RAVENLOFT IS BACK.

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

ewancummins wrote:
HuManBing wrote:Dude, you should have at least kissed her.

Or give me her number. ^_^
The kissing happened before I discovered the ''surprise.''

HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

I must fight the urge to post Bridget pics.
Le Noir Faineant

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Hey, I hope you aren't offended, Ewan. :) I have done worse things in better places... Well, not exactly THAT, but, hey, nights are long, the ale tastes well, and the less we remember tomorrow, the better... :)
Brandi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brandi »

ewancummins wrote: Ah, that's not bad.
Bad is when you find out the cute girl you're on a date with is in fact, a man. Well, ladybody, anyway. Yeah, that was embrassing.
Love has no borders, nationalities, or genders!
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

ewancummins wrote: Bad is when you find out the cute girl you're on a date with is in fact, a man. Well, ladybody, anyway. Yeah, that was embrassing.
The best part of this post is that "embrass-" is the French root for the verb "to kiss". Was this... heh heh... a slip of the tongue? ;)

You're a good man, ewancummins. I have no doubt the evening went civilly and your guest had good company for the movie at least. Stiff upper lip and all that. Respect!
Zettaijin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zettaijin »

Brandi wrote:
ewancummins wrote: Ah, that's not bad.
Bad is when you find out the cute girl you're on a date with is in fact, a man. Well, ladybody, anyway. Yeah, that was embrassing.
Love has no borders, nationalities, or genders!
Who are we to disagree with Japanese rock god Guitar Wolf?
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Jester of the FoS wrote:My plan is still to pay for a subscription just after the October issue is compiles (around Nov 3rd or 4th) so it'll expire on Dec 4th and I'll have both month's issues.
$4.95/month if you sign-up for a full year. $3.98/month if you pay the $7.95 monthly rate every two months. :D
Are you sure it works retroactively, Jester? I would think the subscription would only apply to November itself. I'd suggest posting it in the DDI section (if you haven't already) just to make sure that you don't end up losing out on the October issue.
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Back issues will almost certainly be available for folks who miss an issue, then opt to buy its compiled package later. If Jester doesn't get as many issues from his strategy as he's hoping, he can still buy October's separately if he wants.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

The issues are all held in the same location and all past content is supposed to be viewable.
That way if you're new to the game you aren't cut-off from all the official content. You can still see the warforged and gnoll and drow articles.
The Arcanist
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by The Arcanist »

But those issues were free, perhaps with the paid issues it wont work the same way, I would say it's worth double checking.
We both may be ghoul meat tonight, but I'll catch your people before the flesh eaters find me Vistana!

Malodorous Goat Refugee
Jester of the FoS

Post by Jester of the FoS »

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4news/20080917
And here’s what you get if you are a subscriber:

* Access to the pages where PDFs of Dragon and Dungeon can be downloaded (including new articles three times per week and monthly full issue compilations).
Seems to suggest back issues. Otherwise new subscribers only get the 3 articles each week (which, if September is to use as a judge, get delayed to the last 10 days).

That's also why I plan to test this in mid-November rather than wait 6 months to get 6 issues only to find they're n/a. I like the content, but to get my money's worth I really want 3-4 month's worth of issues.

On a more related topic:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/drtoc/368
Domains of Dread: Sunderheart, the Funeral City
By Matthew Sernett
Ruled by a twisted darklord split in half by her terrible betrayal, finding this realm in the Shadowfell isn't that difficult, but escaping is almost impossible.