Page 121 of 146

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:29 pm
by yalenusveler
I have a save I can throw at Nic, but then i'm sunk because I'm still dazed. It's also a save with no bonuses attached. So a hypothetical 50/50 shot of getting him free, but i'm sort of stuck and going "crap, explosions hurt." Anyone got a chance of getting Nic free without using it, or?

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:58 pm
by Cronax
If someone could slide or push yalenus a single square, he'd be free to toss Nic a saving throw.

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:43 pm
by Nathan of the FoS
I can make it to Nic if I run, try a Heal check, then spend an action point to move. Problem is, I only have a 25% chance of making the Acrobatics check to cross the connector (and a 75% chance of making the subsequent Heal check). Unprepossessing. No slides or pulls available, I'm afraid. :(

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:30 pm
by Cronax
Use Athletics instead, its only DC 15. And even if you fail, you get tossed on the coal car anyway (with a little damage)

Seriously, one of you with an action point remaining needs to save him or he will die.

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:50 pm
by Isabella
You guys get another action point after this encounter, and you can only spend one action point per encounter - just FYI.

You can spend them when Dazed, incidentally (just not stunned).

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:30 am
by Nathan of the FoS
OK, I am on the case. Thanks to a kind dice roller.

Will change my post imjitly.

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:21 am
by lostboy
Thanks Nathan, very much appreciated.

right all I need to do now is make that save.... :shock: wow two saves in a row, maybe the dice gods have decided to like me again.

Post edited.

Umm everyone remember you get +2 on the acrobatics check for inspire competence.

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:04 am
by NeoTiamat
Hmm. Rock, send me an Intelligence-based Implement attack roll, would you? As though Mage Hand had an attack associated with it.

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:13 am
by Rock of the Fraternity
Mage Hand attack roll: 23!

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:31 pm
by Nerit
Whazza language of Graben Island? Some kind of Scandinavian? No books talk about it. I went for Danish since it's impossible to find a Faroese dictionary. You know, Faroe Islands, tiny sheep & fish place.

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:41 pm
by DocBeard
Now I'm just picturing that bit from Nightmare Before Christmas, where the monsters all argue over what the heck could be inside a Christmas present.

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:07 pm
by Rock of the Fraternity
They finally decided on something, as evidenced when the little boy opened the gift from the very thin 'Santa'... Oy vey. ^^;

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:26 pm
by Kaitou Kage
You all may recall the cutscene at the end of the Eye of Anubis where Carter disappeared.

http://ow.ly/38PUi

Now you can see his whereabouts. He'll have a bigger role later in this story arc.

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:28 am
by Rock of the Fraternity
:o Ah! I completely missed that was Carter! Hooray, he's back! :D

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:10 pm
by The Whistler
(Psst! DMs! You wrote like half of that last post twice! I think it's a copy-paste mishap maybe!)

(Runs away)