Staunton Bluffs V: New Blood

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

As Inovidil sees the demon ready to attack the cleric and to the boy yells to the others:

"Wait, come back, Jamethon and the boy needs our help."

At the same time she moves her hands focusing on the demon, from her extended fingers two bolts hit its body.

OOC> magic missile.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
LouisVendredi
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by LouisVendredi »

George decides to hold his attack and see what happens next. If the demon attacks anyone, George will attack, hoping to flank. If anyone successfully attacks the demon, he will do the same thing. He will also attempt to avoid being set on fire.
"Evil things have plans. They have things to do."
-- Anya Jenkins
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: The boy

Post by steveflam »

tarlyn st-denfer wrote:Brethana looks at Jamethon , then the boy, holding out her hands to take the boy in her arms and run away from the demons "Let me take him, I can carry him and run , it shall be faster , friend"....
[Ooc : I'm next to Jamethon and the boy] Brethana puts herself between the demon and Jamethon and the boy Great Sword in front of her , waving it at the Demon taunting it "RUN! RUN! I'll try top hold it off!".......

Brethaha then swings at the Demon ...
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Glancing nervously at the flames, Shana unleahses another pair of shimmering sparks that sweep across the glade and slam into the demon as she slowly backs away

[Magic Missile!]
LouisVendredi
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by LouisVendredi »

George calls out to Shana: "Can you put these fires out?"
"Evil things have plans. They have things to do."
-- Anya Jenkins
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

With Brethana covering his flight, Jamethon snatches up the boy and retreats back to Shana's position.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

As Brethana and Shana attack the demon, Inovidil moves back and reaches the others. Taking notice that Jarryd is not with them, she says:

"We should do something to save Jarryd too, he seems frozen. I think someone should go and help him. As about the demon I have noticed something weird, he seems to care most of all about the boy since he ignored George and Jarryd before. So, I believe that if we make the boy invisible and create his illusion maybe he will follow the illusion and leave us the time to do something about the flames and save our lives as well. What do you think?"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

''Invisible? So long as we don't lose him, it just might work. '' Jamethon seems amenable to the idea.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"You don't get it. You will keep hold him, but I'll make an illusion which will look like the boy and I'll move it away hoping that the demon will move after it and leave us take care of the flames or flee. I don't have other idea and I have only a combat spell left. May you do something about Jarryd?"
- W H A T ! ? !
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Jamethon nods in assent. ''Do it then, woman.''

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Ok turn a bit your body please, in order to make more difficult to the demon to discern that the boy has been disappeared. Then, when the boy will be invisible, be sure that he will not make any noise."

Jamethon follows Inovidil's lead and with his body gets the boy off the demon's sight. Then, Inovidil waves her hands, says the exact arcane words and then touches the boy's chest. Immediately he becomes invisible.
- W H A T ! ? !
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Within the many small starting fires, the demon remains unimpressed of your intents to hit or to stop him.

While manifesting from the red mists that compose his body, the demon stretches himself, and, with an expression of obvious boredom, dodges Shana's and Inovidil's magic missiles, before he counters Brethana's attack, hitting her in the face with his ellbow and pinning her to the ground with his clawed feet. [3 DAM]

The devil gives sneds you an evil smile as he watches Moorkroft and the boy run away. He appears not interested in following them, but spits his stinking saliva und the poor, pinned Brethana.

Around you, the flames rise into the sky, and you can hear the mourning of the treepeople...
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Demon

Post by steveflam »

Brethana struggles under the demon trying to grapple it so the others can get away, but seeing it futile tries to get up from under it and run ,,,,
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Getting notice that the demon has not intention to follow them, Inovidil hessitates a moment. She is not sure that they should continue with their plan. But seeing how easily the demon dodged both the magic missiles decides to stick to the plan. At least she hopes to buy some time to Brethana. So she waves her hands and recolling how the boy looks like she creates his illusion going away from them as having lost it with all this confusion. The wizard hopes only that this is going to work. Then says:

"We should do something about the flames. Can someone create a wind which goes on the opposite side of the flames? Maybe with that we can get rid of the flames and have enough time to escape. Of course the best solution would be create some water."

OOC> Silent image.
- W H A T ! ? !
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

"There it is! Sic 'im, boys!"

Master Fallenleaf's voice rings out above the sound of combat and the snapping of the flames; a pair of enormous wolves, as tall at the shoulder as a human, spring toward the demon, snarling.* At the same time a raven darts down out of the overcast and begins to stab its beak at the demon's eyes.

Fallenleaf himself strides forward with a scimitar clutched in his right hand, his gaze scanning the surrounding wood and sky as if he expects the advent of more trouble.

OOC: *Summon Nature's Ally IV--I just took two dire wolves instead of rolling. I hope that's OK? The wolves will try to knock the demon down and rip it into little pieces. :P I suppose they're not too likely to succeed, but they should at least get it off Brethana.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena: