The Raven Speaks

Books, movies, television and everything else
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

The Raven Speaks

Post by Isabella »

I'd known that ravens could imitate human speech for a while, but only just now have I seen a video of one actually speaking. For all those who've wondered what a speaking raven sounds like, I present you with this blog post: http://www.birdchick.com/wp/2010/10/tal ... en-videos/

As an extra bonus here's a speaking starling, which has a half strangled whispering sort of voice that can be just a little disturbing in the right circumstances :) :
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
Loethadai the Lurker
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Re: The Raven Speaks

Post by Loethadai the Lurker »

I've never heard a Raven speak before, but having spent several months in England, I did however finally understand why Poe wrote about them. American Ravens are tiny compared to that of the English Raven. I'm talking over twice their size. Their beaks are huge, and nearly a full inch in diameter at the base, and I'm guessing about 2 1/2 inches in length. I can still remember walking to work each day, and getting the creeps as I passed by a few of them perched on a telephone wire. They just sat there.....watching. Creepy! Creepy! Creepy! LOL! :wink: