It is back!!! What we do know about VR Guide to Ravenloft?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: It is back!!! What we do know about VR Guide to Ravenlof

Post by Zilfer »

Black Dice Society Spoilers below if that matters to anyone. :)

Gonzoron I can probably tell you a tiny bit of what we saw in Black Dice Societies streams, Nepenthe is Isolde's sentient sword. Again take a grain of salt but the DM has said he's been trying to play it as close to the book as possible again to showcase what he could before it releases. Nepenthe seemed to be able to show a player a vision, and while I'm not sure may be causing Isolde to be very judgemental towards those who are "guilty". Making her an ally for sure, though if you have a blackened past you'll want to be careful around her sort of thing.

Other than that I don't think we got much more about Nepenthe, though I could go back and rewatch those parts. Needless to say the party left in haste on a mission they got from Isolde, and why they left in haste is because the GC decided to visit one of the players seeming to stop time to have a brief and private conversation with the player. (I'm assumine this is DM Fiat for the GC stopping time) Needless to say when the Player ended up trying to be forth coming about the event the DM rolled to see if she might recognize it was the GC, and almost immediately she assumed the PC to be working with the Caller, and was seemingly fighting with herself to see reason. (My Guess is that sentient sword wasn't helping matters.)
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Rock wrote:Cut me a little slack, please. ^^; Last I saw mention that Mordenheim had been genderbent was during the April Fool's incident.
Ah, I see, apologies.... that part was based on reality.

ETA: We've tried to split out all the April Fools shenanigans into its own thread. I don't think I've missed anything, but if so, let me know. Everything in this thread is, as far as we know, what's in the book. That includes gender swaps or possibly female relatives of: Dominic d'Honaire, Vlad Drakov, and Victor Mordenheim. (And Elise the flesh golem replacing Adam, which is either a gender swap of Adam, or a radical change to Elise, depending on how you look at it).
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

I'm hoping for the second. All that bloody tinkering Victor did to poor Elise must've done something - and I'd rather see her rampaging through the countryside, rather than metaphorically stuffed into the fridge.
Wolfglide of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Wolfglide of the Fraternity »

FiranDarcalus wrote:I really do not like that they have removed Azalin as Darklord; and he goes by his true name now (!!??), but in Tasha's Guide they still call him Azalin. Makes me wonder who the domain lord of Darkon is; they did not mention it in the table of contents, unlike the other domains. Weird! I guess Death is gone from the game as well. That's too bad....always rather liked ol' Mr Dachine
The Table of Contents mentions "Inheritors of Darkon" in the normal place a Darklord would seem to go, so it seems that several individuals have been given the reins in Azalin's absence. I am curious to see what that means.
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Maybe it's the same Demilords who ruled during Azalin's stay in the Grey Realm. Or maybe ... he actually did manage to revive Irik somehow, using his convoluted scheme with the Gentleman Caller's children, and that's what caused the Core to shatter into pieces.
Of course, Irik being Irik, he wouldn't be able to keep a realm like Darkon under his thumb. He wouldn't even really want to. So perhaps the Kargat leaders have taken up the reins of power.
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

I was imagining sort of, Kazandra, Dachine, and maybe a few other Kargat members ruling Darkon or trying to hold onto it. Maybe one section could be an actual 'good guy' or a relatively good guy but they are all veying for a part of the pie that is Darkon. As I've always seen it, Azalin's always been willing to sacrifice Darkon to achieve his goals so this doesn't ultimately surprise me.

Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

New artwork for the Weathermay-Foxgrove twins. I’ve no problem with the race swap, but why does Laurie have such terrible hair?
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005
Igor the Henchman
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Igor the Henchman »

Given how badass they look in that picture, I wouldn't dare say that to her face. :wink:
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

https://twitter.com/Wizards_DnD/status/ ... 1590221824

Yeah was coming to drop that exact link actually. Interestingly an eye patch, to hide a scar? or to hide a hidden ability/dark gift hmmm?

Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

It looks like Laurie is wearing a mask of some kind, so they maybe magical in origin?
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005
Leliel
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Leliel »

We have a spoiler in Forbes' preview on Dementlieu: https://www.forbes.com/sites/robwieland ... 5a080d34b8

And I have to say... I already like Saidra a bit better than her male counterpart.

Besides the Dark City and Masque of the Red Death inspirations, a vicious social maven and her unseen phantom assassins fit Renaissance France a lot better. Dominic's Dementlieu was never bad, but it was... confused. It seems like they had the setting first and a spare darklord, and they threw them together awkardly. Dementlieu was a good domain, never felt like Dominic's domain. To say nothing of his "hue hue, instant loss, hue hue" Domination making him not fun to interact with.

Saidra? Throw her description of "mistress of the weekly ball everyone wants to attend, and doing so without asking will get you disappeared", and she fits better even if everything else in the domain was copy-pasted.
I am The Archangel of Night.
I am the Guardian of Shadow
I am the Vindicator of the Unknown
I am..Leliel.
Igor the Henchman
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Igor the Henchman »

Is it me or does the picture make her look like a drow of some kind?
Dion of the Fraternity
Lurker Maximus
Lurker Maximus

Post by Dion of the Fraternity »

Polygon just released a preview of Har'Akir, though they got the darklord's name wrong.

Here's how the Pharaoh looks like now.
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Can anyone spare Ankhtepot a roll of bandages?
Resonant Curse
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Resonant Curse »

@Dion Where did you find the Project Pomegranate thing? There is no title on DM's Guild with that name.