Page 127 of 146
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:41 pm
by Kaitou Kage
Happy new year!
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:19 pm
by NeoTiamat
Yes, Happy New Year one and all.
Well, I will have to say that the responses are
not what I was expecting to get, based on the earlier chat conversations. (Myself I'd have voted for a fresh start). Still, rather flattering, I have to say. Hopefully I can justify all this faith in the GMs floating around.
Alright then! Shattered City will continue with its regularly scheduled plot, and since people look to be done with talking to Perrine, we will move on to Book Five tomorrow night, hopefully! The goal will be a shorter, snappier book, so let's see if we can't start off the New Year's with a bang, eh?
On a different note, I know that people are having Real Life issues in all their various sorts, so I will fully understand if some people want to take an extended vacation or even retire from Shattered City due to time constraints or RL issues. You needn't worry about the rest of us, apparently SC has a wait-list.
Thanks for all the support, and hope you guys enjoy Book Five!
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:21 am
by NeoTiamat
For the record, the PCs are still Level 8. I'll level you guys up after the battle.
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:22 am
by Nathan of the FoS
Initiative 17. So close!
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:24 am
by NeoTiamat
Folks, invest in Improved Initiative when you do level up. You will not regret it.
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:50 am
by The Whistler
Wheeeeeeeee 12. Have fun being more productive than me, folks!
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:58 am
by yalenusveler
And with a 15, I join team "Not acting just yet!"
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:55 am
by Nerit
Oh, snap. Nerit's in trouble

. 16 Init. I guess she'll do what she does best--talk. Should I wait for your next post, GMs?
NOTE: Shouldn't Nerit be on the list of PCs?
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:17 am
by Rock of the Fraternity
Initiative of 7. I actually rolled a one. :-\
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:58 am
by lostboy
Initiative 20
umm wasn't prepared for that so will post a little later today
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:53 am
by NeoTiamat
Nerit wrote:Oh, snap. Nerit's in trouble

. 16 Init. I guess she'll do what she does best--talk. Should I wait for your next post, GMs?
NOTE: Shouldn't Nerit be on the list of PCs?
Whoops. I'll fix that after breakfast. (I just copied-and-pasted the prior PC list, but Nerit was on hiatus then. My bad!)
Also, feel free to talk! Talking is a free action, after all.
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:23 am
by Kaitou Kage
Well, I used up all my luck last chapter
I rolled a 1 and then used a reroll and got a 2.
On the other hand, I suppose there's nowhere to go but up on the luck chain. Good luck, Nefu!
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:29 pm
by Rock of the Fraternity
The answer to all questions is Grimmric.

Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:24 pm
by Kaitou Kage
Neo, unless these are special grabs, escape is one of the following checks:
Acrobatics vs. Reflex OR
Athletics vs. Fortitude
See page 288
If they are special grabs (or in other special circumstances where normal rules don't apply), could you please note that so there is less confusion!

Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:17 pm
by NeoTiamat
These are not special grabs! Kage is correct, I just read the rules too fast.
*goes to edit*