Ridiculous monster you will never use

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Faust
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Ridiculous monster you will never use

Post by Faust »

[This post has been edited by the moderators for obscene content]

So what is the most ridicoulus/bad/dumb etc... monster of denizens of dread?

I personnally think its the kizoku(ouuuuuuu how frightening a japanese metrosexual might turn you into TREE MUAHAHAHA)

I also hate elven vampires... I mean do they still have something in common with true vampire anymore?

I also think Dread cloaker and Dread wight were two totally useless monster I mean we already have wight and cloacker... yes? And theres bot a lot of differances between the two...

As for elemental lich... maybe in forgotten realms but in ravenloft?
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

There will be none of that language on this board.

You have been warned.
Evil Reigns!!!!
Faust
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Faust »

ScS of the Fraternity wrote:There will be none of that language on this board.

You have been warned.
what language?
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

That's strike 2, Faust. Do not play stupid - for while your homophobic language certainly helps the ruse, it won't elicit sympathy.
Evil Reigns!!!!
Faust
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Faust »

"That's strike 2, Faust. Do not play stupid - for while your homophobic language certainly helps the ruse, it won't elicit sympathy."

Sorry mr the policeman! I really dont know what I said wrong... are you an angry japanese metrosexual?
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

Faust wrote:"That's strike 2, Faust. Do not play stupid - for while your homophobic language certainly helps the ruse, it won't elicit sympathy."

Sorry mr the policeman! I really dont know what I said wrong... are you an angry japanese metrosexual?
No he is not, and exactly how does refering to the Kizoku as a "metrosexual" be a helpful guide? You're simply insulting the creative staff. Furthermore, elven vampires, similiar to human vampires, are created when an elf is slain by another elven vampire that had fed on the victim's life force.
"Arrogant mortal! You are in my world now and you will never leave this attic alive! I will destroy you, and then I will possess she whom you love the most. And there is not a single thing in the world you can do to stop me!"
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

I've never been fond of the demihuman vamps. They all seemed silly and over-specialized with awkward weaknesses and strange powers. Some are overpowered and some are nigh indestructable. Not their biggest fan.

The Spirt Waif was also 100% useless. It's a freakin' GHOST!
Faust wrote:"That's strike 2, Faust. Do not play stupid - for while your homophobic language certainly helps the ruse, it won't elicit sympathy."

We try to keep the environment here PG-rated. We don't know the ages of the readers, the ethnicities, genders or sexual preferences so we keep things civil. Mixed company people. Just proper.
As long as nothing directly offensive is said (slurs against people/creeds/races or directly insulting) then we're pretty open.
The_God_Brain
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by The_God_Brain »

Faust wrote:are you an angry japanese metrosexual?
Well, I'm not japanese...but I am getting angry.

I don't care for most of the demihuman vampires, but the Elven vampire is an exception. I've gotten quite a bit of use out of them since the players IMC killed Baron Kharkov and Lady Adeline became the Darklord. Valachan is now swimming with Elven vampires who have sought refuge from Sithicus. Its getting so bad that some new band of PCs may have to find some what to bring Kharkov back....
[url]http://www.soundclick.com/godbrain[/url] check out my music.
tec-goblin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by tec-goblin »

I love kizoku AND Elven Vampires.
What a coincidence: yesterday I learned what "metrosexual" means, because someone called me that. Strange?
Enough said...
BEAUTIFUL IS!
CHAOS
too DIM MJLTIVERSE
IS TO NOTICE
MOST THE OF.
Greywolf
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Greywolf »

I always liked the elven vampire (case example Jundar Sunstar) they are interesting because elven society in general hate undead and to become one sets the perfect mood for tradegy and sorrow in Ravenloft. To me one of the more useless creatures in Ravenloft was some of the werecreatures that seemed to be designed for a particular character, instead of realm (And as a side note I loved VanRitchens guide to werebeasts) ex. wereray, and out of curisoty, has anyone used a geist for any real purpose in there games?
With every breath the air grows stale, Deathly cold winds howl and wail. Raging thunder pounds like drums, When something wicked this way comes
Jester of the FoS

Post by Jester of the FoS »

What is a metrosexual anyway?
Someone tried to tell me but I was too busy writing down hair grooming tips from Queer Eye and missed it. ;)

Lebentold (sp?) are also kinda silly. I'm guessing they're based on some myth because otherwise they're just standard walking dead with some funky salient power. Like Jolly Rogers and such.
Faust
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Faust »

"and exactly how does refering to the Kizoku as a "metrosexual" be a helpful guide? You're simply insulting the creative staff."

Its not a guide or insulting the creative staff its not because i dont like some of their creations!Comon if you would create monsters you would not think that everybody will like what you have created... will you? It would be pretty naive!

If I insulted anybody then sorry it was not my intention

"I don't care for most of the demihuman vampires, but the Elven vampire is an exception"

I like dwarf vampire, I mean they look so evil but well I like dwarves anyway...
Faust
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Faust »

"they're just standard walking dead with some funky salient power."

Funkyness is what make the game, i mean blacula in ravenloft would be cool!
The game would become hyper-funky!
The_God_Brain
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by The_God_Brain »

Faust wrote:"they're just standard walking dead with some funky salient power."

Kharvkov, anyone?
[url]http://www.soundclick.com/godbrain[/url] check out my music.
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

The_God_Brain wrote:
Faust wrote:"they're just standard walking dead with some funky salient power."

Kharvkov, anyone?
*was about to make a snarky comment about this, too, but has been physically prevented from doing so by the wonderful Dru*
"Arrogant mortal! You are in my world now and you will never leave this attic alive! I will destroy you, and then I will possess she whom you love the most. And there is not a single thing in the world you can do to stop me!"
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula