Looking for Out of Print Material?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Loethadai the Lurker
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Looking for Out of Print Material?

Post by Loethadai the Lurker »

Well, look no further. Some of you may already be aware of this company, but I thought this could help those of you whom are still trying to round out their collections. The company is called Noble Knight Games, and probably has the most extensive line of OOP D&D products I've ever seen. Take a look: https://www.nobleknight.com/ Happy Gaming! :wink:
brass
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Re: Looking for Out of Print Material?

Post by brass »

I've used noble knight games before thanks to a suggestion on here. Great service and fairly quick turn around.
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

See also the sticky marketplace thread for extensive advice that goes well beyond Nobleknight...
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Don't know if you guys do this, but I do. I get a cheap pdf and have it printed and well binded. It costs me like 15 or 20 max each book ;)

I don't think that is too much a price ;)
Loethadai the Lurker
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Don't know if you guys do this, but I do. I get a cheap pdf and have it printed and well binded. It costs me like 15 or 20 max each book ;)
Hmmmm... Interesting idea. I guess I would do this as long as the paper, and binding was of a quality nature, but at the same time, there is something about owning an original copy that brings a smile to my face. I guess it's like owning a copy of "The Beatles: White Album", sure you can get in on CD, but having the original LP in your hands seems to be so much better. LOL! :wink:
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Loethadai the Lurker wrote:
Hmmmm... Interesting idea. I guess I would do this as long as the paper, and binding was of a quality nature, but at the same time, there is something about owning an original copy that brings a smile to my face. I guess it's like owning a copy of "The Beatles: White Album", sure you can get in on CD, but having the original LP in your hands seems to be so much better. LOL! :wink:

I get it done with nice plastic binding and plastic cover. This also includes the cover and back of the book ;)
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brilliantlight »

Do you still own a record player? You would be the only person I know who still does.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

brilliantlight wrote:
Do you still own a record player? You would be the only person I know who still does.
Actually my Stepdad owns one and has a few LP's ;) You will never beat the sound you get from an LP on CD ever!
Loethadai the Lurker
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

The analogy was supposed to be somewhat allegorical. No, I don't own a turntable anymore. The point I was trying to make has to do with owning the original product over something that had been printed out, and bound. Granted, the material is the same, but I guess I'd rather have the original product in hand over a reproduction of it. Just my 2 cents. :wink:
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

brilliantlight wrote:Do you still own a record player? You would be the only person I know who still does.
This is not an entirely fair comparison. Hardcopy books are still very much an accepted standard medium for reading. Bookstores still sell books and people still read them. Indeed, some boutique bookstores have the publishing rights to take an e-book and print and bind it for you while you wait.

Turntables stopped being the majority medium of phonorecordings decades ago.
Loethadai the Lurker
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

This is not an entirely fair comparison. Hardcopy books are still very much an accepted standard medium for reading. Bookstores still sell books and people still read them. Indeed, some boutique bookstores have the publishing rights to take an e-book and print and bind it for you while you wait.
Yeah, it was a poor analogy, but I think I got my meaning across. I didn't know about some of the book stores having publishing rights, and being able to print, and bind while you wait. That's cool! 8)
Brandi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brandi »

brilliantlight wrote: Do you still own a record player? You would be the only person I know who still does.
I own one. You can still buy record players in stores (check Urban Outfitters sometime)-- they're making a small sort of comeback.