Realms of Dread OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Fine. I think I'm happy to move on to the trial, subject to Blaise coming up with a better idea ( :shock: )
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Yay, I am back.

...looks like I have a lot of catching up to do though :shock:
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Welcome back :D
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Trial time, kids. Let's get it on.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

ewan, I was looking for the thread in which you speak of the Faerunian gods, Background Notes. I didn't see them there.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Dude, 'twas my very first entry! Behold, from page one:

Since their return to Toril, the Faerunian natives in the party will have begun to notice a number of things have changed since last they were home. Some of the differences are minor, and it isn't as if one can reasonably expect the whole world to simply stand still while one is away...but other changes seem, well, harder to explain.

One thing is that many of the stories about the gods and the events of the Year of Shadows [ the so-called 'Time of Troubles'] differ considerably from what Jarg and Inovidil know, or think they know, about the events and outcomes of that fateful year. Then again, it isn't as if there ever really was a general consensus about what happened in 1358, even more than a decade later.

Most people refer to the minor deity Torm in the past tense only, and popular accounts claim that he was slain by the god Bane in a great battle near the city of Tantras. That's odd, because Ino and the dark elf are used to hearing the story told that both gods died in the battle, and Torm was afterwards resurrected. Torm's small temples have been co-opted by worshippers of Helm or Tyr, everywhere one cares to look.

In Cormyr there exists a burgeoning sect of clerics who proclaim that Beshaba and Tymora are really just one goddess called Tyche. These Tyche worshippers have gained ground in recent years, largely taking over the previously opposed cults of the two goddesses.

Cyric, who our heroes may remember as the great boogeyman of Faerun, is hardly mentioned by anyone but his priests; and they seem to be widely regarded nothing more than a pack of worthless charlatans. Instead of fearing the Black Sun, men whisper frightful tales of Bane, Myrkul, and Bhaal- and everyone talks of these three gods as if they are still very much alive.

The cult of Mystra in Cormyr has apparently never heard of the wizardess Midnight, and seems more old fashioned and conservative than Ino would have expected based on her earlier encounters with Mystran clergy. Of course, all this might be explained quite simply by the stuffiness and general stick-in-the-mud mindest of so many of the Cormytes. [/b]

The changes from Realmsian canon I mentioned above are simply the way things are, to any native Faerunian PCs who did NOT escape from Ravenloft at the end of the Staunton Bluffs campaign.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Roger that. Was thinking more on the lines of entries for each deity :P
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

tarlyn wrote:Roger that. Was thinking more on the lines of entries for each deity :P
Ah, no.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Skybolt wanted his dude to testify, and the Bailiff would call him up...so I've slightly edited Lord Ildool's last line. Van, let me know when you are post, and Ino can give her defense/apology/testimony.

kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Its frustrating. Without a doubt the "my mind was influenced by the Mind Flayer and I couldn't help myself!" defence is a slam-dunk. It might even be true... but with material like that, we could get the pair of them off.

But I made a roll for Shana on how much she knew about Illithids, and she knows exactly nothing whatsoever. Oh well!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

kintire wrote:Its frustrating. Without a doubt the "my mind was influenced by the Mind Flayer and I couldn't help myself!" defence is a slam-dunk. It might even be true... but with material like that, we could get the pair of them off.

But I made a roll for Shana on how much she knew about Illithids, and she knows exactly nothing whatsoever. Oh well!
Yes, but Threan clearly does know about illithids... :wink:

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Okay- it's all up to Van. I'll hold off updating the trial until sghe wants to speak. She can try to disupte evidence, make an apology, issue defiant speeches, rant, plead for mercy, as she likes. Let's see what she comes up with...

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

K let's say Rardi did know about Illithid's. I would have to say she'd of killed the thing straight there. That still wouldn't change everything else she did or said however.

Now for her it is survival that matters most, and sometimes to survive you do things you wouldn't normally do. Thanks to everyone for excellent roleplaying where she is concerned, especially Lord Skybolt, who did an excellent job. :!: :!: :D

And of course Shana, Blaise, and the rest of you who supported her!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Murder, elf-napping, body snatching...''things you wouldn't normally do.''

:wink:

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

ewancummins wrote:Murder, elf-napping, body snatching...''things you wouldn't normally do.''

:wink:
And much much more, if my evil plan to take over the world actually happens!
Last edited by steveflam on Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.