A Ravenloft Podcast?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Re: A Ravenloft Podcast?

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

I am willing to make this happen, if the Sinister Six are okay with it.

Like, to set up a wordpress page with the relevant info, and possibly, some downloads, that's no Level-9-spell. :)

What do you think about a "Blood o' the Vine"-podcast?
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

While I'm not positive we could host the podcast, I don't think it would be impossible.

As for a name, it really needs to have "Ravenloft" somewhere in it. So it can show up on a search.
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

If it's quality driven, there is no problem for us hosting it!

On a technical point of view, we'll need Zoltan for the web golem, but I think it could be feasible.

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Le Noir Faineant

Jester of the FoS wrote:While I'm not positive we could host the podcast, I don't think it would be impossible.

As for a name, it really needs to have "Ravenloft" somewhere in it. So it can show up on a search.

Sure; name, program, etc wouldn't be the matter.

What I was suggesting would not be a podcast that requires a lot of preparation, though - more like a voice-chat get-together for people.

If that spawns a "real" podcast, eventually, that would be nice, but I'd rather not commit to such a project right now.

Not because I would not like to, but because I think other people might get it done better than I would. :)
Le Noir Faineant

Joël of the FoS wrote:If it's quality driven, there is no problem for us hosting it!

On a technical point of view, we'll need Zoltan for the web golem, but I think it could be feasible.

Joël
What would you like to have in such a podcast? :)

I feel like, given how diverse RL really is, one could likely only scratch the surface anyway.
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

I could tell you I wouldn't mind doing a chat room on Skype just for when the people are on. It's quicker communication than forums.

Also! For an actual informational podcast it would be cool if we could have interviews with the "Six" asking them a bunch of questions and opinions. Maybe just like a 10 minute interview. *shrugs* It's an idea :P
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
Le Noir Faineant

Fair enough. :) The problem I see with a podcast "show" would really be, this makes some DMs' approach look more legit than another's.

I'd rather not have that. Conversation, exchange of info, yeah, but not "telling people how it's done". :)

But, yeah, a voice chat, say, once per month, why not?
Joël of the FoS

A chat room is fun, but its conversations are not permanent. A large part of the fun of these boards is the conversation archives.

But a once a month chat, or so, would be fun.

We could even put a suggested discussion topic in advance, and see how it goes from there.

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Joël of the FoS

Le Noir Faineant wrote:
Joël of the FoS wrote:If it's quality driven, there is no problem for us hosting it!

Joël
What would you like to have in such a podcast? :)

I feel like, given how diverse RL really is, one could likely only scratch the surface anyway.
I think the art of Podcast is finding interesting topics.

We could for example review some adventures, discuss a domain, discuss the 4e era Ravenloft, discuss a movie/book and how it could be plundered for a RL game, etc.

Joël
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

I'd definately be up for listening in on that. :P

Not sure if you can save or archive sound files of the chat in skype. You might be able to I've just never done it.

(Besides other people's oppinions on what to get is always helpful when looking through the vast 'i do not have this ravenloft product' yet. xD
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
Le Noir Faineant

Make a program, set a date, and I'll be in. :)

Probably, we should plan a first skype meetup just for the planning? :)
Lost Heretic
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Lost Heretic »

Might I suggest using google hangouts "On Air?" That way hosting isn't an issue, and the chat is easily saved for posterity.

I am, as always, available for technical consultation regarding podcasts.
Darker Days Radio - The World of Darkness Podcast
Le Noir Faineant

:lucas:

Brilliant idea.

Why not set on a date, and then look how/what/if a longer podcast makes sense? :)
vachtor
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by vachtor »

While browsing the forum archives for information I could steal for my campaign, I stumbled across this topic. If I fail a powers check for conducting thread necromancy, I'll gladly take my "gift".

With the number of D&D podcasts out there that involve people actually playing the game (nerd poker, the adventure zone, Chris Perkins and the Acquisitions Inc group, etc.) would there be any interest in having a podcast that wasn't just about discussing Ravenloft, but actually in running a game in Ravenloft?

Any thoughts?
Have fun,

V
Le Noir Faineant

I'd still be down for this, even though my own gaming interests have evolved a bit away from RL - meaning that I don't run a regular game in RL any more. But with a good structure, and minimal technical support, this still could work, and pretty well. :)