Page 123 of 146

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:05 pm
by The Whistler
So my lofty posting ambitions apparently conflict with a Hanukkah party, because there are relatives here and I guess I'm supposed to be social? My bit will come later today, and it will be suitably dramatic.

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:34 pm
by Nathan of the FoS
Helping my sister pack, but will pop in later with posting.

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:19 pm
by Rock of the Fraternity
I'll be away on Monday, for my annual visit to my aunt's on one of the near islands. I'll be back on Tuesday, and I am of course available tomorrow. ^^

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:15 pm
by The Whistler
All righty, Kaitou, let me know when you make that Stealth check so I know whether or not to stall Thierri for another round.

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:49 pm
by The Whistler
Okay guys, we had to provoke the dude at some point, given that it's nearly impossible to tie a guy up without him noticing. So the only thing to do is get all of the cords on him at once! I will continue to distract/Diplomacy him with my character's lady-charms, and possibly attempt to Thievery another cord onto him when I touch him (I've got a +12). So:

-Ruling from the DMs on whether or not I can do this?

-Who wants to be in charge of attaching the third cord?

-Who wants to make sure that Rock's/my/Person #3's skill checks are as high as humanly possible?

Discuss!

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:54 pm
by NeoTiamat
DM Rulings and Comments!

–Celeste may certainly attempt Thievery to add more cords to Thierri as she distracts him. If she's distracting enough (as in, DC 25) she may not need Thievery. If she's really distracting, she might end this scene right away, but that would require some considerable distraction.

--You should roll Initiative! You need to equal or exceed an initiative roll of 18 to go and rush Thierri with a cord. If you beat initiative you can put the cord on, no further rolls required. Rock, you should roll as well, this will determine whether you get a cord on him or not before you are spotted.

--Remember that even if you do get all the cords onto Thierri, you also need to activate the stones, though that merely requires someone to go around and activate them, no rolls required.

Any questions?

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:30 pm
by NeoTiamat
[dice]2[/dice]

As a note, if you guys want to use the forum dice-roller, you're free to do so.

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:21 am
by Nathan of the FoS
The only thing I'm likely to be able to do is assist with a Bluff check...Nic, maybe?

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:08 am
by Rock of the Fraternity
Initiative check: 8...

...

I am seriously considering a re-roll, based on how everyone else did on this particular check. =_=

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:29 am
by lostboy
Ok so IC on Thievery is out there to help get the cords on. Nic is fairly pants at thieving himself so best bet for him is to assist on diplomacy or bluff checks..

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:20 pm
by Isabella
As a reminder: If you beat initiative you can put the cord on, no further rolls required.

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:54 pm
by Nathan of the FoS
Initiative 23 (!). Hot dang. I'm gonna go lasso me a Death.

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:21 pm
by yalenusveler
Right up there with everyone's favorite Far realm touched doctor...

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:13 pm
by Nerit
YEAH, CELESTE!

So, if she succeeds, that's the 3 cords.

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:44 pm
by Rock of the Fraternity
Go, Whistler! :D