Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

That depends who wants to come!
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

I have naughtily edited my post under the impression you weren't there. It crossed with your post. I don't think its changed much!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

kintire wrote:I have naughtily edited my post under the impression you weren't there. It crossed with your post. I don't think its changed much!
Yeah- it's fine.

Man, I love playing the bailiff. Along with Ildool, he's one of my fave NPCs.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

''Good morning. I am the Bailiff of the Rock. Rardi Silverhelm and Inovidil- I arrest you both, in the name of the King and our lord the Baron, for burglary and on suspicion of the murder of Delthrin the Magus! Lay down your arms. You others are not under arrest, but I warn you- do not interfere. Oh, and my men will confiscate any and all objects that you have taken from Delthrin's house or person. ''

Oohhh- yeah, that's sinister. :wink:
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

ewancummins wrote:
''Good morning. I am the Bailiff of the Rock. Rardi Silverhelm and Inovidil- I arrest you both, in the name of the King and our lord the Baron, for burglary and on suspicion of the murder of Delthrin the Magus! Lay down your arms. You others are not under arrest, but I warn you- do not interfere. Oh, and my men will confiscate any and all objects that you have taken from Delthrin's house or person. ''

Yes it sure is my pc pooped her pants at that intro. I think the best sinister part is when he relieved himself on Ironheart! Nah just my favorite scene :P
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

tarlyn wrote:
ewancummins wrote:

Yes it sure is my pc pooped her pants at that intro. I think the best sinister part is when he relieved himself on Ironheart! Nah just my favorite scene :P
He should probably get a theme-song for that one.

Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

Okay, I'm gone for my trip, but as mentioned before, I'll try to pop in once a day. I'll be back full time on Thursday.

Ewan, I'll send you a PM.
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The next major scene will be the meeting with Rask [around 2PM]. It's almost time. You all have been scurrying about town all morning, doing stuff. Rask has been hella busy, too, of course.

I need to know which PCs will attend. Anyone skipping out? Shana isn't actually part of the militia, but she is welcome to attend, as she was involved in this mess.

After that, I'll need to know if anyone has special plans for his PC during the eveninng/night. If so, I'll run that stuff as needed. If not, I'll skip to the next morning, and the trial.

Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Threan and his brother will be going to the meeting with Alain as it sounds to be part of the smuggling case .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana is on Fishgut rock, and as far as I am aware does not know about Rask's meeting. She will be (politely, providing he is) arguing with the Bailiff about the merits of twisting human souls into tormented slaves and calling up fiends vs giving money to orphanages. More importantly, she will be talking to Inovidil, trying to judge what the outcome of her trial will be and if she wants to escape. She will try to hide her amusement when she discovers Rardi has escaped, but I suspect that depending how much she finds out she will be unlikely to launch a rescue attempt. The "Pin it all on the Lathander Priest" approach has actually helped Ino a lot, and she has a good chance at a trial.

I am assuming that you don't want to play all that out directly, especially in the absence of Ken.

Oh, and since we are under the instructions of the Baron to investigate Blaise's suspicions, I think a read of Delthrin's journal is appropriate.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Ino will take her chances in trial. I believe is better not escaping and trying to convince whoever is the judge that she broke in Delthrin's house for a good reason.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Just wanted to leave a heads up, I am going to my girlfriends parents cabin this weekend and probably won't be able to post until Tuesday.

Sorry if this slows things down any more than I usually do :P
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

kintire wrote:Shana is on Fishgut rock, and as far as I am aware does not know about Rask's meeting. She will be (politely, providing he is) arguing with the Bailiff about the merits of twisting human souls into tormented slaves and calling up fiends vs giving money to orphanages. More importantly, she will be talking to Inovidil, trying to judge what the outcome of her trial will be and if she wants to escape. She will try to hide her amusement when she discovers Rardi has escaped, but I suspect that depending how much she finds out she will be unlikely to launch a rescue attempt. The "Pin it all on the Lathander Priest" approach has actually helped Ino a lot, and she has a good chance at a trial.

I am assuming that you don't want to play all that out directly, especially in the absence of Ken.

Oh, and since we are under the instructions of the Baron to investigate Blaise's suspicions, I think a read of Delthrin's journal is appropriate.
Emphasis mine. Your wishes are granted.

BOMBS AWAY!!!
:twisted: :shock: :twisted:

kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

BOMBS AWAY!!!
It doesn't come as a great surprise: I had begun to suspect something like this. Its a tragedy, of course, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions!
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

kintire wrote:
BOMBS AWAY!!!
It doesn't come as a great surprise: I had begun to suspect something like this. Its a tragedy, of course, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions!

Hmm just like casting the glitter dust spell at a group of half trained men and boys on an embankment and watching as one of the boys is blinded and falls into the hands of the crazed barbarian . Who proceeds to bash the poor kid's head into the ground .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .