Domains of Dread: The Endless Road (Dungeon #174)

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Dion of the Fraternity
Lurker Maximus
Lurker Maximus

Domains of Dread: The Endless Road (Dungeon #174)

Post by Dion of the Fraternity »

For those remaining few in here such as myself who still love 4e and play Ravenloft in 4e, you'll be pleased to know that this month's Dungeon will feature a new domain called "The Endless Road" by good ol' Mouseferatu himself! Yay! :D

As of this writing it hasn't been released, but I'll be waiting for it anyway. :)
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Speaking for those who don't play 4e, but still eagerly devour anything even tangentially Ravenloft-ish, thanks for the heads up! :)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: Currently the Frozen Wastes of Mount Pleasant Michigan

Post by A G Thing »

Official fluff is official fluff, even if I have to adapt it to the rules I want!!! Plus it is always good news to hear of any support of Ravenloft! :)
"There is only one true answer to any and every question. The rest are just vagaries and obfuscations."
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Indeed! :)
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Mouseferatu
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Mouseferatu »

Hope you guys are happy with it when it comes out. :)
Ari Marmell
aka
Mouseferatu
--Rodent of the Dark

www.mouseferatu.com
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Got a blurp for us?
Mouseferatu
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Mouseferatu »

'fraid I'm not really allowed to say anything that WotC hasn't already said. I'll bend that rule a little and say that this article has a stronger connection to a certain older-edition domain than any of the previous Domains of Dread have. But as to which one, and how strong a connection, I can't say. :twisted:
Ari Marmell
aka
Mouseferatu
--Rodent of the Dark

www.mouseferatu.com
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Headless Horseman seems the easy money.

I do *like* that Ravenloft is getting some article attention. It's great to see Strahd in books like Open Grave.

That's nice and all... but it's such a ****tease to have all these new domains. It's showing us they're not ignoring the campaign and that there's a place for it but not giving us the old classics, best of the best, or fan favourites.
It's a little like if they hadn't released the Forgotten Realms campaign and instead released three or four national write-ups in Dragon... but chose the Chultan Peninsula or a bunch of new city-states in the Western Heartlands or small islands Sea of Swords instead of, say, Cormyr or Sembia or Thay.

Whenever I see the new domains in Dragon, I always feel like I just got tickets to see my favourite band, and instead of playing their classics and hits they only played songs off their latest album and covers. Soooo close and yet...
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

Mouseferatu wrote:Hope you guys are happy with it when it comes out. :)
Too bad they didn't spell your name right. :roll:
I only wish I had retired sooner!
Mouseferatu
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Mouseferatu »

Catman Jim wrote:Too bad they didn't spell your name right. :roll:
*blink*

*looks again*

Oh, son of a bitch... :evil:
Ari Marmell
aka
Mouseferatu
--Rodent of the Dark

www.mouseferatu.com
Mouseferatu
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Mouseferatu »

And, fixed. :)

Kudos to the DDi team for taking care of it so quickly.
Ari Marmell
aka
Mouseferatu
--Rodent of the Dark

www.mouseferatu.com
Paladyn
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Paladyn »

Can you tel me, dear Mouseferatu, is description of Headless Horseman part of a bigger series describing Domains of Dread?
I love shorcuts!:
"IMHO a SH HH should be a better RL DL"
- Kargatane mailing list member
------
My campaign's journal: [url]http://forgotten-epic.blogspot.com[/url]
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DocBeard »

Well, one of the first articles for online Dragon was one on plant life and other natural threats in Athas, and we're getting Dark Sun this year.

I would not call it a certainty, but the fact that the setting keeps coming up is probably a good sign. It really depends on how long Wizards and Hasboro want to back this edition before upgrading; considering the work they've done so far, I'd think they'd want to keep it going a while, but I am not a business wizard.
Matthew L. Martin
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Matthew L. Martin »

DocBeard wrote:Well, one of the first articles for online Dragon was one on plant life and other natural threats in Athas, and we're getting Dark Sun this year.

I would not call it a certainty, but the fact that the setting keeps coming up is probably a good sign. It really depends on how long Wizards and Hasboro want to back this edition before upgrading; considering the work they've done so far, I'd think they'd want to keep it going a while, but I am not a business wizard.
I saw a quote from story team leader James Wyatt that he prefers this approach to the setting approach, so I imagine we'll never see a Ravenloft 'setting book' again. We may get collected Domains of Dread at some point, though.
brass
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by brass »

I believe there were some rumours of a Ravenloft board game recently as well. It's sad that the licence is good enough to pick from, but not good enough to warrant a line, in wizards view.