The Shattered City: OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Post by Kaitou Kage »

Happy new year!
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Post by NeoTiamat »

Yes, Happy New Year one and all.

Well, I will have to say that the responses are not what I was expecting to get, based on the earlier chat conversations. (Myself I'd have voted for a fresh start). Still, rather flattering, I have to say. Hopefully I can justify all this faith in the GMs floating around.

Alright then! Shattered City will continue with its regularly scheduled plot, and since people look to be done with talking to Perrine, we will move on to Book Five tomorrow night, hopefully! The goal will be a shorter, snappier book, so let's see if we can't start off the New Year's with a bang, eh?

On a different note, I know that people are having Real Life issues in all their various sorts, so I will fully understand if some people want to take an extended vacation or even retire from Shattered City due to time constraints or RL issues. You needn't worry about the rest of us, apparently SC has a wait-list. :shock:

Thanks for all the support, and hope you guys enjoy Book Five!
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Post by NeoTiamat »

For the record, the PCs are still Level 8. I'll level you guys up after the battle.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer
Posts: 5247
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
Location: San Francisco CA

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Initiative 17. So close!
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Post by NeoTiamat »

Folks, invest in Improved Initiative when you do level up. You will not regret it.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Post by The Whistler »

Wheeeeeeeee 12. Have fun being more productive than me, folks!
User avatar
yalenusveler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1266
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:44 pm
Location: Pennsylvania...or Baator

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Post by yalenusveler »

And with a 15, I join team "Not acting just yet!"
"Sometimes, Mr.Liquor cabinet is my only friend"
User avatar
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 637
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
Location: The Eternal Autumn
Contact:

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Post by Nerit »

Oh, snap. Nerit's in trouble :). 16 Init. I guess she'll do what she does best--talk. Should I wait for your next post, GMs?


NOTE: Shouldn't Nerit be on the list of PCs?
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak
User avatar
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Initiative of 7. I actually rolled a one. :-\
Welcome to my webcomic, Sarcantasy.
You can read it here:

Comicfury; Tapas; Webtoon

Come drop by and leave a comment; you'll make my day.
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Post by lostboy »

Initiative 20 :shock:

umm wasn't prepared for that so will post a little later today
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Post by NeoTiamat »

Nerit wrote:Oh, snap. Nerit's in trouble :). 16 Init. I guess she'll do what she does best--talk. Should I wait for your next post, GMs?


NOTE: Shouldn't Nerit be on the list of PCs?
Whoops. I'll fix that after breakfast. (I just copied-and-pasted the prior PC list, but Nerit was on hiatus then. My bad!)

Also, feel free to talk! Talking is a free action, after all.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Post by Kaitou Kage »

Well, I used up all my luck last chapter :P

I rolled a 1 and then used a reroll and got a 2.

On the other hand, I suppose there's nowhere to go but up on the luck chain. Good luck, Nefu!
User avatar
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

The answer to all questions is Grimmric. :D
Welcome to my webcomic, Sarcantasy.
You can read it here:

Comicfury; Tapas; Webtoon

Come drop by and leave a comment; you'll make my day.
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Post by Kaitou Kage »

Neo, unless these are special grabs, escape is one of the following checks:

Acrobatics vs. Reflex OR
Athletics vs. Fortitude

See page 288

If they are special grabs (or in other special circumstances where normal rules don't apply), could you please note that so there is less confusion! :)
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Post by NeoTiamat »

These are not special grabs! Kage is correct, I just read the rules too fast.

*goes to edit*
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Post Reply