Page 69 of 146

Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:12 pm
by The Whistler
I forgot to add mine into the original die roll, but incorporated it into the final post--which is a good thing, because it was an 18 on the dot once I applied it. :)

Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:47 pm
by The Whistler
Hey, so provided Cyrus and Katja are willing to move one square downward to reflank it, I can shove the eastern weird down two spaces so that Darius doesn't risk AoOs while he recovers--since the thing is also immobilized, it won't be able to reposition itself. Is that an okay idea, or not so much? Rock should probably sign off on it, too, since I think it would put that weird out of 10-square targeting range.

Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:25 am
by Rock of the Fraternity
I have at least one 20-square attack left, so that isn't much of an issue. What is an issue, alas, is that I feel I am going to be occupied with this ghost now.

NT, which save do I need to make to end the ongoing ice-effect, specifically? And would using the Staff of Defense immediate interrupt protect me from this attack?

Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:12 am
by lostboy
Hey I'm back, and look at the mess you got in without Nicholas, dear oh dear...

I'll post later tonight as my work inbox is overflowing right now.

Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:23 am
by NeoTiamat
Rock wrote:I have at least one 20-square attack left, so that isn't much of an issue. What is an issue, alas, is that I feel I am going to be occupied with this ghost now.

NT, which save do I need to make to end the ongoing ice-effect, specifically? And would using the Staff of Defense immediate interrupt protect me from this attack?
All saves are a basic d20, with a result of 10-20 meaning that you have made your save. Refer to page 279 of the Player's Handbook.

And afraid not on the staff. It's only helpful for extremely marginal situations, and AM was one point short of a critical.

Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:00 am
by Kaitou Kage
The Whistler wrote:Hey, so provided Cyrus and Katja are willing to move one square downward to reflank it, I can shove the eastern weird down two spaces so that Darius doesn't risk AoOs while he recovers--since the thing is also immobilized, it won't be able to reposition itself. Is that an okay idea, or not so much? Rock should probably sign off on it, too, since I think it would put that weird out of 10-square targeting range.
EDIT: On second thought, Katja and I are slowed this turn so this may not work out so well. We can only move 2 squares, tops.

Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:22 am
by Rock of the Fraternity
NeoTiamat wrote:All saves are a basic d20, with a result of 10-20 meaning that you have made your save. Refer to page 279 of the Player's Handbook.

And afraid not on the staff. It's only helpful for extremely marginal situations, and AM was one point short of a critical.
Woa for my staff of defense. :( But with a 16, I made the save, so no ongoing cold for me anymore. *relief*

Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:09 pm
by Kaitou Kage
Hey, Rock, I know you're worried about the overconfident ghost hussy that thinks she's being cute but if you help us take down this one Grave Weird, we can all turn and take out the ghost broad.

Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:23 pm
by Rock of the Fraternity
You know I'd love to. But you're all clustered around it. :( I know this makes sense from a flanking perspective, but if I hit the thing with an area spell now, I risk catching all of you. And the spells that aren't area are ... less than impressive. On the upside, I'm not moving the Icy Grasp up the map so I can shake hands with it. ;)

Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:52 pm
by Cronax
The thing is 'Huge' sized which means it occupies a 3x3x3 square cube. If you have area attacks, you can airburst them above the thing to avoid hitting allies.

Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:38 am
by DocBeard
I need to tell my other DM that.

Cronax, you should do D&D public service announcements. "Golly, Mister A, now I know!"

"And knowing is half the battle, Billy."

Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:30 pm
by Isabella
Mr. Agale: Rules Lawyer.

Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:23 pm
by Nathan of the FoS
Isabella wrote:Mr. Agale: Rules Lawyer.
Consultations at reasonable prices, inquire within!

Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:30 pm
by NeoTiamat
He knows the rules better than I do, at any rate. >_>

Also, Nathan, Rock, both of you have a ton of Reroll Tokens, just so you know.

Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:56 pm
by Rock of the Fraternity
I haven't needed them recently, my rolls have been fairly decent.

But now I need help. o_o Can someone heal me before I drop to -6, fall unconscious and have to start making death saves? Pretty please? Thanks in advance.