Help with Nidala

Discussing all things Ravenloft
lordsathien
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Help with Nidala

Post by lordsathien »

Okay, so I'm running a game in Nidala (Shadowborn Cluster). Not that the PCs will be going against her so soon (only at 2nd level) but did they ever give stats for Elena Faith-Hold or Ebonbane for 3.0/5?
Mangrum
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mangrum »

Not that were published, no.
lordsathien
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by lordsathien »

Mangrum wrote:Not that were published, no.
What about 2E stats for the above then?
Bloody Morgan
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Bloody Morgan »

Not a huge amount of help, but there have been a lot of "stats for darklords" threads over at the wizards.com Ravenloft board. Someone may have written up Elena or Ebonbane there.
TwiceBorn
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity
Location: Calgary, Canada... but currently in Gran March, Greyhawk

Post by TwiceBorn »

lordsathien wrote:
Mangrum wrote:Not that were published, no.
What about 2E stats for the above then?
2E stats for Ebonbane appear in RR1 "Darklords," and for Elena Faith-hold in RR4 "Islands of Terror."
-- TwiceBorn
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Shadowborn Manor was also the subject of an old Dungeon adventure, "Bane of the Shadowborn", from issue #31. It was written by William Connors, the designer who created Ebonbane, so can probably be considered 'canon' as a description of the sword-darklord's domain, if anything can.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

Rotipher of the FoS wrote:Shadowborn Manor was also the subject of an old Dungeon adventure, "Bane of the Shadowborn", from issue #31. It was written by William Connors, the designer who created Ebonbane, so can probably be considered 'canon' as a description of the sword-darklord's domain, if anything can.
I found a copy of Dungeon #31 at a used bookstore recently, along with a number of other old Dungeons containing Ravenloft adventures. I will be putting them up for sale on Ebay next week when I get back to the US.
Mortepierre
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Mortepierre »

Hadn't the Dungeon's mods Bane of the Shadowborn and Baron's Eyrie been released as free pdf at some point? I still have them on my hard drive but I don't remember where I got them. Might have been the Kargatane's website :?
(and, no, I don't download illegal stuff so wherever I found them was legit)
[b]Mortepierre Malepeste[/b]
[i]Dwarven Necro.. er .. Student of Anatomy[/i]
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

I got the Baron's Eyrie pdf from some homepage a few months back - didn't seem like a rip, and said that it had been re-formatted by the Kargatane. I don't use any other "illegal" source than *google* either.
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

The Kargatane received permission to host a number of the old Dungeon magazine Ravenloft adventures several years back. I helped with the proof-reading on them, as I own all the original magazines. Bane of the Shadowborn, Baron's Eyrie, The Sea-Wolf, & Last Dance, looks like I have them all here with me now on my traveling laptop.
Le Noir Faineant

Would it be possible for the Frat to host them, maybe? - This would not even require WotC's permission, but only Paizo's, and those guys are usually very eager to work with the fan communities. :)
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Rafael wrote:Would it be possible for the Frat to host them, maybe? - This would not even require WotC's permission, but only Paizo's, and those guys are usually very eager to work with the fan communities. :)
Already tried!

I had a project of putting online:

- RL Dungeon adventures
- RL Dragon article
(we would have started first with those that Paizo is OOP, not to hurt their old issues sales), and:

- RL RPGA adventures (that Catman Jim grabed on ebay)

Erik Mona from Dragon is a great (and funny) guy indeed and said yes quickly. But WotC didn't approve (didn't bother answering in fact. Anybody with good contacts at WotC can contact me and earn a few bonus points).

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Mortepierre
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Mortepierre »

Now, I may be dumb here but what has WotC got to do with it?

Paizo owns both Dragon and Dungeon, including past issues. Whether they want to sell them, give them or burn them as an offering to the DP, it's their choice, no?
[b]Mortepierre Malepeste[/b]
[i]Dwarven Necro.. er .. Student of Anatomy[/i]
Mangrum
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mangrum »

Mortepierre wrote:Paizo owns both Dragon and Dungeon, including past issues. Whether they want to sell them, give them or burn them as an offering to the DP, it's their choice, no?
Paizo owns Dungeon and Dragon, but they don't own Dungeons & Dragons. They need to get permission from WotC to publish anything containing D&D in any of its incarnations. (Which is why they haven't yet published a compilation of the Age of Worms adventure path, for example -- they're waiting for WotC's OK.)
Le Noir Faineant

What a shame. :( There's sadly more than enough illegal stuff around, and this is definitely encouraged by a restrictive policiy like this... Now, I am not much a collectionist, and don't bother not having those pieces, but I would have loved to check them.

Now, maybe WotC's policy changes after that *important announcement* that is to be made at Winter Fantasy... Image