New 2008 Ravenloft Novels (and comics)

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Mouseferatu
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Mouseferatu »

Matthew L. Martin wrote:Curiously, A Crown of Ashes has disappeared from Amazon's list of products available for pre-order. Ari, is something up?
For various marketing reasons--which I'd love to explain in more detail, but honestly I'm not allowed--both Crown of Ashes and my original, non-D&D novel Shades of Grey have been postponed until next year.

So as it stands now, I believe the release schedule for my novels is as follows:

March '09: Magic: The Gathering novel (I'm not even allowed to reveal the title yet, let alone what it's about).

July '09: Shades of Grey.

October '09: Crown of Ashes.

And yes, I'm frustrated as all hell about the delays. I understand the reasons for them, and it might even turn out for the best, but it's still unfortunate.
Ari Marmell
aka
Mouseferatu
--Rodent of the Dark

www.mouseferatu.com
Matthew L. Martin
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Matthew L. Martin »

Sorry to hear that; thanks for you are able to share with us.
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Ari, without me trying to find something we aren't privy to, can I ask: is is just a delay, or do we have to understand they will be marketed differently than as RL novels?

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Mouseferatu
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Mouseferatu »

Joël of the FoS wrote:Ari, without me trying to find something we aren't privy to, can I ask: is is just a delay, or do we have to understand they will be marketed differently than as RL novels?
I really wish I could give you an answer, be it positive or negative. But we're getting into stuff I can't talk about now, I'm afraid.
Ari Marmell
aka
Mouseferatu
--Rodent of the Dark

www.mouseferatu.com
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

ok, no prob!

keep us posted when you can,

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Lucius
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Lucius »

Mr. Ari Marmell revealed some sad news about "Black Crusade" in the ENworld boards:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread ... 297&page=4
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Very sad, but not entirely unexpected. Frankly, it was more shocking to hear that new RL novels were coming out with no game support than to hear that they aren't actually coming out.

Are we to assume the same is true of Mithras Court and Heaven's Bones? Both still show up on Amazon for fall pre-order, while Black Crusade/Crown of Ashes is gone.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

Lucius wrote:Mr. Ari Marmell revealed some sad news about "Black Crusade" in the ENworld boards:

Any chance you could copy the pertinent parts here? My work firewall will not let me look at EN World here on the job (or anything else that comes up as GAME, somehow this site isn't included), I'll have to wait 'till I get home to see it otherwise. :evil:
I only wish I had retired sooner!
Lucius
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Lucius »

Here is:

"Having just been told that it's okay, I can say that the other book that was canceled was Black Crusade.
--Rodent of the Dark"

Just the novel I most wanted to read from the "Ravenloft: Dominion" ones... :(
Lord Soth
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Soth »

Likewise. What a damn shame. :(
Man lives in the sunlit world
Of what he believes to be reality.
But, there is, unseen by most, an underworld,
A place that is just as real,
But not as brightly lit.....
A DARKSIDE.
Matthew L. Martin
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Matthew L. Martin »

Joël of the FoS wrote:Ari, without me trying to find something we aren't privy to, can I ask: is is just a delay, or do we have to understand they will be marketed differently than as RL novels?

Joël
My FLGS got Heaven's Bones in early, and there's not a hint of Ravenloft on the packaging.

However, 60 pages in, I've already encountered numerous references to the Mists and the Vistani, namedrops of the Musarde, Kartakass, and "Lord Meistersinger Harkon Lukas", and a reference to the fact that some, but apparently not all, Vistani tribes kill male children with the Sight.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Sweet! In that case, I'll be ordering Heaven's Bones immediately.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Lord Soth
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Soth »

Damn, one of the novels is already out? I really need to start paying more attention. :(
Man lives in the sunlit world
Of what he believes to be reality.
But, there is, unseen by most, an underworld,
A place that is just as real,
But not as brightly lit.....
A DARKSIDE.
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

I'm about halfway through Heavens Bones; oh yes, a New Ravenloft novel in everything other than the actual name. Sweet! :D
I only wish I had retired sooner!
midnightcat
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by midnightcat »

Lucius wrote:Mr. Ari Marmell revealed some sad news about "Black Crusade" in the ENworld boards:

What was the news..the link is not working....