Page 135 of 146

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:39 pm
by Rock of the Fraternity
Will the Ice Queen/Duchess wait long enough for Lia to use the ritual that summons magical horses? Because I'd like everyone to travel in style, rather than pretend to be luggage. ;)

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:03 pm
by NeoTiamat
How long does the ritual take :?:

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:28 pm
by Rock of the Fraternity
Ten minutes.

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:42 pm
by NeoTiamat
Good evening everyone, or good morning to some of you.

I won’t belabor the point. Eight months ago, we thought Shattered City was doing poorly, and had a State of the Game discussion to try and figure out how to improve it. Two months ago, I did some serious number crunching on post-rates, and asked where we should go from here. Almost unanimously, the players indicated that they wanted to continue the campaign, give it one last try. Since then, despite the DMs’ best efforts, the posting for SC-B5 has pretty much died off completely. We’ve got half the post-rate we had in Book 4, and a third of that is from the single combat.

It’s time to admit that Shattered City needs to be laid to rest. With that in mind, I’m going to push the game forward towards a final, climactic battle, in hopes of giving the Eye of Anubis and the Shattered City duology one last hurrah. And that, as they say, will be that.

It’s been fun playing with you guys and gals over the last three years, and hopefully we can wrap up on a bang instead of a whimper.

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:26 am
by Nathan of the FoS
Yeah, I guess we could see this coming.

Awright! One last hurrah! On to the Bastille! Er, I mean, the Palace of Justice!

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:07 am
by Nerit
Damn it. Fine. I saw it coming earlier today anyway.

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:53 am
by Rock of the Fraternity
*sigh* I feel very sad right now.

I ask but one thing: that once we've finished the climactic battle, you tell me what the original planning was.

On a sidenote: I went "Glk!" when I read that Night Terror had become someone's vassal in your recent post, Neo! :P That was funny!

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:55 am
by NeoTiamat
We can chat in AIM about it. The Night-Terror thing was prepped all the way back in a cutscene at the end of Book Eight of EoA, a long time ago. You never know when you might need a four-armed demon-gargoyle.

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:46 pm
by Nerit
I'll see YOU in AIM, Neo, WINKWINK.


O.o

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:04 pm
by Nathan of the FoS
...do you have something in your eye, Nerit? :lucas:

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:00 am
by The Whistler
Ah, well, all's well that ends that way, I suppose. Count me in for whatever the next awesome project ends up being! In the meantime, consider me happy to help bring this beast to a fitting conclusion.

(If it is not implied that Celeste gets happily married off at some point during or after the epilogue, I may injure something.)

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:39 am
by lostboy
Aye lets finish this off with the mother of all bangs...

I am honestly sad its going, but I'm one of the worst offenders in posting. I'll be honest I just don't really have the time for it these days (which officially sucks).

Dammit but its been a blast.

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:15 pm
by NeoTiamat
Those folks who wish to actually summon/recruit/acquire some kind of allies should either get in touch with me for a side-RP, or let me know if they are in fact heading out so I can move them over in-thread. (I vote for Nicolas to visit Athene. It will be hilarious, if he survives).

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:17 pm
by Isabella
I'll be hilarious even if he doesn't survive.

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:19 pm
by Rock of the Fraternity
NT, will you be available for side-RP tomorrow? I waited around today, but you seemed to be out. ^^