Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:Hmm... looking at the database that stores the dice, my best guess is that tarlyn rolled something, then deleted his post, then you posted, so you got his postid. your rolls are there, but his is there first, so your post shows his roll.
Like you said, it is a beta...
In any case, random is random.... so having tarlyn's name there is irritating, but ultimately doesn't matter much. (though I wonder if he'd rolled a different number or size die how it would show up in your post!)
I know I am irritating but hey, that is life
I don't know what happened but I do like the new board. Maybe next time Nerit and I can co-ordinate our rolls ?
If that is the case, it seems it could be exploited by repeatedly making private posts with rolls until a good one came up, then deleting that thread and immediately posting in a public thread.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
yes, dice cannot be rolled in PM's, only in the Roleplaying Boards. Cafe de Nuit, Ravenloft: Origins, Evening with the Frat, and Halfling tells a tale.
Still, a similar exploit might be found... :/
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:yes, dice cannot be rolled in PM's, only in the Roleplaying Boards. Cafe de Nuit, Ravenloft: Origins, Evening with the Frat, and Halfling tells a tale.
Still, a similar exploit might be found... :/
Wanna bet it will happen? Never say never, eh?
Sorry about monopolising your OOC thread Neotiamat.
Kaitou Kage wrote:Well, if you're not going to ask dead-eyed sob, you may want to spend a healing surge or two. You're down 15 hp, you realize.
Actually, I'm only down 2. I already took a healing surge when we all started running from the wraiths.
Unless I misunderstood how the encounter worked, you don't gain HP for the healing surge you lost from your consequence. That's a lost surge, not a spent one.
You can't spend healing surges to recover HP on your own during an encounter, so unless someone else healed you or you used your second wind, you didn't recover those HP.
She drank a healing potion in the middle of the ghosts.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
Just as a head's up everyone, I've added some NPC character briefs to the Rules and Rerolls thread: Andre, Gauvain, Reine, Guy, and the Mirror Lady.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24 Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
And Mercator Melanchthon is in the PC part of the thread now!
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24 Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
With regards to Agale... seeing as Gauvain ordered you to get the Book and the name, not telling him is a good way to see just how thoroughly Gauvain can dismantle your lives.
With regards to Nerit... she is performing a valuable public service.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24 Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing