The Shattered City: OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

Trust in your friendly neighbourhood drunk poet my dear Rock....
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

lostboy wrote:Trust in your friendly neighbourhood drunk poet my dear Rock....
You're a gem, guv. ^^

On a sidenote, I passed the second save vs. ongoing damage with a 20. Still gonna take 10 more damage at the start of my next turn - but I shall trust in my friendly neighbourhood drunk poet. ^^
Welcome to my webcomic, Sarcantasy.
You can read it here:

Comicfury; Tapas; Webtoon

Come drop by and leave a comment; you'll make my day.
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

OK thats 9 hp back, I can use my last Majestic word on you as well if you like or you can second wind. I'd prefer to keep the majestic word if I can though (someone else will need it Im sure), but Nicholas does have several healing potions to dish out should we need them.
Rock wrote:On a sidenote, I passed the second save vs. ongoing damage with a 20. Still gonna take 10 more damage at the start of my next turn - but I shall trust in my friendly neighbourhood drunk poet. ^^
Lia might have to go on a date with him as recompense... :shock:
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Post by Kaitou Kage »

Remember that if you're in negative HP and you get healed, you are healed starting from 0, not from your negative whatever.

So if Lia is at -6 and gets healed for 25, then she's at 25 hp, not 19.
User avatar
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1859
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 12:54 am

Post by Isabella »

Careful, Nick, she might bite.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

oh come on who doesn't want to see him try?
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 637
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
Location: The Eternal Autumn
Contact:

Post by Nerit »

I have to agree. Attempts on the women here have been pretty much hilarious.
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

I wouldn't hold your breath then....

:wink:
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

Remember that if you're in negative HP and you get healed, you are healed starting from 0, not from your negative whatever.
True, but if they go negative they do fall over. Best case this means they waste a move action standing back up.

My recommendations this round:

Lostboy, I'd recommend you use the Word on lia this this round. A number of us have healing powers from multiclass feats, but those are Daily use. Better to use up our encounter powers first before dipping into those.

Doc, I would recommend Divine Mettling yourself out of the ground as your first action (Then standing up for your move if it works).

Also, I'd recommend doing whatever it takes to finish off the eastern hound with OAs, even using reroll tokens). Not only will that prevent the thing from harrying us again in the future, but it will allow Cyrus's oath to recharge.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Post by The Whistler »

Oh, Rock, if it turns out you post before me this round, you can presume I move out of the magic circle so you can move in--I haven't been beaten up nearly enough this combat :-)
User avatar
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer
Posts: 5247
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
Location: San Francisco CA

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

I'M OUT.

Image

*cracks knuckles* Very well, first I will finish un-entombing myself, and after that we will proceed with the mayhem.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

Nathan, Opportunity Attacks require you to be able to see the target, and you are blind at the moment. Your save doesn't come till the very end of your turn, whereas the Weird is diving down at the end of it's turn. So by the time Darius can see a thing, the Weird is long gone.

Also, for those who are entombed. Being Half-Buried, which includes being Prone and being Immobilized, are effects that are (save ends). So you can't stand up from the prone till after you make the save. (You're basically still buried under a bunch of dirt, just bits of you are now sticking out).

On the bright side, once you make the second save, you're automatically standing up, no need to use a move action.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer
Posts: 5247
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
Location: San Francisco CA

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Question for next turn: Do I have my head above ground when half-entombed (i.e., can I see my surroundings)? If I do, may I use a teleportation ability to finish escaping?
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

You aren't blinded any more, so you can see around you.

Half-Buried is a physical effect, so you would no longer be immobilized if you teleport. However, you would still be prone. (Teleport will get you out of the dirt, but it doesn't place you right-side-up in the process). This will be a regular prone from which you may rise as a move action, though.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

So you can't stand up from the prone till after you make the save.
Ok, I don't know the specifics of this particular monster, but I do know other monsters have abilities which specifically say 'you fall prone and cannot stand (save ends)' Ultimately its up to Neo how it works though.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
Post Reply