Javenloft OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
patthelost
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Javenloft OOC

Post by patthelost »

Yeah so I disappeared for a few days and this place is abuzz, I come back and apparently scare everyone off! Was it something I said? :cry:
Rexleith
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rexleith »

No sir. I've been working everyday and I'm pretty sure Jay has been as well. I need to get a post up. I'm hoping for some time after work tomorrow. I need to get back into the conversations with everyones' characters. 8)
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

I'll get me post up soon... Busy Weekend...
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Still alive. Went bowling with dad for a joint birthday party on his side of family. He took a spill out on the lane so the last half of bowling wasn't as fun for him, but I know he still enjoyed it. My Grandpa at the end bowled the highest out of all the games.

Got a book set to fill in some spaces of Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. Can't wait to read it, since I loved the book Ender's Game and the movie while changed a few minor things it was perfect and they kept the story moving. Too bad some of the minor character's didn't get to shine as much as I feel they did in the book. :D Harrison ford did GREAT as General Graff.
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
patthelost
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by patthelost »

Fuckin bloodlusting! I am so pissed right now i cant even not bitch on a damn gae forum that is supposed to be listless fun! Ug people just suck so bad i cant even catch my breath... UG!

Anyways, ive been back and checking in but there seems to be a hold here but i just might have a little filler post to throw up when i get my head stop spinning in hateful madness.

PLUS! I started playing Commander on Sundays as well as FNM so my weekend hours are definatly getting fuller all the time! But Comander is a BADASS format! Haveing much fun with this ;)
Anyways, i think imma throw a little somethin up soon as tonight or the morning, but i cant really progress the overall arc, so im alive and well and living in hell and waiting for the back to gaming bell! :lucas: :wink: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :diamabel: :azalin: :mrgreen: :oops: :ankhtepot: :lament: :Brain: :banshee: :arijani:
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

Sorry PJ. I've been a bit nuts lately myself... Can't seem to keep hold of the reigns... But no more excuses... I'm working on a post. I'll hopefully have it up by tomorrow. ;)

Hope you are feeling better too...
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

patthelost wrote:Fuckin bloodlusting! I am so pissed right now i cant even not bitch on a damn gae forum that is supposed to be listless fun! Ug people just suck so bad i cant even catch my breath... UG!

Anyways, ive been back and checking in but there seems to be a hold here but i just might have a little filler post to throw up when i get my head stop spinning in hateful madness.

PLUS! I started playing Commander on Sundays as well as FNM so my weekend hours are definatly getting fuller all the time! But Comander is a BADASS format! Haveing much fun with this ;)
Anyways, i think imma throw a little somethin up soon as tonight or the morning, but i cant really progress the overall arc, so im alive and well and living in hell and waiting for the back to gaming bell! :lucas: :wink: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :diamabel: :azalin: :mrgreen: :oops: :ankhtepot: :lament: :Brain: :banshee: :arijani:

Sounds good. xD

Yeah been waiting myself. Though might just make up an NPC to interact with just to kind of keep some movement. Maybe just between PC's or something. xD

Edit: No Rush jay if you just give us a lay of the land i'm sure we can continue with ourselves for a few posts, i just don't want to mess any scenes you might have up by saying we meet with the man in charge or something. XD

Ryan Naylor
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ryan Naylor »

I guess we're all waiting for the plot train to take us to the next station.

I can wait. Life gets in the way sometimes.
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Just means I can continue to watch your Pathfinder topic like a hawk for additions.... :lucas:

Ryan Naylor
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ryan Naylor »

Today is Wednesday, the day of updates. :)
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Filler post that I tried skirting my way around actually saying anything useful. XD

Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Will post in response soon. :D Hiregaad huh? He doesn't seem happy that we are here perhaps if we clear the keep it will change his mind? xD.

Felix would want to clear the castle because of his fascination with the dead.

Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

Some more NPC info for everyone to chew on...

Steiner Hiregaard
A nephew of Duke Tristen Hiregaard himself, Steiner is tall with a muscular frame. His hair and waxed mustache are black. His eyes are blue. You come to find that he is in his late thirties, although he appears to be in his twenties...

Phillip & Vegaard
Steiner's servants. They appear to be seasoned warriors, but they are obviously of common stock, and treated as such... Welcome to Nova Vaasa!

Morten Boragaard
Morten comes from the Boragaard line, one of the most powerful families in the Elendighedmark (or Plains of Misery). Morten is of average height and slightly portly. He has black hair and brown eyes. His mustache is thinner than those of the others, making him appear a touch dastardly, but he is very friendly, even to servants (ahem... The PCs...)... He is exited at the prospect of gaining riches through sponsoring Darkonian traders...

Egil Haaland
Egil is ranked among Nova Vaasa's extremely small middle class. Only the most successful merchants can call themselves such... Egil is friendly but he is not interested in having idle conversations. He only wants to strike deals that will fill his coffers to overflowing with gold... He never takes financial risks... Ironically, his relationship with the Darkonians, specifically the King of Darkon, is blatantly a contradiction of his own "rule".

Alf, Brage, & Laars
Three tough looking commoners. They serve Egil, primarily as hired muscle...

Jakome
According to Nyx (Baukis's quickling courier), Jakome (another mysterious servant of Azalin), who is not present at the campsite, has been preparing Castle Windbluff for your arrival. The former diplomat in residence was named Tuomas Varjo. Contrary to Steiner's claim, he did not die from a curse. In fact, he didn't even die in within the walls of Castle Windbluff. He was murdered! More specifically, he was shot in the back of the head with a crossbow. He had been on one of his nightly forays to Liara, and after an evening's debauchery at one of the city's infamous brothels, he was struck dead by a nameless assassin... Baukis had volunteered this bit of information on the last leg of the journey...

Iddawg the Groundskeeper & Ellie the Maid
Native Darkonians, and fearless servants, who have lived in the Groaning Keep with Jakome for some time now. They aided Jakome in his task of making the crumbling and haunted keep "liveable" for you all...
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Interesting... so going over what languages everyone has I'm seeing that....

Obergg, Null, and Felix have Vassi at least. So got a good number of translators. Over the upcoming year Obergg looks like he could stir up quiet a bit of rumors depending on the size of the nearby town, city ect with bluff checks. Luckily he naturally speaks the language for that too.

Anyone have any ideas of what might help us by spread rumors around?

For anyone that doesn't know about Nova Vassa, the general theme (to me) is that the rich step on the poor. There is Upper class and lower class, middle is very small. I'd like for us to hopefully get somewhere above the lower class but that probably would be hard considering I don't think any of us are of noble birth or anything like that nor have amazed tons of gold. xD (This might be were a few choice rumors might come in handy depending on Obergg :P)

Right now for this scene, I would suggest Obergg since he has a high charisma and is a very chatty one try to chat up the guys for more information. Since Morten is friendly to PC's or seemingly friendly, anyone can probably talk to him (some might need a translator, and Felix would be willing to translate for anyone that has questions including the newbies. :))

Obviously something shady happened to the prior guy if Baukis was sent and I'm sure if we could find out any additional information for ourself it might be good, maybe we might find out something baukis doesn't know. xD

Any comments, concerns, ideas, or suggestions?

Rexleith
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rexleith »

I'm completely on board with what you've mentioned Mat.

Funny enough, Kamose grew up well off. He doesn't really see that side of his family though (mothers side). They are not of Nova Vaasa either; Not that they don't have connections here. Just something I never established within his history.