book bag to her chest as she looks around nervously. It's almost as if she wants to just stick her head in the ground like an ostrich and hide.
Trike
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Trike »

"Well, I think the people most likely to help us will be people who have had encounters with this ghost in the past. Maybe we can start there."

He looks around at the others. He stops for a moment to smile reassuringly at Percy. She remembers that he whispered to her just before they left the Carnival.
tarlyn wrote:Percy swallows, growing nervous. "I, uh, guess. I mean they'll probably make fun of my feet .... as always .... sigh ... if you think it will help, yes."
He had whispered, "Someone may poke fun at you for your appearance. You'll have to be tough. But always remember that people who make fun of your feet don't understand. They don't understand that your feet don't make you different from them. They make you one of us. And THAT is pretty special."
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

Tirso's demeanor has changed since he arrived in town. Often frowning, his face appears creased and old. His obsessive tugging at his wiry black beard and white knuckled grip on his axe are a bit unnerving. He hasn't spoke much since leaving Isolde's presence, but he mumbles incomprehensibly from time to time.

He starts off towards one of the first woodcutters that he sees, trying hard to pretend that nobody notices his strange appearance.