In an effort to expedite our pow-wow, I've gone over and compiled a rough outline of
facts I could glean from Chapter 1. After 38 pages of posts my eyes are seriously glazed over. I'm sure I missed some important details, especially from scenes Cyrus wasn't in. If you see I've missed something important, let me know and I'll edit it in.
Also this is all strictly things I could find in the chapter proper. If you have a relevant clue to add, tell me.
Interestingly, I've discovered a couple clues I've missed before and made a few connections I hadn't noticed before.
Shattered City Outline
Chapter 1
- The Three Sacred Symbols of Dementlieu were stolen from the Guignol
--- The Sword was found at Mme. Chastel's corpse. It had rusted to ruin
--- The Charter was found in the catacombs. It seemed still intact.
--- The Mirror Brilliant -- ?
--- Leon's Signet Ring --?
Guignol Museum
- Cyrus discovered a Hazlani acid was used on the glass. The acid is rarely found outside Hazlan, but attempts to investigate the local Hazlani apothecary hit a dead-end.
- Prof. Marchand-Renier suggested Vedarrak could be an influencing force behind the theft.
Talks and Investigations
- Consensus was that M. Pelay was not behind the heist
- Kerrian learned that Pelay and Chastel had a major argument. Pelay called Chastel a "lazy turtle."
- Canderli, the Hazlani apotheceary, said that her gal-zuur had been stolen by someone in an ugly yellow opera cloak.
- Montmort apparently knew about the woman in the yellow cloak and the theft. He was seen asking about her.
- The yellow-cloak's trail led into Quartier Ouvrier. First meeting of Reine.
Mysterious girl who claims to speak with Ezra.
--- Yellow-cloak's apartment was empty. Found inside were a broken mirror, a fake human skull, a notebook, and a crate with the initials CTC stamped on the side.
--- Name of Perrine used to identify Yellow-cloak.
--- Strange drawing found in a drawer:
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u193 ... artoon.jpg
----- Academics vs. Nobility and ignoring the problems of the poor?
----- Chastel is part of the "slow turtle" in this? Where does Pelay fit?
-Kerrian suggests a charity ball. Mme. Loiseau and others agree.
- Hugo Delarue claims the Mirror Brilliant is his by virtue of heritage and is angry the University will not give it to him. Agale does not believe Delarue would've engineered the theft, though.
Vedarrak
- Was talking with Duchess Marie-Claudine von Auerbach
University deals heavily in bound elementals. Radiant Tower in Falkovnia's been looking into this.
- Vedarrak *seemed* unaware of the thefts until it was brought up to him.
Chapel Eglise
- Kerrian had a vision that knocked him out.
http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/foru ... 731#123731
--- Five blackbirds cut in half by a sword with a hilt that looked like the sun. Vision generally pointed to dead twins found shortly after.
- Party headed down into the catacombs. They had been flooded recently.
Five sets of twins found drowned in a tomb. The Charter was found on one man.
- Note also found: "At what point does a trail become a trap? -C"
- Charter returned to the gendarmes at the Palace of Justice
Tessier Gallery
- Met Bertram, Bertriz, and Christophe Renier
- Chastel was found dead, run through by the Sword of Leon.
--- Creepy dolls found all over her office. "Death is dead. She's dead. Killed her." Perhaps Chastel was "Death?"
- City went crazy that night (March 11th). Tomas, Cyrus, Katja witness the troubles outside. Even gendarmes went hysterical.
- Tessier Gallery gets lit on fire. Someone shoots at Agale.
Chastel, her dolls, and the Sword all vanished sometime during the confusion.
- Something protected certain people from the Crazy. Ideas are that they were in certain locations at that moment, or that they were weraing masks.