The Shattered City: OOC
The reason is because the character is Half Buried, which has the same effect as Prone and Immobilized, but isn't actually Prone and Immobilized. The way we read it is that the Prone is a condition on the "Half Buried (Save Ends)". The afflicted character doesn't fall prone, they simply are prone as part of the condition. Since that condition is a save ends effect, standing up doesn't make them not half-buried; so, even if they "stood up" they would still technically be prone.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
- NeoTiamat
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 4119
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Whistler's post actually reminds me. If you're attacking Anne-Marie, or any insubstantial foe for that matter, you don't have to do the divide-by-two calculation yourself, but if you do, make sure you make a note of it somewhere in your post. Otherwise, if it's just a straight damage number, then I divide it by two once I get around to logging it in the combat update.
Also, I am amused by Celeste. She is great.
Also, I am amused by Celeste. She is great.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
- The Whistler
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 1454
- Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
- Location: Southshore
Point taken, and thank you! It's sort of difficult to come up with an *accidental* way that a ghost can take thunder damage, in the middle of an open field, in clear weather. 
Also, I forgot to mention: in case Anne Marie has resistance to thunder damage, the attack she's just suffered will bypass 5 points of that.
Also, I forgot to mention: in case Anne Marie has resistance to thunder damage, the attack she's just suffered will bypass 5 points of that.
Hmm at a bit of a loss as what to do, I can either concentrate on knocking a few hps off AM (which seems a little pointless) or I can use Impelling Force and try and slide the southern grave weird over to where Darius, Katja and Cyrus can hit it. Alternatively I can chuck something at it to reduce its ability to either defend or attack.
Thoughts?
Thoughts?
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
- Kaitou Kage
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 2115
- Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
- Location: Here and there
- Contact:
- Rock of the Fraternity
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 6808
- Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm
*raises hand* I'm fine with not getting the Word this round, but would like to request that everyone who can take a shot at the ghost does so. Ghosts can be a fair sight trickier to defeat than psychopathic elementals. This request is in no way inspired by having a bucket of water upended over Lia's head. I really just want to be rid of the ghostly opposition as soon as possible - I recall the one in Har Akir too well.
A few things,
We know the magic circle is effective against the Weirds, but we can't be sure it will do anything against AM. Someone good at Religion or Arcana might want to try to see if we can know for sure.
Based on how much punishment it takes to kill them and the fact that they spent action points, I'm pretty sure the hounds are elite. While its possible AM is also an elite, I doubt it.
Since you didn't use your minor action this round for anything else Rock, you probably want to keep sustaining the icy hand. Just in case.
We know the magic circle is effective against the Weirds, but we can't be sure it will do anything against AM. Someone good at Religion or Arcana might want to try to see if we can know for sure.
Based on how much punishment it takes to kill them and the fact that they spent action points, I'm pretty sure the hounds are elite. While its possible AM is also an elite, I doubt it.
Since you didn't use your minor action this round for anything else Rock, you probably want to keep sustaining the icy hand. Just in case.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
- NeoTiamat
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 4119
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
As a matter of fact there is, but it requires spending a feat. It's called Melee Training and it's in the PHB2. You choose an ability score, any ability score, and replace Strength with it when using a weapon you are proficient with, both for attacks and damage rolls.I really don't have a chance of hitting the weird with my melee basic unless I roll a 18. It would be nice if there were some way to use main attack stats for AoOs. Even if my AoO would kill the thing, I'm not gonna waste rerolls trying to get a 18.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
- Rock of the Fraternity
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 6808
- Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm
- Kaitou Kage
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 2115
- Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
- Location: Here and there
- Contact:
- NeoTiamat
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 4119
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
It'll depend on how many people have posted, but I'm hoping later tonight, before I go to bed (at around 11:30 EST, which is a bit over seven hours from now).lostboy wrote:Neo what time are you posting?
Rock, you want lore? Well, coming right up!
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
