The Ravenloft World Poll!

Discussing all things Ravenloft

Where are you from?

The Americas (USA, Canada, Brazil, etc.)
62%
Europe-Africa (Wales, Estonia, Norway, etc.)
33%
Asia-Pacific (Singapore, Philippines, Australia, etc.)
5%

Total votes: 133

Dion of the Fraternity
Lurker Maximus
Lurker Maximus

The Ravenloft World Poll!

Post by Dion of the Fraternity »

Hello everyone!

I figured I should start a poll on where Ravenloft fans are in this wild world of ours. When you answer the poll, please do supply more about stuff of note when it comes to playing Ravenloft in your area. Thanks! :)

Dion: Philippines
Not much people play Ravenloft in this area. I'm the only person I know who DM's Ravenloft games, although I know that other people (especially in Manila) exist who do play RL. :)
MadStepDad
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by MadStepDad »

Not sure I like being grouped with the Canadians, but.... :wink:

There are plenty of D&D heads in Broken City MA, but I have yet to find other Ravenloft players. They hafta exist though. Cuz I was thumbing through G4 awhile back with no money in my pocket to purchase it. I went back a few weeks a later and that book was gone.

So I guess the RL players are secretive and move only in the night. Aside from my four RL players, which I made myself.
Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc4mBjj_yt4&feature=youtu.be

Conjunction
http://madstepdad.proboards.com/board/19/grand-conjunction

"BCCW" by MSD
http://madstepdad.proboards.com/board/33/broken-city-championship-wrestling-madstepdad
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

I'm from Greece. While I (like MSD) know very few people that play Ravenloft, the books in the store go away quite fast. :x

Also by checking in here, you'll find at least 5 Greeks including myself and Grug who doesn't stay in Greece. Since the Site has 200 members, it means that we are 2,5% of the members! :lol:
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Malus Black
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Malus Black »

Norway here. More specifically western Norway, about an hour from Bergen, which is where the only shop in my part of the country which sells D&D stuff is located. I have one (1) player who stops by, say, once a month? This weekend we actually got 1/3 through NotWD. Yay!

So, no people at all play D&D in my vicinity (the guy I talked about live in Bergen), but as there is a Ravenloft shelf in the shop I mentioned, so there must be some people who play it.
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream

-Edgar Allan Poe
LocdOut
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by LocdOut »

USA here massachusetts to be precise.
Charney
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Charney »

Canadian here! And if you just look at the first page of members you'll we're invading the boards gradually. Two of the Fraternity are Canadians :lol:
De retour dans les Brumes, enfin!
Reginald de Curry
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Reginald de Curry »

USA, just across the Mississippi River from St. Louis.

Fun fact: the Arch becomes a portal to the netherworld every thirteen days at midnight.
Pinky! Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

I think so, Brain, but didn't we give up ritual murder for Lent?
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

Northwestern suburbs of the Windy City (Chicago, Illinois).

As for the number of Raevnloft players in this area, I haven't found too very many people. In all honesty, I've been so busy with other things in life that I haven't spent a great deal of time and energy looking for other players. Much like alhoon and MSD, however, the Ravenloft books in the area tend to come-and-go rather quickly... :wink: I guess we are a reclusive lot.
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
Dominique
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Dominique »

USA, switching between Ohio and Maryland depending on whether or not college is in session.
"I'd really love a cup of tea, but it would be, like, blood or death or evil or something."
~Matteo Brazi, Borcan thief, Day 3 of Bleak House
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Does anyone ever really read the location text? ;) Mine is for both my persona and myself.
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
Mortavius
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mortavius »

Canadian, and damn proud of it! Good to see a fellow Canuck here, Charney.
Cmdr. Vimes
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Cmdr. Vimes »

As per location text :wink:
"When in doubt, kick 'em in the nadgers and scarper" - Sgt. Jackrum
irve
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by irve »

Whoa, someone read my location :)

In Estonia we currently have three stores that carry D&D stuff, I have seen Ravenloft Campaign Setting, but other stuff I have ordered through one of them. Books take a month at most but my Shadow Fey book was probably forgotten or something and hasn't arrived yet. I'll probably switch to Amazon.uk after May the 1st when we get to have the nice EU postage rates and no taxes on border. I have also check out the regular Amazon since dollar is such a cheap thing currently.

Due to there being about a million Estonians altogether our RPG community is quite a small one. I know three active Ravenloft DMs and there is a number of more inactive ones. Ravenloft has a good reputation around here since I often see people who are looking for a game post things like ("Ravenloft preferred" or "I'd like to play in Ravenloft"). Ravenloft was adopted quite early by some the first group that played here and I think that the reputation has grown from there.
[img]http://www.hot.ee/irve/pic/griefgrin.gif[/img] People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk. [i]Stephen King[/i]
jamesravenwing
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by jamesravenwing »

The Republic of South Africa
Lots of role-players but it is very, very hard to get books. Postage from the US or Europe is steep and the exchnage rate sucks.
"His eyes had all the seeming of a demon that was dreaming..."

"Let me also wear
Such deliberate disguises
Rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves"
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

Oh, Canada, our home and ...
Ah, forget it. I really hate our anthem

I'll just play hockey and criticize the USA, while secretly fearing what I would do without American TV, eh.
Evil Reigns!!!!