Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Post by RocEter »

Ewan if you want a to hit roll for the punch let me know. Not trying to hurt the fellow, its just for the scene.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

RocEter wrote:Ewan if you want a to hit roll for the punch let me know. Not trying to hurt the fellow, its just for the scene.

He's too spooked to resist and you aren't hitting hard enough to do real damage. No probs.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:How does sensing motive work in 2e?

It's not covered by a specific skill. In this case, we'll treat it as a modified Wisdom check. Wisdom covers stuff like intuition, judgement, and guile.

Roll a D20. You want to roll low. I'n not revealing the modifer, because you shouldn't be quite sure if you succeeded
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

modified surprise checks

Hunter- not surprised due to proximity and alertness

Cormac

[dice]0[/dice]

Only a 1 will be surprise, as Cormac is on alert, but the Hunter's body may partially hide his target's motions.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

init gangly killer

[dice]0[/dice] +3 speed factor

init Hunter [dice]1[/dice] +5 to use longsword (without a real weapon, he'll get penalties againsta guy with a blade)

init Cormac (short bow in hand)[dice]2[/dice] +7

So it goes:
Hunter
Gangly Man
Cormac

If Cormac shoots into melee, he may hit the Hunter by accident. He gets two shots in one round if he likes (RoF 2).

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Cormac could also, acting at the end of the round, switch drop his bow and rush to attack the gangly man in wrasslin'fistiicffs-- or drop it, grab another weapon, and move into position.

Or just watch the fun.

It's up to you guys. I've set up the fight.

You may post damage with to hit rolls, in case you do actually hit 'im.

RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

The Huntsman doesn't suffer fools who would attack him.

To hit roll with his longsword. [dice]0[/dice]+3

Damage if hits [dice]1[/dice]+4
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Sweet natural 20! I hit an AC of -7.

If double damage I did a grand total of 22.
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Okay, so did we all decide our characters were archers this time? :D

I'd originally conceptualized Renn as using a longbow, but I'd be happy to do a little re-tooling on Renn so that we don't have a lot of redundant skills.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Dominica uses a short bow and short sword. She has the coolest armor.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Filbert uses daggers, but he can also use short bow and short sword if needed.

The thing is that I'm afraid all of us have taken fighters, rangers and rogues and we have no cleric or wizard...Which means we lack in knowledges and we have nobody to heal us.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

I see what you're saying Van, but this being Birthright, perhaps we can hire out some spellcasters. After all, as nobles we're almost obligated to buy the clergy. :twisted:
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

I use a longsword and bow. I have access to some low level healing spells, not much though.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Honestly I don't think having a spellcaster or priest will be that important. As Brock says we can always hire one out ;)
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

If we can afford hiring a priest then it's fine by me :)
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!