Fate of S [Post Gaz V]

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Nikolas of the Mists
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Fate of S [Post Gaz V]

Post by Nikolas of the Mists »

Through forum thread delving I found a couple mentions of her preparing to go to Bluet Spur. What material was this mentioned if anyone recalls?
"I wouldn't worry too much about the Vistana with the pistols --
If he wanted to kill you, he'd have done it already."
High Priest Mikhal
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by High Priest Mikhal »

I thought she still had the Nocturnal Sea and the Sea of Sorrows still left to survey? Why go to Bluetspur?
"Money is the root of all evil...I think I need more money."
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Bluetspur was supposedly the last domain she'd be visiting. She'd have gone to both seas, the Clusters, and a bunch of IoTs, some of them brand new, before the big finale on the God-Brain's turf.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Hmmm... interesting.

Azalin: Hey, god brain, here's a well traveled clone that has seen most of the domains of dread as a present. I don't need her anymore so you can do whatever you want. Nevermind that she's practically my daughter.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
DeepShadow of FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DeepShadow of FoS »

alhoon wrote:Hmmm... interesting.

Azalin: Hey, god brain, here's a well traveled clone that has seen most of the domains of dread as a present. I don't need her anymore so you can do whatever you want. Nevermind that she's practically my daughter.
"As an additional bonus, her mind holds some tantalizing secrets surrounding the plot of the Dukkar and the Gentleman Caller. You like teasing out puzzles, don't you?"

Well, now we know why the Lost Seer stared at her and said nothing when asked to predict her death....
The Avariel has borrowed wings,
The Puppeteer must cut the strings
The Orphan Queen must take the throne
The Queen of Orphans calls them home
Nikolas of the Mists
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Nikolas of the Mists »

Given the announcement of a Domain (probably Island of Terror) in October's online Dragon/DDI/whatever, I wonder if they will use S. at all, given that she was going to be heading through some of them.

As for Azalin simply abandoning S. to the god brain I simply don't think it would happen. He's invested far too much effort into her for him to simply give her up at this point. I have often wondered if he has been using her in a way that would get S out of Ravenloft and he could latch on or subsume her spirit, taking her body as she was leaving.
"I wouldn't worry too much about the Vistana with the pistols --
If he wanted to kill you, he'd have done it already."
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

S isn't likely to turn up in Dragon, given that she was an Arthaus-invented NPC rather than one of TSR/WotC's.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
DasSoviet
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by DasSoviet »

Rotipher of the FoS wrote:S isn't likely to turn up in Dragon, given that she was an Arthaus-invented NPC rather than one of TSR/WotC's.
Well, all depends on who has the rights to the character, if she reverted back to WotC with the rest of Ravenloft, or stayed with Arthaus. And then there's the topic of who's writing the article, right? We could very well end up seeing S again if all the pieces fall into place!
Greetings, Citizens! A reminder: Happiness is mandatory. Those not enjoying themselves shall find themselves terminated.
Mangrum
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mangrum »

Regardless of rights, I can't imagine WotC having any interest in using S.
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Nikolas of the Mists wrote:As for Azalin simply abandoning S. to the god brain I simply don't think it would happen. He's invested far too much effort into her for him to simply give her up at this point. I have often wondered if he has been using her in a way that would get S out of Ravenloft and he could latch on or subsume her spirit, taking her body as she was leaving.
I seem to remember Mangrum or possibly others saying that S.'s later works would show more insights into her own character and maturing, rather than focussing in a plot by Azalin. Of course this doesn't preclude there being a plot, just that character development was going to be an important issue too.

Maybe Azalin wants to tutor and nurture S. to be a keen minded thinker, and she's one of the few people he's willing to do this for without expecting it all to work into some plot or another?

Then again, Steve Miller did say (with questionable earnestness) that Azalin's grand plan was to make a Chinese takeaway delivery service or something similar. The idea has some limited merit insofar as it's hard to imagine Wizards actually mucking it up in the execution.
High Priest Mikhal
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by High Priest Mikhal »

Her bracer is something I'd like to know about. Azalin mentions giving her "protection" and that "she should rely on it" in Gaz V. I'm assuming it's the bracer his undead servitors gave her in Gaz II. Is it just an author's prop or was it an item that would get addressed?
"Money is the root of all evil...I think I need more money."
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Was it the bracer that delivered her from the wolves in Verbrek?

I got the impression that she died in that encounter but the bracer brought her back somehow.
Tykus
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tykus »

HuManBing wrote:Was it the bracer that delivered her from the wolves in Verbrek?

I got the impression that she died in that encounter but the bracer brought her back somehow.
My first impression of that event was that she was cloned somehow.
Hindsight is, after all, caused by a lack of foresight.

Death rates exceeded 100% in some towns.

Charles V spent most of his reign aging.

This was beginning of Empire, when Europeans felt the need to reach out and smack someone
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

Tykus wrote:
HuManBing wrote:Was it the bracer that delivered her from the wolves in Verbrek?

I thought that, or it could be a contingency to teleport her before she dies. Not read the Gaz's for a while, though.
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005
cure
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by cure »

Drinnik Shoehorn wrote:
Tykus wrote:

I thought that, or it could be a contingency to teleport her before she dies. Not read the Gaz's for a while, though.
The cat was finally let out of the bag. The braclet is a variation on a lich's phylactery, with its deceased wielder, memories and all, be returned to life via what amounts to cloing. Perhaps someone can cough up the link where it is discussed with confirmation from Mangrum.
The cure for what ails you