Changelings Part II: A Holiday In The Sun

Online roleplaying at the Café
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: Changelings Part II: A Holiday In The Sun

Post by VAN »

Catherine hands her waterskin at Halfierd and says with a grin:

"Trust me, if you are that thirsty now, you should have been dead if we were in another desert, walking as much as we did. Something is going on with this desert and the valley, but for once I'm happy that it happens."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Helfried accepts the waterskin and smiles. "I will have to take your word on that, my lady." He uncorks the skin and takes a draught. Re-corking the skin he hands it back to her. "Though our companion is Darkonian, I do fear for his potential discovery. I do not trust warlocks, but his magicks do serve us well. They would no doubt help to even the odds against such a foe as Rupart and his men."
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

As Seradon approaches the edge of the camp, he sees all is in confusion. Supplies are piled all around the place, and tents are being thrown up, though in no kind of order. He is a little nervous, however, as a number of the men seem to be watching in his direction, alerted, perhaps by the falling stones. He can hear conversation, and it seems he and his friends are on people's minds. The plan appears to be to camp here for a day or two by which time you will have died of thirst, and then return to plunder the ruins.

filching supplies will be risky...
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

A puzzled looks steals over Helfrieds face like a passing shadow. Looking to Catherine, it is quite obvious that he has become concerned over something.
"Strange." He says. "The other day the heat of this place affected me more greatly than is does today. It did not come to mind until you gave me a drink of your waterskin. I haven't been really thirsty all day. I simply assumed I should be."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"See, that's what I was trying to say, we should have been way more thirsty than we are. Don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy we don't fight over a drop of water, just I found it strange and something we might should be concerned later on. Who knows what other strange effects will have this place to us."

Looking down at the camp and the slightly alerted men Catherine frowns and says:

"I'm afraid it will not be easy for Seradon to take supplies and come back here unnoticed. Rupert's men not seem that much relaxed."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Helfried follows Catherine's gaze down to the camp below. "If our Darkonian get's himself discovered, what do you propose we do? We are outnumbered, but their camp is disorganized. There are a few weak points that may be exploited. Though I do not believe we could defeat so many even with such a sloppy camp."
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Seradon frowns. Rupert's men seem to be alert. He decides to make a distraction. Taking CoCo out of his robes he whispers to the rodent to go to a big stack that is crudely tied together and start eating the rope so that the stack would collapse and attract attention. Seradon plans to use the distraction to steal some water and supplies while Rupert's men are trying to figure what's happening in the confusion.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Seradon's plan has considerable success. Almost more than he might hope!

As the rope snaps, the poorly piled goods slide in an avalanche over a nearby dice game. The resulting brawl soon encompasses much off the camp, with Rupert's efforts to control the situation only resulting in being sucked into it. Seradon is able to recover some supplies and water, although on one occasion he is knocked flying as a hurled thug slams into him. Luckily, the fellow seems too dazed to realise what has happened...
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Watching the ensuing melee, Helfried shakes his head in disbelief. "Bloody witches, I don't know what he did but it's working."
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Seradon happily rushes to the others while the brawl is ongoing, CoCo again safely tucked under his robes. A few yards away from their hiding spot, hidden from the vantage point of the bandits he lets his invisibility spell drop. Smiling he passes food and water around to his allies.
"I have some good news along with supplies" was the first thing he told the other two. "In case you missed the action from up here, I had CoCo, my familiar, cut some ropes to make a pile of stolen goods tumble. The tumble crushed on a dice game, turning the whole thing to a brawl not even Rupert was able to stop. I think that shows clearly how the bandits feel about each other"

"So, the question is, what we do now? Personally, I would prefer to find some shade and rest. As far as the bandits go, I believe they don't like being close to the ruin and they have little to no discipline. Perhaps we could use the cover of the night and Catherine's skills to start another brawl. A couple of strategically placed silver pieces could start another brawl I think, perhaps even draw blood. Or we could use tricks charlatans use to spook them, make them nervous and while they're jumping at shadows, we could bring justice to a couple thinning their numbers"
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Catherine holds her breath as sees the brawl hoping Seradon't isn't caught in it. Seeing the darkonian return safe and having stolen supplies as well, she cannot help her smile.

"Great job, and very useful information. I'm leaning toward the second option. The bandits know that they are close to a cursed city so spook them should be easier. With you magic, CoCo and my skills we may indeed get a great result. We can for example let loose the camels, cut the rope and set them free. If we find a shelter we can hide the camels there and use them ourselves to return to the town. Maybe we can also start a fire or poison their food and water so if we get to fight them at least they will not be at their full strength. Now about how to spooky them well we can make things move or hide or make strange noises."
- W H A T ! ? !
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Helfried listens intently, obviously on board with the plan the other two are scheming.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

"The problem with stealing and hiding the camels is that they're easy to track. As for spooky noises and moving things around, I can do that, as I can create a cloud of thick vapor that would nearly block their visibility. Poisoning their food..." Seradon makes a grimace "I don't know, it doesn't seem very honorable to me."
Helfried, are you good with bow or crossbow? In case we manage to get our hands to one such weapon you could provide ranged support in case we need it."

Seradon scans the terrain.
"We have some supplies now and the bandits are none the wiser about our presence. I believe we should find a place to hide and rest as the first step. One that's easy to defend but also offers a route to escape would be ideal, but even a hole in the rock that would provide some shade from the sun and refuge from prying eyes would be good I think"
Standing, he dusts himself off and tries to find a place that he could rest from the night's ordeals.
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Sounds like a plan, we will find a safe place to spend the rest of the night and when we are up we will discuss the details."

Catherine looks around with experienced eyes trying to find a good shelter.
Last edited by VAN on Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- W H A T ! ? !
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

"I am adequately skilled in the use of a bow. As a matter of fact I have my own. If you need ranged support, you will have it."