LOST TRAILS OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: LOST TRAILS OOC

Post by Adam »

kintire wrote:So subtlety is something that other people do, right? :P
Whatever it takes to get out of this primitive poop hole, Benn's in for it.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

alhoon wrote:And after 2 posts in a row I just realized that... nobody said out loud "These cards can read the future like Tarokka ones or summon illusions or conjure things". I am not sure Bennedict informed us of what he knows about such things.

Hence the "I offer to draw a card, I am sure it's illusions!" is completely out of place since Raen, unless I missed it somewhere, doesn't know that these cards can bring illusions.

What I am playing him here is more or less "I don't believe this is magical deck, I believe someone used an illusionary mark to change their aura to seem like a powerful magic item and then snuck them in that box of curiosities."

Still, I didn't change my posts in case Benn or Klokulf have informed us - I just added that the whole misunderstanding is redundant if we get a pearl to use identify.
"Will this deck of cards get me home?"
"No?"
"Then I don't care."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:
"Will this deck of cards get me home?"
"No?"
"Then I don't care."
Goal, Benn has it.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Whatever it takes to get out of this primitive poop hole, Benn's in for it
Currently I believe our best option is to obtain this orb and trade it to the cult of Leira for information on how to get back. Telling the orbs owner of our our interest in it certainly makes that more... exciting.

Is there any opportunity for others to look into the orb? If so, Kat takes it.
Wolfglide of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Wolfglide of the Fraternity »

kintire wrote:Is there any opportunity for others to look into the orb? If so, Kat takes it.
Klokulf would be interested as well, given the chance. Among other things, he would like to see the face of Thorodus' agent in Phlan.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

I have added scenes for Katrin and Klokulf, updated everything, and back filled a bit of dialogue from Cadorna that Benn would have missed but others would have heard if they were paying attention.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Just saw this... Raen would also be interested to check of course. He's a wizard and he's curious.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:Just saw this... Raen would also be interested to check of course. He's a wizard and he's curious.
And that's why Master Cadorna wants to make him wait a bit. :lucas:

Salesmanship, son.

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

kintire wrote:
Currently I believe our best option is to obtain this orb and trade it to the cult of Leira for information on how to get back. Telling the orbs owner of our our interest in it certainly makes that more... exciting.

On the other hand, now that we know what it looks like, it'll be easier to create a forgery to put in its place.
Wolfglide of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Wolfglide of the Fraternity »

Adam wrote:
kintire wrote:

On the other hand, now that we know what it looks like, it'll be easier to create a forgery to put in its place.
We get a fishbowl, fill it with pink gas, stuff the deck of ivory plaques inside to fake a strong magic aura, then put it all in a replica of the strongbox. Even if they see through it, the lying priests might appreciate and be amused by the attempt at dishonesty---mayhap after they punish us, that is.

In my head, I keep drawing a connection between the Orb of Savras and the piece of Maerlyn's Rainbow from The Dark Tower IV: Wizard and Glass.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Wolfglide wrote: On the other hand, now that we know what it looks like, it'll be easier to create a forgery to put in its place.
We get a fishbowl, fill it with pink gas, stuff the deck of ivory plaques inside to fake a strong magic aura, then put it all in a replica of the strongbox. Even if they see through it, the lying priests might appreciate and be amused by the attempt at dishonesty---mayhap after they punish us, that is.

In my head, I keep drawing a connection between the Orb of Savras and the piece of Maerlyn's Rainbow from The Dark Tower IV: Wizard and Glass.[/quote]

You're not the only one.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Theophilus listen dc 10

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

sense motive dc 20

Never mind...

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Adam wrote:"I do have to admit," Bennedict says, "It's been some time since I was on a true monster hunt. This was more-or-less my specialty in Pont. It will be nice to do something a bit more familiar."

"As the old monster hunter taught us, the first order of business is to learn everything we can about the quarry. I'll look into academic sources. Something tells me Kat will be more effective digging into the 'word on the street.' I'd recommend sailors who would normally be plying those waters. I've always found them to be surprisingly knowledgable, so long as you take everything with the appropriate grains of salt. In the meantime, those less inclined for that sort of work can offer their services to help protect the merchant from whatever gruesome fate is coming for him. Seem like a good compromise?"
And true to pattern, somehow Benn will end up being menaced by the dragon alone inside the library.