Hazlan, Land of Monsters OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Hazlan, Land of Monsters OOC

Post by Kaitou Kage »

Altan firebended that ghost into submission. We'll be doing a post in the next [time period that is not tonight]
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

[dice]0[/dice]
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

[dice]0[/dice]
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Anyone got any holy water on them?
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

That would be a DC 11 Preparedness Roll, so... probably (and that's before figuring that we have three clerics here).
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Well, if so, I vote we put the metal bit in the holy water. That should keep any ghosts from getting uppity.
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

I'm against looting the tomb, but it does raise a question: Is Rojan's sword magic? Because otherwise he's going to be quite literally useless.
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

I likewise vote against tomb-looting. Not that I'm against swiping everything not nailed down, but robbing a grave in the most haunted place in Ravenloft, and a 5th rank Sinkhole of Evil to boot, is Darwin Award territory.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

He is carrying an (enchanted) quarterstaff and enchanted slingstones.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Not the best, but it'll have to do. If we do leave, everyone remember to shut the coffin lid. Wouldn't want his ghost re-manifesting and grousing about a draft.
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

Knowledge (Local) +11
[dice]0[/dice]

31! Is this significant?
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

NeoTiamat wrote:Knowledge (Local) +11
[dice]200669:0[/dice]

31! Is this significant?
H'm. Let's say that it is. In honor of the natural 20, you will get a boatload of information! Apparently Lena has long been a fan of the bagpipes and is a bit of an aficionado!

The sound is of Forfarian dronepipes; the song is The Calling of the Clans, the traditional song for gathering the clans of Forfar for war. (It's been outlawed in Barovia.)

Extra information from the high roll: 1) Playing the dronepipes at all is difficult; playing them well requires years of practice. Whoever is playing this is a master.

2) Lena is pretty sure she can make out five drones. Ordinary dronepipes only have three. That, plus the sheer volume of the sound, plus the song, hints that these are war pipes (much bigger, carried in front of the player rather than under the arm) rather than ordinary dronepipes. War pipes haven't been commonly played since the Time of Troubles and are widely supposed to be extinct as a musical instrument.

Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nerit »

Sorry guys, getting better, which is definitely good news, but computer usage is the absolute worst thing I can do, mostly the mouse. I'm transitioning into more ergonomic equipment, as well as voice recognition, but it really sucks.

You may remember this happened four years ago, and I did recover, but obviously this is a chronic, ongoing issue called RSI.

So, things will be slow for a while.
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

On Tuesday I will be heading out to New York and have no idea if I will have internet access. I might, but if not I'll be gone for a week.
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Hi all. My dad is visiting. Will post early Monday.