Also the whip can be used like a rope if you think about it, for climbing.ewancummins wrote:Right-o.tarlyn wrote:Zilfer wrote:^According to this ruling she would know everything though, is what I think Ewan is trying to say. (Everything that is thief based we can use) It looks like you and me just did an extra step of picking specific weapons we were familiar with when we don't have to.
Actually my weapons were by choice, not familiarity.It is what she knows how to and wants to use. And she uses her weapons in her trade, not to fight.
Whip to whip guard dogs back from her, knife for prying stuff open?
POVERO Campaign OOC
Re: P N Elrod
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
Re: P N Elrod
Good times
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Re: P N Elrod
Told you she will be a lot of fun.
Re: P N Elrod
Can I keep the kit Ewan?
Also do you allow multi-class? Tom has 15 STR he can be fighter-thief so he can use a shield too in melee. The armor will be same of course, no money and I don't want more penalties anyway on the thief skills.
Also do you allow multi-class? Tom has 15 STR he can be fighter-thief so he can use a shield too in melee. The armor will be same of course, no money and I don't want more penalties anyway on the thief skills.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
Re: P N Elrod
Short answer:VAN wrote:Can I keep the kit Ewan?
Also do you allow multi-class? Tom has 15 STR he can be fighter-thief so he can use a shield too in melee. The armor will be same of course, no money and I don't want more penalties anyway on the thief skills.
Half elf can be a fighter/thief. No problem.
No kit.
But you get two bonus slots if we do it the way I described above (no votes against, multiple for, I RULE IT IS NOW OFFICIAL.)
So two slots comes out the same as what a kit would give. The kit becomes pointless.
But feel free to describe him as an investigator. Keep the concept.
(Nite that the kit has nothing special beyond NWPs. No special hindrance or bonus)
Note that multiclass fighters DO NOT get weapon specialization. But they can wear any armor and use any weapon.
Also pay normal cost for warrior group NWPs.
Last edited by ewancummins on Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
Re: P N Elrod
tarlyn wrote:Told you she will be a lot of fun.
Burgle
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
Re: P N Elrod
SO
WE HAVE
GNOME FIGHTER WITH BOOMSTICK AND SHORTSWORD
HALF ELF FIGHTER/THIEF WITH HUNTING DOG
HUMAN THIEF WITH WHIP
HUMAN MAGE WITH STUDENT DEBT
HUMAN THIEF WHO RIPPED OFF THE COIN COLLECTING COUNT
HUMAN CLERIC OF THE SPEAKER IN STORMS
Somebody played by JMatyr
WE HAVE
GNOME FIGHTER WITH BOOMSTICK AND SHORTSWORD
HALF ELF FIGHTER/THIEF WITH HUNTING DOG
HUMAN THIEF WITH WHIP
HUMAN MAGE WITH STUDENT DEBT
HUMAN THIEF WHO RIPPED OFF THE COIN COLLECTING COUNT
HUMAN CLERIC OF THE SPEAKER IN STORMS
Somebody played by JMatyr
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Re: P N Elrod
LOL I have to admit , wow, even back in Medieval times, Student Debt!!! Hats off to you, whoever you are lol.
- Zilfer
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 4231
- Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:14 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: WA (Land of lots of trees)
- Contact:
Re: P N Elrod
O.O I was wondering who Steve Flam was for a second... then i realized it was Tarlyn one of the longest standing members here. xD
Re: P N Elrod
Zilfer wrote:O.O I was wondering who Steve Flam was for a second... then i realized it was Tarlyn one of the longest standing members here. xD
Nah. Many more have been here before me dude!
Re: P N Elrod
Actually my kit was giving an extra 5% detect noise and -5 pickpocket. I keep these adjustments? 5% Detect noise is cool!
No probs for the specialization, I just wanted the shield so Tom can get in melee later (when he gets the shield) we have only one fighter. Most probably NWP I will keep the same since he will be basically a thief. But I will check warrior's as well. Need some time with the character sheet apparently!
When do you plan to start the game Ewan?
No probs for the specialization, I just wanted the shield so Tom can get in melee later (when he gets the shield) we have only one fighter. Most probably NWP I will keep the same since he will be basically a thief. But I will check warrior's as well. Need some time with the character sheet apparently!
When do you plan to start the game Ewan?
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
- alhoon
- Invisible Menace

- Posts: 9082
- Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:46 pm
- Location: Chania or Athens // Greece
Re: P N Elrod
I put Plumbing tools at 10gp, and each shot at 1gp.
- Attachments
-
- fild.rar
- (500 Bytes) Downloaded 213 times
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
Re: P N Elrod
Sure, keep the adjustments.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
Re: P N Elrod
We will start when BR has ended, or sooner if hat games runs longer than expected.VAN wrote:Actually my kit was giving an extra 5% detect noise and -5 pickpocket. I keep these adjustments? 5% Detect noise is cool!
No probs for the specialization, I just wanted the shield so Tom can get in melee later (when he gets the shield) we have only one fighter. Most probably NWP I will keep the same since he will be basically a thief. But I will check warrior's as well. Need some time with the character sheet apparently!
When do you plan to start the game Ewan?
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Re: P N Elrod
Great I have time then because I will be away for a week.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!

