Malhavoc sale!!!

Discussing all roleplaying games
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Malhavoc sale!!!

Post by Jonathan Winters »

Just to mention some MAJOR savings on Malhavoc Press PDFs...

Wow...

Patrick

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/index.php?cPath=49
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

What do you recommend as 1) Cool for RL, or 2) Cool for our general D&D culture :)

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Hi Joël!

I just LOVE the way you always indulge me with these things! :)

I think the books of Might / Roguish Luck can probably make a worthy addition to any game. For RL, I would go with the first Book of Hallowed Might (new alignment system, Oaths...) and Book of Roguish Luck (Rogues are always the easiest to import into a RL game (Three new core classes [with Shadowsworn very good as a rogue/shadow sorcerer] and Pr classes).

Iron Might is Fighters... Meh (for RL).

Eldritch Might is somewhat higher-octane for RL, but the Soul Magic chapter is very good and, if nothing else, is free here: http://www.montecook.com/cgi-bin/page.c ... s_enhance5
As a side note, remember how ''great'' web enhancement were with White Wolf :), well Monte Cook is quite the opposite!

In my MotRD game, I used ''When the Sky Falls...'' in conjunction with ''Chaositech.'' I basically have a meteor fall with an old Evil coming back to Earth.

And Chaositech is great for MotRD. It's about Chaos (capital C as in worse than just Chaotic Evil). It's not magic, it's not science: It's Chaositech. It can be as in your face or low key as you want it to be. And it has a corrupting effect and everything. Yes... I quite like Chaositech!
Come to think of it, it could be good in any high cultural level domain...

From Ptolus
- ''Secret's of the Delver's Guild'' probably has a lot of city hooks, NPCs, deities, a monastic order, temples, inns and other stuff that can be imported into RL.

- ''Organizations'' has a lot that can be pillaged. All kinds of orders and groups... Some stuff needs to be toned down a little...

''Requiem for a God'' also gives some good guidelines and ideas on what happens when a God dies... (NOT how to kill one!) It can affect a campaign in as little or as much as you want. How clerics react and everything...

Arcana Unearthed / Evolved has a few things (I think the Akashic just screams to be played in RL with a couple of tweaks! And the Rune Children too come to mind and the idea of True Names), but it is a high magic world. At 9$, Unearthed gives you the rules and classes, at 15$ Evolved throws in the gazetteer with Pr Cl and a new race and classes(that 430 pages)...

Anyhow... Just so people know!

They are great bargains!

Patrick
Sylaire
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Sylaire »

Jonathan Winters wrote:Hi Joël!

I just LOVE the way you always indulge me with these things! :)

I think the books of Might / Roguish Luck can probably make a worthy addition to any game. For RL, I would go with the first Book of Hallowed Might (new alignment system, Oaths...) and Book of Roguish Luck (Rogues are always the easiest to import into a RL game (Three new core classes [with Shadowsworn very good as a rogue/shadow sorcerer] and Pr classes).
Is that something along the lines of the Shosuro Tejina from L5R?
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Thanks Patrick,

I'll check the sales list with your advices!

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Joël!

You're welcome! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Sylaire: I have no clue what you're talking about !?!?!?
Send me a link so I can look it up!

Patrick

PS: Almost forgot, Ptolus (one single download): 36$
dirt cheap!