POVERO Campaign OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace
Posts: 9082
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:46 pm
Location: Chania or Athens // Greece

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Post by alhoon »

As an OOC but still important note: I just defended successfully my Ph.D. Thesis. I finished my Ph.D. and soon I'll be declared dr by the University ("soon" is after the university goes again in full gear after the summer).
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Post by steveflam »

alhoon wrote:As an OOC but still important note: I just defended successfully my Ph.D. Thesis. I finished my Ph.D. and soon I'll be declared dr by the University ("soon" is after the university goes again in full gear after the summer).
Congrats A!
User avatar
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace
Posts: 9082
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:46 pm
Location: Chania or Athens // Greece

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Post by alhoon »

alhoon wrote:As an OOC but still important note: I just defended successfully my Ph.D. Thesis. I finished my Ph.D. and soon I'll be declared dr by the University ("soon" is after the university goes again in full gear after the summer).
Because this comment provoked questions about what it means for me, I'll reply in simple terms everyone here would understand:

In Povero, I would be above Alfonse in social standing. :) I would be MMC and Aldron would be addressing me.

What it means in me financially is... nothing. I would be a really poor MMC (i.e. LMC but other intellectuals would vehemently protest against this although secretly they would consider me LMC as well).
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Post by steveflam »

alhoon wrote:
alhoon wrote:As an OOC but still important note: I just defended successfully my Ph.D. Thesis. I finished my Ph.D. and soon I'll be declared dr by the University ("soon" is after the university goes again in full gear after the summer).
Because this comment provoked questions about what it means for me, I'll reply in simple terms everyone here would understand:

In Povero, I would be above Alfonse in social standing. :) I would be MMC and Aldron would be addressing me.

What it means in me financially is... nothing. I would be a really poor MMC (i.e. LMC but other intellectuals would vehemently protest against this although secretly they would consider me LMC as well).
I asked Van on FB about it,, well man, congrats!
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:
alhoon wrote:As an OOC but still important note: I just defended successfully my Ph.D. Thesis. I finished my Ph.D. and soon I'll be declared dr by the University ("soon" is after the university goes again in full gear after the summer).
Because this comment provoked questions about what it means for me, I'll reply in simple terms everyone here would understand:

In Povero, I would be above Alfonse in social standing. :) I would be MMC and Aldron would be addressing me.

What it means in me financially is... nothing. I would be a really poor MMC (i.e. LMC but other intellectuals would vehemently protest against this although secretly they would consider me LMC as well).
But you can cast spells now.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace
Posts: 9082
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:46 pm
Location: Chania or Athens // Greece

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Post by alhoon »

I wouldn't call them spells, but if I evaluated with good precision the reserves of an area fast and efficiently you wouldn't know the difference. ;)
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
User avatar
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden
Posts: 6649
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:53 am
Location: Italy // Greece

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Post by VAN »

Do I need to roll animal training for Gem to guard the cabin?
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Post by steveflam »

ewan, I will remove those items from my sheet as Gertie did give them to the Elissa.

Is there someplace we can heat water?
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Post by ewancummins »

steveflam wrote:ewan, I will remove those items from my sheet as Gertie did give them to the Elissa.

Is there someplace we can heat water?
A search reveals an iron pot on the floor. You can heat it in the fireplace. That will make some smoke, of course.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:Do I need to roll animal training for Gem to guard the cabin?
Is guard one of the tricks you already have recorded/noted?

If so, yes.

If not, he will guard on command without a roll.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 3742
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:24 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Post by Adam »

I think we need to go back to Aldron and tell him that things went tits up, but I'm also thinking we'd better be on our guard. They knew we were coming, so somebody in the know tipped them off. It could have been our employer.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Post by ewancummins »

I see guard and attack on the list.

It works. The dog will certainly bark at intruders, even without training.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Post by ewancummins »

QUESTIONS


Alfonse, Tom, and Gertie:

How much sleep do they hope to get? (Alfonse needs rest to prepare spells again the next day.)
Eat?
Will they try to get things from the Frisky Friar (it seems doubtful they would carry all their worlds possessions on the burglary/elopement/kidnapping job-- though they do not own a ton of stuff. Rations might have been left behind,mshare clothing, blankets, etc. ).
Contact any NPCs?
Any plan to get in touch with their missing companions?


FILD AND TITUS

Are FILD and Titus hanging around to meet the dogs and whoever is coming with them? If not, where are they going to go?
Assuming they are not killed or captured, what are their plans for the night and the next morning? If they have no plans, let me know.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Post by steveflam »

Gertie can go back and get their stuff.
User avatar
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden
Posts: 6649
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:53 am
Location: Italy // Greece

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Post by VAN »

I think we should sleep/rest 8 hours so Alfonse can get spells. Is there is food in the cabin so we can eat?

Gem can probably track the others if Gertie gets Fild's or Titus clothes to Tom.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Post Reply