What are you doing for Halloween?

Books, movies, television and everything else
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

What are you doing for Halloween?

Post by HuManBing »

This can be costumes, gaming ideas, creepy haunted houses, etc.

I'm dressing up as Anton Chigurh, the psychotic hitman from No Country For Old Men. I already have a shotgun secured for my use (it's a BB gun, not a real shotgun) and I will put a silencer on it made from a 22oz beer can. (Although not the type that Brandi mentioned, causing me great confusion.)

I also have a fire extinguisher and a rubber tube with a widget for the cattlegun. Clothes wise I'm all set - I have the jacket, a red shirt, and black trousers with boots. I might carry handcuffs if I can find my old pair.

Pictures are here and here.
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

I had to travel to St Louis this week for business. A quick internet search showed that there was an awesome haunted house very near my hotel. A few emails later I had arranged a "date" with a former co-worker that I knew liked these & had transferred to this area. My wife hates these things, so readily agreed to let me go with someone else.

Check out where I went: "The Darkness", rated the #3 scariest haunted house in the United States by The Travel Channel.

It was probably the best haunted house I have ever been through. Here's a shot I took of Pam when we went in (sorry it's blurry, I didn't have the right night setting on my camera):

The Darkness

... and one she took of me with our server Marissa when we went out to eat afterwards:

Hooters

Oh yes, life is good when you have an understanding wife & a good scare-buddy! 8)
I only wish I had retired sooner!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

We are either going to go see the Rocky Horror Picture Show[ proabaly a good 15-20 people] or play "Halloween" type games like The Fury of Dracula.
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

If anyone's in the northern neighbourhood, I would suggest Canada’s Wonderland: Halloween Haunt. For the whole month of October the park opens on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. The entire theme park has been made over for Halloween, with all sorts of great decorations set up and actors in costume wreaking havoc everywhere.

There’s about a dozen or so funhouses set up all over the park. Most are built into temporary buildings, but a couple are in the open. All are terrifying. The actors really know their stuff. Monsters lurk in false corners, camouflaged against the walls, and even disguised amongst the crowd. After the first two, my nerves were pretty badly grated – it actually took a force of will to soldier through the whole lot. Some of worst of it was just the incidentals – like in the “Clowns after Midnight” where you pass through a hall of stuffed animals. Just the fact of something inanimate touching you is creepy beyond belief.

Best of all, the rides are still running. You haven’t lived until you’ve hurtled down The Behemoth in the black of night.
Evil Reigns!!!!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

La Ronde here in Montreal is doing similar things.
Zettaijin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zettaijin »

I'm either dressing up as HORGH of Immortal fame or that dude with the black makeup around his eyes from the Celtic Frost video for Circle of Tyrants.
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

As it happens, I'll be giving exams in every single one of my classes next week. Didn't plan it that way, but I guess that would qualify as "scaring people" for Halloween ... at least, if they haven't been studying. :wink:

Assuming the weather isn't too lousy, I'll probably go to Dorney Park after work on Halloween. It's another amusement park that holds extended hours in October, complete with a spooky after-dark makeover.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

My kids (best excuse to do things of questionable taste when you're grown up) are 14 and 16 and have never seen Rocky Horror Picture Show in a movie theater.

;)

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Joël of the FoS wrote:My kids (best excuse to do things of questionable taste when you're grown up) are 14 and 16 and have never seen Rocky Horror Picture Show in a movie theater.
Eeeeexcellent! Hopefully you'll teach them all the audience particip.....

...-ation that a father should teach his kids! :)
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Working. :(
Brandi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brandi »

I'm not sure if my friends are having a LARP that night or giving away candy. In this town a lot of people do daytime trick-or-treating (bah) in the downtown, which is quite fun to peoplewatch.
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

I just checked the website for the little zoo in my area, and it looks like they'll be giving the animals trick-or-treat bags of edibles as "enrichment items" next weekend. I'll probably stop by there as well, if only to see their arctic wolves do something more entertaining than sleep. (Man, it would disgust Alfred Timothy to see how lazy those critters are... :roll: )
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Paladyn
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Paladyn »

I'm taking drive test, but still don't know if it's gona be more terryfying for me, or instructor?
I love shorcuts!:
"IMHO a SH HH should be a better RL DL"
- Kargatane mailing list member
------
My campaign's journal: [url]http://forgotten-epic.blogspot.com[/url]
Ornum
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Ornum »

I've got a Halloween party today that the wife and I will be dressing up for. This is the third consecutive year for the party. This year, I went cheap. I'm simply a redneck mechanic. The previous costumes were Hugh Hefner and Shaggy. On Friday, we're taking the baby on her first Halloween outing, but only to friends and family.
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Paladyn wrote:I'm taking drive test, but still don't know if it's gona be more terryfying for me, or instructor?
Haha! Well, good luck on the test!