Starcrossed: A Ravenloft Comic Discussion

Fiction about Ravenloft or Gothic Earth
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Yes! :D
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

*seriously considers writing everyone else out of the script*
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Well, y'know, he (Father Desmarais) is like the chocolate syrup. You can't have the sundae without it, but you wouldn't want to make it the main ingredient.

Uh...unless you like chocolate syrup a whole lot, I guess?
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

Wooosh.... I like the rainy montage of the Lynch Mob, though I'm not 100% certain why Desmarais is standing outside in the rain, even if he does have a lovely new scarf.

So it seems that Santine, Fred, and Marie are the main characters of this comic?

Mind you, it might actually be good for Desmarais if he's not around, since he's a Mentor and most literary Mentors seem to be doomed to die horribly so that their students can avenge them.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Nah, I like the others too but I prefer Desmarais over Marie.

No killing him off! :( :P
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

I think that the four of them together will make a rather better mix than any three of the group would.

Without Fred along, Santine has no one to treat as an equal or engage in nervously-embarassed-teen conversation.

Without Santine along, Fred hasn't really got much reason to stay with the others.

Without Marie along, these foolhardy kids and the sheltered priest are sure to get themselves creamed out there.

Without Desmarais along, the group has no voice of conscience and wisdom ... at least, not in the same person.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Nathan of the FoS wrote:Well, y'know, he (Father Desmarais) is like the chocolate syrup. You can't have the sundae without it, but you wouldn't want to make it the main ingredient.

Uh...unless you like chocolate syrup a whole lot, I guess?
*Drinks bottle of chocolate syrup*
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

CHICKEN BONE!!!

*grabs popcorn*
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Isabella wrote:
Nathan of the FoS wrote: Uh...unless you like chocolate syrup a whole lot, I guess?
*Drinks bottle of chocolate syrup*
*blink*

*blink*

I'll toast to that. Pass the chocolate syrup, please.
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

I'm hoping for Monsieur Mensonge, personally. He's just so unabashedly malevolent in Dark Tales & Disturbing Legends.

Also, whatever else you say about Etienne, he apparently liked his father. Why, considering his father buried his mother alive, I do not know.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Nikolas of the Mists
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Nikolas of the Mists »

NeoTiamat wrote:Why, considering his father buried his mother alive, I do not know.
Assumes that he knew (which he most likely did not).
"I wouldn't worry too much about the Vistana with the pistols --
If he wanted to kill you, he'd have done it already."
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

And also assuming it was his mother, not his stepmother, who was buried alive.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Kaitou Kage »

Well, I was not expecting Marie to go with them, but I can't say I'm displeased by that :D I like Marie, probably my favorite of the characters so far.
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Rotipher of the FoS wrote:And also assuming it was his mother, not his stepmother, who was buried alive.
Considering Etienne was likely entirely raised by servants, he probably would have had the same emotional attachment to either.

And we never did know why she got buried. Maybe she just as terrible as her husband. >.>

But he probably didn't know anyway.
Nathan of the FoS wrote:CHICKEN BONE!!!

*grabs popcorn*

*blink*

*blink*

I'll toast to that. Pass the chocolate syrup, please.
Great, now I have images of chocolate covered popcorn chicken.
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DocBeard »

Oh, hey, how'd I miss three comics.

This is neat. Very moody. I think Marie blowing off her friend like that is a little cold...okay, a lot cold..., but not entirely uncharacteristic. It does mean that our 'party' is lacking a wizard, though, so my guess was wrong.