POVERO Campaign OOC
- alhoon
- Invisible Menace

- Posts: 9082
- Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:46 pm
- Location: Chania or Athens // Greece
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Show me that tru wuv can't exist:
[dice]0[/dice]
Success. So? What's the insight?
[dice]0[/dice]
Success. So? What's the insight?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
- alhoon
- Invisible Menace

- Posts: 9082
- Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:46 pm
- Location: Chania or Athens // Greece
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Aldon's plan is elopement... I already see dozens of problems for this to work. Namely, every wizard\cleric that can cast scry is a problem for this plan.
Once we take Elissa from her chaperone we HAVE to move fast for the wedding.
Once we take Elissa from her chaperone we HAVE to move fast for the wedding.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
So 100 gp and an extra 50. Enough to say, buy a house or something at any rate.
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Indeed, he said you had to move fast. A day and a night.alhoon wrote: Once we take Elissa from her chaperone we HAVE to move fast for the wedding.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
alhoon wrote:Show me that tru wuv can't exist:
[dice]223310:0[/dice]
Success. So? What's the insight?
VIEW CONTENT:
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
- alhoon
- Invisible Menace

- Posts: 9082
- Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:46 pm
- Location: Chania or Athens // Greece
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Good.
A day and a night is actually as much as I think we would have before the army of hired wizards and clerics prepare locate spells and find us.
Do we know how customs view non-virgin women? I.e. if they spend a night together after eloping, most would assume they consummated their love even if they are not married. Would that lower Elissa's prospects to marry someone worthy?
Aldon is a good lad. Not sure if his plan WON'T lead to blood; he's too optimistic that the families will just "accept" the marriage and seek to negotiate afterwards. I find it equally possible that they will just turn on their in-laws to make widows after their heirs before they force-marry them.
NOTE: That's actually NOT Fild's concerns. Fild thinks that since Aldron thinks it will work, it will work, sharing his optimism.
A day and a night is actually as much as I think we would have before the army of hired wizards and clerics prepare locate spells and find us.
Do we know how customs view non-virgin women? I.e. if they spend a night together after eloping, most would assume they consummated their love even if they are not married. Would that lower Elissa's prospects to marry someone worthy?
Aldon is a good lad. Not sure if his plan WON'T lead to blood; he's too optimistic that the families will just "accept" the marriage and seek to negotiate afterwards. I find it equally possible that they will just turn on their in-laws to make widows after their heirs before they force-marry them.
NOTE: That's actually NOT Fild's concerns. Fild thinks that since Aldron thinks it will work, it will work, sharing his optimism.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Noted.alhoon wrote:Good.
A day and a night is actually as much as I think we would have before the army of hired wizards and clerics prepare locate spells and find us.
Do we know how customs view non-virgin women? I.e. if they spend a night together after eloping, most would assume they consummated their love even if they are not married. Would that lower Elissa's prospects to marry someone worthy?
Aldon is a good lad. Not sure if his plan WON'T lead to blood; he's too optimistic that the families will just "accept" the marriage and seek to negotiate afterwards. I find it equally possible that they will just turn on their in-laws to make widows after their heirs before they force-marry them.
NOTE: That's actually NOT Fild's concerns. Fild thinks that since Aldron thinks it will work, it will work, sharing his optimism.
If they elope and a priest of the city performs and registers the marriage, then a binding contract exists by Poveran law. They would be married in the eyes of gods and men. This is Aldron's plan. Not just running off to meet by night, but actually getting married in an irregular but binding way. Then, for either family to negate the marriage would be like cancelling any other serious legal contract --a pain in the neck and a source of scandal. Contracts are taken quite seriously in POVERO.
Her virginity is indeed a thing to be guarded. People might indeed assume it had been lost if she ran away with Richard for more than a night. That loss would lower her prospects.
But a big dowry can overcome a family's doubts about such stuff.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
I am presuming Alphonse or Titus can perform a marriage ceremony?
Forget which one is a priest lol
Forget which one is a priest lol
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
RE possible outcomes of the proposed adventure/job: I can't comment too much on this subject for the obvious reason that this would make the game less fun.
Last edited by ewancummins on Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Titus is.steveflam wrote:I am presuming Alphonse or Titus can perform a marriage ceremony?
Forget which one is a priest lol
He's not registered formally as a priest of the city, though he might be able to make that happen soon.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
- alhoon
- Invisible Menace

- Posts: 9082
- Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:46 pm
- Location: Chania or Athens // Greece
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Didn't read the above, but if I may suggest... do you mind putting it in a spoiler tag with a "SPOILERS!" thing above it so I don't accidentally read it? I kinda don't want to know if my doom and gloom predictions are going to come true or what are the chances of them coming true etc.ewancummins wrote:RE possible outcomes of the proposed adventure/job:VIEW CONTENT:
Last edited by alhoon on Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
So, if I get this right :
We, as a party, need to separate/get her away from her bodyguards - don't kill them. And bring her to a predestined place, as Aldron is going to take care of the "Richard" side..
That a bout sums it up?
We, as a party, need to separate/get her away from her bodyguards - don't kill them. And bring her to a predestined place, as Aldron is going to take care of the "Richard" side..
That a bout sums it up?
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
steveflam wrote:So, if I get this right :
We, as a party, need to separate/get her away from her bodyguards - don't kill them. And bring her to a predestined place, as Aldron is going to take care of the "Richard" side..
That a bout sums it up?
Yes.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
There were no spoilers in it, and no estimation of the chance of success. It was a general note to the effect that this isn't a railroad module. But I've trimmed it down further for you, ALhoon.alhoon wrote:
Didn't read the above, but if I may suggest... do you mind putting it in a spoiler tag with a "SPOILERS!" thing above it so I don't accidentally read it? I kinda don't want to know if my doom and gloom predictions are going to come true or what are the chances of them coming true etc.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
- alhoon
- Invisible Menace

- Posts: 9082
- Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:46 pm
- Location: Chania or Athens // Greece
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Oh, sorry! Didn't mean to be a pain. You have a panel for that. 
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
